SiouxSports.com Forum

Flavored Beers

Fetch

I have wanted to try the reds apple ale & now that goon has endorsed it - I will because like me he likes bud lt lime

Another that is advertised a lot is the twisted teas I like iced tea & actually drink a lot - anyone tried it ? (They claim it tastes like real tea)

Depends on the season for me.

Winter/early Spring - Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

Madison River Brewing's Copper John

Fargo Brewing's Stone's Throw

Guinness

Other porters/brown stouts/Scottish ales

Summer - lighten it up with Rogue Dead Guy Ale

On a really hot day, a Coors Light or Miller Lite can be pretty good

Fall - Sam Adams Octoberfest!

Any of the above depending on the weather

Fall - Sam Adams Octoberfest!

I am a big Sam Adams Oktoberfest fan, too. I tend to rotate...currently in my fridge: Boulevard Pale Ale, Third Street Brewhouse Three Way, Shocktop Belgian Wheat and Chocolate Wheat (to make black and tans!), and I just bought the Sam Adams Beers of Summer Sampler which has all kinds of good stuff. :)

I used to get excited about finding Fat Tire, but now that it is so readily available, I don't buy it as often. Pretty much the only beer type I really don't like is the IPA. Not a hoppy beer fan at all!

• Upvote 1

Kystone ice isn't too bad either is regular busch.

any one ever have Budweiser?

Just my humble opinion, both of those beers are less than stellar. I drank Busch Light in college and I put it on par with Stroh's beer. :)

I am a big Sam Adams Oktoberfest fan, too. I tend to rotate...currently in my fridge: Boulevard Pale Ale, Third Street Brewhouse Three Way, Shocktop Belgian Wheat and Chocolate Wheat (to make black and tans!), and I just bought the Sam Adams Beers of Summer Sampler which has all kinds of good stuff. :)

I used to get excited about finding Fat Tire, but now that it is so readily available, I don't buy it as often. Pretty much the only beer type I really don't like is the IPA. Not a hoppy beer fan at all!

You have good taste in beer.

You seem to be a solid beer consultant. I might need some suggestions for this fall. Post-hunt of course.

I know a thing or two. It's been a dream of mine to get a microbrew going in grand forks but I don't have the time or the money:( lets just say I spent too much of it at the target center in March;)

Come fall time all oktoberfest beers are good. And any pumpkin beer you can find is always good. Happy Harry's has a little bit to choose from.

Two "flavored" beers most definitely worth trying out are New Glarus Brewing's Serendipity (Apple, Cherry, Cranberry) ale and Raspberry Tart ale. For those not familiar with New Glarus Brewing, it's a fantastic brewery just outside of Madison that produces a number of outstanding beers (Moon Man pale ale is my favorite, many people enjoy Spotted Cow).

The only problem with New Glarus is that they only allow for their products to be sold within the borders of Wisconsin, but if you make a quick hop over to Hudson or Superior you can usually find a nice variety of their products.

For those who are planning on making the Madison road trip this November, a visit to the brewery (it is immaculate, and they allow self-guided tours) and the village of New Glarus is a must. The village is heavy on Swiss culture and is a very unique and fun place to visit. I highly recommend it.

Two "flavored" beers most definitely worth trying out are New Glarus Brewing's Serendipity (Apple, Cherry, Cranberry) ale and Raspberry Tart ale. For those not familiar with New Glarus Brewing, it's a fantastic brewery just outside of Madison that produces a number of outstanding beers (Moon Man pale ale is my favorite, many people enjoy Spotted Cow).

The only problem with New Glarus is that they only allow for their products to be sold within the borders of Wisconsin, but if you make a quick hop over to Hudson or Superior you can usually find a nice variety of their products.

For those who are planning on making the Madison road trip this November, a visit to the brewery (it is immaculate, and they allow self-guided tours) and the village of New Glarus is a must. The village is heavy on Swiss culture and is a very unique and fun place to visit. I highly recommend it.

Very annoying. Can vouch for Spotted Cow and Fat Squirrel as great beer though.

Didn't realize that it was so close to Madison (less than 30 miles). Might have to insert that into tentative itinerary.

I know a thing or two. It's been a dream of mine to get a microbrew going in grand forks but I don't have the time or the money:( lets just say I spent too much of it at the target center in March;)

Come fall time all oktoberfest beers are good. And any pumpkin beer you can find is always good. Happy Harry's has a little bit to choose from.

Any way you can put this in a bar that's stumbling distance from the south end of Grand Forks? :)

Any way you can put this in a bar that's stumbling distance from the south end of Grand Forks? :)

I wish! If only I had the funds! I can't believe there's yet to be a microbrewery to open in grand forks. There's definitely a market for one. If I only had a few million dollars laying around....I'd do it.

I wish! If only I had the funds! I can't believe there's yet to be a microbrewery to open in grand forks. There's definitely a market for one. If I only had a few million dollars laying around....I'd do it.

Supposedly the owners of Rhombus Guys are pretty close to opening one up in the old Opera house in town.