SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

And for all the Bison d bag fan base that think that UND needs NDSU for some reason is delusional. What did they say to themselves when NDSU went 3-8 in 2009 and hadn't had a Natty since '90? The tide is turning NDSU....get ready for UND to make you their b*tch!

UND will have a solid chance next season. Of course, depends how both teams perform this season too.

But when looking at the rosters, UND won't lose much whereas NDSU will...

I've seen predictions here from 3 wins this year to the optimistic 5 or 6 wins.  Are you revising that to 6-8 wins this year?  Not sure how a 3 win team could be looked at as having a solid chance down there next year, but who knows.

#buyitout

Anybody listen to the press conference? Schlossman described it in a tweet as "strange, strange".

Yes.

The presser sounded exactly like the offer.  Arrogant and condescending.  They might as well have been announcing the incarnate word game.

At least they're consistent.  They didn't feed us crap and then act like it was ice cream.

Why, after seeing home and homes signed with other Big Sky teams, would UND agree to two road games? Just don't get why UND has to give in to Taylor's demands, even after he is gone.

Why? Because NDSU is doing UND a favor. Helping them get their program back on its feet and getting the city back interested in college football not just hockey. Be happy NDSU agreed.

I've seen predictions here from 3 wins this year to the optimistic 5 or 6 wins. Are you revising that to 6-8 wins this year? Not sure how a 3 win team could be looked at as having a solid chance down there next year, but who knows.

#buyitout

If this year's team goes 5-7 or 6-6 this season, then 2015 will be a playoff year for UND.

Mark it down...

Now, if UND goes 3-9 or 4-8 this season, they still will improve in 2015 to around .500 or so. Just look at the makeup of the roster...

Why? Because NDSU is doing UND a favor. Helping them get their program back on its feet and getting the city back interested in college football not just hockey. Be happy NDSU agreed.

Absolutely.  That's who the football program is now.  Just be happy and take it.

Alrighty then.

That's bull$%!# and you know it.

UND football is getting better every single week with Bubba at the helm, making winning the Big Sky and making the playoffs possible, which would certainly interest Grand Forks big time.

How can you say it wouldn't when UND hasn't been in the playoffs since 2007 and hasn't had a winning season in the Big Sky? You know better - UND football would be right with UND hockey if they could win the Big Sky.

I have mixed feelings.  The deal is awful obviously and UND does not look good in accepting such an awful deal.  On the other hand, Bubba apparently wanted it and he knows what's good for recruiting purposes. 

The game being played as early as next season is a little scary.  UND was brutally awful last year.  I sure hope Bubba can make enough strides to make the game competitive by next year.  That's asking a lot.  I'd hate to see a blowout.

And who knows what the landscape will be in 2019.  That's a long way out and a lot can happen from now until then.

If this year's team goes 5-7 or 6-6 this season, then 2015 will be a playoff year for UND.

Mark it down...

Now, if UND goes 3-9 or 4-8 this season, they still will improve in 2015 to around .500 or so. Just look at the makeup of the roster...

You've got to be joking right?  Look at the roster?  I've been down that road before. No thanks.

How about we wait and see how they look when they've played some meaningful downs first.

Let's chat about it on Oct 5th.

You've got to be joking right? Look at the roster? I've been down that road before. No thanks.

How about we wait and see how they look when they've played some meaningful downs first.

Let's chat about it on Oct 5th.

Its called class makeup

Edit: if you are a UND alumnus/fan/supporter, your pessimism is part of the problem. UND football needs a passionate support system with optimism and a vision - not people who bash everything that goes on and then stay home on game day.

Get out there and support the team on Saturdays, especially now that UND has a competent leader in Bubba who is leading the program down the right path.

That's bull$%!# and you know it.

UND football is getting better every single week with Bubba at the helm, making winning the Big Sky and making the playoffs possible, which would certainly interest Grand Forks big time.

How can you say it wouldn't when UND hasn't been in the playoffs since 2007 and hasn't had a winning season in the Big Sky? You know better - UND football would be right with UND hockey if they could win the Big Sky.

Any more ifs?

It's called they guys we have seen play have stunk out the joint.

The ones we haven't seen play, haven't played.

You've lost yourself in this argument.

I never once said this team is going to light it up this season,but rather I simply stated the roster makeup will allow for improvement from 2014 to 2015.

Now, if UND does go around .500 this season, then 2015 should be an above average season.

There's a difference between being good in 2014 versus being able to improve from 2014 to 2015

I've seen predictions here from 3 wins this year to the optimistic 5 or 6 wins. Are you revising that to 6-8 wins this year? Not sure how a 3 win team could be looked at as having a solid chance down there next year, but who knows.

#buyitout

What you stated here is where the confusion starts. I never said the team will go over .500 in 2014, although I obviously hope they do, but I did state there will be improvement from this year to next year.

We do not play NDSU this season; it is in 2015 which allows for improvement and further development.

The games are happening whether we like it or not and this is out of our control....even for the good ol boys. 

Here is thought on the optimistic side:

Lets assume the ESPN showcase this saturday gets good enough ratings for ESPN to want to do this again. How cool would it be to move this game up to this weekend next year and play it in front of a national crowd? 

From a marketing standpoint they could build off of the tension and hiatus of the series since 2003. The story is quite compelling.

• Upvote 1

The games are happening whether we like it or not and this is out of our control....even for the good ol boys.

Here is thought on the optimistic side:

Lets assume the ESPN showcase this saturday gets good enough ratings for ESPN to want to do this again. How cool would it be to move this game up to this weekend next year and play it in front of a national crowd?

From a marketing standpoint they could build off of the tension and hiatus of the series since 2003. The story is quite compelling.

Another reason why UND needs NDSU. If that happens it gives UND exposure that otherwise would never get. Pretty simple actually.
  • Upvote 1

Another reason why UND needs NDSU. If that happens it gives UND exposure that otherwise would never get. Pretty simple actually.

FCS playoffs and Big Sky Roots Sports coverage also provides national coverage...

So again, that argument doesn't work.

UND doesn't need the rivalry game, but it does help their exposure - no question.