SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

...I strongly doubt that. You guys had your run full of seniors but that can't continue. It was a nice run though.

Once again I'm a Sioux fan. The Bison will make another run this year. I don't hate them like the rest of you. Now if they had a hockey team the hate would run deep.

Ummm, because that's where we discuss Bison football and other NDSU sports .....

That 6 page per hour thread is about the und/ndsu scheduled games. More active than your season opener thread or any other current thread for that matter.

At least und fans will admit that this brings excitement. Football is ndsu's number one sport. It is currently und's number 2. What happens when und's number 2 sport passes ndsu's number 1? Because eventually it will happen and these games will help move it in that direction.

Once again I'm a Sioux fan. The Bison will make another run this year. I don't hate them like the rest of you. Now if they had a hockey team the hate would run deep.

You guys love that schtick.  Lamest thing you can do on a message board by far.

• Upvote 2

A press release would have accomplished what you are talking about.  The press conference was more than what was needed.  Can you say, "Overcompensation"?

I disagree. The first stupid a$$ question asked was to Coach K, and it was "Is this the biggest non-conference game you have ever been involved with" (or something very close to that effect).  You think we want dumba$$ reporters sticking a mic in his face after practice asking that and other questions not focused on Iowa State, our players or the upcoming season.

That's not how NDSU football operates. We are focused and strive for routine . . . not for distractions.

I disagree. The first stupid a$$ question asked was to Coach K, and it was "Is this the biggest non-conference game you have ever been involved with" (or something very close to that effect).  You think we want dumba$$ reporters sticking a mic in his face after practice asking that and other questions not focused on Iowa State, our players or the upcoming season.

That's not how NDSU football operates. We are focused and strive for routine . . . not for distractions.

If your acting AD or whoever signed your contract didn't think that this news was going to be a big deal, whether it came out of a press release, a news conference or a "leak" from a Fargo media outlet that has the contract for FU football, he should be let go.  If you football coach, who probably had say in this, thought that it was not going to be news and the media was going to just wait until the season was over, I would be shocked.  He is a much smarter man than that as I know him personally.

If FU didn't want the distraction and the attention that was going to go on with this game, they should have kept avoiding signing the contract.  It is not up to UND to wait for FU to be ready to announce it.  If thats what they wanted, they should have asked for a joint news conference or, Gene could have signed this same contract as it has been in his hands since the week before he left and camp had not opened yet.

You mean 124 JV teams?

Actually, it should be 123 FCS and 1 JV FCS (UND).

In other news, word on the street is that UND has to pay NDSU $250K to buy out a game, whereas NDSU just has to pay UND the contract price.

Nice work by Gene Taylor. HOME/HOME and great buy-out clause!!

According to the NHL draft college hockey is JV to Major Juniors.

Not quite.  It's a long story....too long for this thread :)

How many NFL players (that actually play)...suited up for the bison in the past 10 years?  Obviously, we don't need to go into UND hockey players playing in the NHL or what their total salaries are.  I am just more curious.

• Upvote 1

The first whispers of this came from Jamal Spencer (KX4 sports) in Fargo. (I believe that's accurate. Correct me if needed on that.) 

Mr. Spencer has much stronger ties to NDSU than UND.

If there's a "leak" and Spencer got the scoop wouldn't Occam's Razor dictate that it came from where Jamal has the best contacts? 

Actually, it should be 123 FCS and 1 JV FCS (UND).

In other news, word on the street is that UND has to pay NDSU $250K to buy out a game, whereas NDSU just has to pay UND the contract price.

Nice work by Gene Taylor. HOME/HOME and great buy-out clause!!

So UND will get 140k, a home game now, and NDSU looks like jackasses. Sounds good.

• Upvote 1

Not quite. It's a long story....too long for this thread :)

How many NFL players (that actually play)...suited up for the bison in the past 10 years? Obviously, we don't need to go into UND hockey players playing in the NHL or what their total salaries are. I am just more curious.

The few former bison players that were in the nfl last year.....add up their salaries and they don't even come close to what kuper made.

• Upvote 3

So UND will get 140k, a home game now, and NDSU looks like jackasses. Sounds good.

Say what?!

UND gets 125K in '15 and 140K in '19. If UND buys out a game it pays 250K or both for a mere 500K. If NDSU buys out, it pays the aforementioned money.

Numbers never lie. Follow the money and 1st rounders.

I'm pretty sure UND has had 1st rounders and players that make a ton of money.  CHL has more 1st rounders on average NCAA has more late rounders for reasons to complex for this thread.  College hockey has more depth than the CHL and that isn't disputed.

Either way...still confused why the Bison fans seem so mad about this decision.  They sound like Gopher fans.  This should be a good thing.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure UND has had 1st rounders and players that make a ton of money.  CHL has more 1st rounders on average NCAA has more late rounders for reasons to complex for this thread.  College hockey has more depth than the CHL and that isn't disputed.

I agree 100%. 

Please don't take offense geaux_sioux but I think you are out of your element on this one.