SiouxSports.com Forum

Greetings from The UAE, brought my Sioux jersey with!

Jeremy_und2004

Wow! We agree on two things in one week. That has to be a first. Mafia Man is pretty stand up.

Crazy thought. You are the only other person I know that doesn't think the Pepper is good. One more thing I think we can agree on. Why fire Hak? What would be the upside?

I was at a park one day and there were all these different types of ducks. I thought dang I wish Goon could tell me what they are. I should take a camera and take pictures and post them for you to identify.

Wow. I must have had a brain fart when I got it done at REA. The A is gone now. lol. Thanks for letting me know. As for him not wering that style, If you can find me a Nike dazzle jersey that I can have, be sure to send it my way. LOL. I got his name on it because he is one of the greats to come from UND, and I dont feel its a foul if you put a UND Great on almost any style of "Sioux" Jersey (the North Dakota style is another story). The "A" was a foul for sure, can't believe where I got the thought that he wore an A. Probably a bad google search. haha.

Thanks for the comments (the good, the bad, and the Bisonville). The flight was very long. It was 13 hours direct from Chicago, and I won't do that again. It was my first overseas flight, and of course I couldnt sleep at all. But they fed us well.

I have been to the ice rink in Dubai twice and I'm going to the ice rink in Abu Dhabi later this month. I wish I was here in the fall, they actually have an Emirates Hockey League and that would be interesting to watch to say the least.

On your way home can you stop for a day or two and see some sights? London, Paris, Madrid, etc..
  • Upvote 1

dude so what if eremey isn't a born here raise here in grand forks

hes trying his best

so what

hes prolly makin 6 figs working for the feds

Born and raised, Grand Forks, ND (United Hospital). Season tickets since 1996. Moved out of GF in 2012 to Winnipeg, now temp stationed in UAE. I still can't believe I dropped the ball and thought Parise wore an A. Oh well.

Crazy thought. You are the only other person I know that doesn't think the Pepper is good. One more thing I think we can agree on. Why fire Hak? What would be the upside?

I was at a park one day and there were all these different types of ducks. I thought dang I wish Goon could tell me what they are. I should take a camera and take pictures and post them for you to identify.

Right now ducks are easy to ID because they're in full color. The Pintails and the green head Mallards are really colorful right now as well as the Red Heads and the Canvasbacks. Soon they're going to molt and they will lose their pretty colors. By hunting season, hopefully they get their color back.

Born and raised, Grand Forks, ND (United Hospital). Season tickets since 1996. Moved out of GF in 2012 to Winnipeg, now temp stationed in UAE. I still can't believe I dropped the ball and thought Parise wore an A. Oh well.

UAE is semi scenic right?

I wouldn't sweat the very minor mistake with the "A". It was cool to see that jersey on the ice in Dubai.

• Upvote 2

Right now ducks are easy to ID because they're in full color. The Pintails and the green head Mallards are really colorful right now as well as the Red Heads and the Canvasbacks. Soon they're going to molt and they will lose their pretty colors. By hunting season, hopefully they get their color back.

Blah blah blah...ducks...blah blah blah...color...blah blah blah...Not at all like penguins...blah blah blah...

Someone else in this thread was told by REA staff that Parise wore the "A" as well...bad information on their part.

Jeremy, this is a great thread topic...perhaps other posters could tag along here and post their own pictures of places that Sioux jerseys have been worn?

• Upvote 1

Goon, These ducks are in the desert that I saw. Would that make a difference?

Goon, These ducks are in the desert that I saw. Would that make a difference?

You know, that's a good question. I am not sure... I know that they have Canadian Honkers and Mallards in Florida, but no clue about the Desert South West.

So I'm over here in The UAE (United Arab Emirates) and the one thing I had to pack was my green Parise Sioux jersey. It's been averaging over 110F over here, but it still wore it in The Dubai Mall, and even went skating in it. Hope everyone enjoys their summer in the states, I'll hopefully be back by hockey season. Fighting Sioux Forever!

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg1-1.jpg

Nice skates :D

Were those previously rollerblades in a previous life? ;)

Thanks for the comments (the good, the bad, and the Bisonville). The flight was very long. It was 13 hours direct from Chicago, and I won't do that again. It was my first overseas flight, and of course I couldnt sleep at all. But they fed us well.

That happened to me on my flight from DC to Addis Ababa. It was brutal, especially since the seats on Ethiopian Airlines are made for skinny Ethiopians. Sleep meds (melatonin, benadryl, ambien, lunesta, etc.) are your best friend for those flights!

You know, that's a good question. I am not sure... I know that they have Canadian Honkers and Mallards in Florida, but no clue about the Desert South West.

A pair of mallards lived in my swimming pool in Phoenix.

That happened to me on my flight from DC to Addis Ababa. It was brutal, especially since the seats on Ethiopian Airlines are made for skinny Ethiopians. Sleep meds (melatonin, benadryl, ambien, lunesta, etc.) are your best friend for those flights!

A pair of mallards lived in my swimming pool in Phoenix.

There is a public pool in the Phoenix area they won't let kids use right now because of the ducks sheeting in it.

So I'm over here in The UAE (United Arab Emirates) and the one thing I had to pack was my green Parise Sioux jersey. It's been averaging over 110F over here, but it still wore it in The Dubai Mall, and even went skating in it. Hope everyone enjoys their summer in the states, I'll hopefully be back by hockey season. Fighting Sioux Forever!

Very cool. I have fond memories of trips to Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Not sure if you'll get to the latter, but they might have the ugliest airport terminal inside of all time.

This was ice skating in Bahrain.

226512_1042856484172_5232_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

This entire hockey page has been pretty dull lately...doesn't anyone have pictures to post of Sioux jerseys on top of Mount Everest or the Great Pyramids or something? Hell, I'd settle for seeing one in front of New Salem Sue.

This entire hockey page has been pretty dull lately...doesn't anyone have pictures to post of Sioux jerseys on top of Mount Everest or the Great Pyramids or something? Hell, I'd settle for seeing one in front of New Salem Sue.

Here's a pic of me from a couple years ago wearing my UND geometric head cycling jersey.

It's at the top of Alpe d' Huez, a very famous climb in France (ridden in the Tour de France quite regularly). I didn't realize prior to climbing it that there was a skating rink at the very top. When we were biking past it on our way up, there was a hockey game being played. By the time we changed clothes and made our way over there, the hockey game was over and figure skating was going on instead.

France_Day_6_020.jpg

Here's a pic of me from a couple years ago wearing my UND geometric head cycling jersey.

It's at the top of Alpe d' Huez, a very famous climb in France (ridden in the Tour de France quite regularly). I didn't realize prior to climbing it that there was a skating rink at the very top. When we were biking past it on our way up, there was a hockey game being played. By the time we changed clothes and made our way over there, the hockey game was over and figure skating was going on instead.

That's a nice hockey rink.