SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Maybe they actually had great vision.  Had we also followed Northern Colorado at the same time, we would likely be wallowing in the Summit and MVFC right now along side the rest of the Dakota schools. 

No thanks.  The 5 year wait was a small price to pay for Big Sky affiliation, IMO.  If we had to do it all over again, I'd want it done the same way.

yeah is sucks wallowing in the MVFC as the 3 time champs, along side SDSU who is perennially ranked nationally, also sucks that NDSU and SDSU are stuck in a BBall conference ranked higher than the BSC and each school has been to the NCAA tourney 2 times and one team has a win......man I'm depressed

• Upvote 1

yeah is sucks wallowing in the MVFC as the 3 time champs, along side SDSU who is perennially ranked nationally, also sucks that NDSU and SDSU are stuck in a BBall conference ranked higher than the BSC and each school has been to the NCAA tourney 2 times and one team has a win......man I'm depressed

The MVFC is solid, the Slummit is not. And there was no guarantee of a spot in the MVFC for our FB team when we were shopping for a conference, so that made the Slummit a poor option.

Both schools took the best options that were available at the time.  The MVFC is good for NDSU.  The BSC makes sense for UND.  The Summit and the BSC are decent basketball conferences.

In football, the travel is good for NDSU's fans.  The wheels roll easily to the south and southeast.  It's also a good recruiting footprint.

I disagree. NDSU and UND were at similar levels when NDSU jumped up. Look at the separation they've put between us. Had we moved up at the same time there's no telling what would have happened. I can only assume that the rivalry would have been taken to new heights with the legitimacy of FCS compared to D2.

They weren't at similar levels when NDSU followed Noerthern Colorado to DI. UND was actually quite a ways ahead in pretty much all sports. These things go in cycles. NDSU won't be the defending champs forever, and UND won't be rebuilding forever.

Some North Dakota fans worry far too much about NDSU and UMTC. I sometimes get the feeling that some fans would prefer wins against those programs to conference and national titles.......

• Upvote 4

Both schools took the best options that were available at the time.  The MVFC is good for NDSU.  The BSC makes sense for UND.  The Summit and the BSC are decent basketball conferences.

In football, the travel is good for NDSU's fans.  The wheels roll easily to the south and southeast.  It's also a good recruiting footprint.

Footprint?  More like a bootprint in UND's read-end the way verbals are shaping up thus far.   

They weren't at similar levels when NDSU followed Noerthern Colorado to DI. UND was actually quite a ways ahead in pretty much all sports. These things go in cycles. NDSU won't be the defending champs forever, and UND won't be rebuilding forever.

Some North Dakota fans worry far too much about NDSU and UMTC. I sometimes get the feeling that some fans would prefer wins against those programs to conference and national titles.......

I was only talking football. I'd rather beat them for a national title than just beat them.

Preach it Pastor, preach it! One just needs to look at this past season's men's baseball, women's softball, and men's basketball for examples of that. If a UND football season ends at 3-8 with the highlight being a win over NDSU and the Bison go 15-1 en route to a national title with their only loss being to North Dakota, you tell me who had the better season. It should be obvious to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Preach it Pastor, preach it! One just needs to look at this past season's men's baseball, women's softball, and men's basketball for examples of that. If a UND football season ends at 3-8 with the highlight being a win over NDSU and the Bison go 15-1 en route to a national title with their only loss being to North Dakota, you tell me who had the better season. It should be obvious to everyone.

To a normal human being, NDSU.  To Rocky Hager, the answer would have been UND.  I miss him.   :sad:  :huh:

• Upvote 1

Hey NDSU1980

That dope wrote this:  (please don't read this after taking a drink as you may need to wipe your screen off from laughing so hard)

No, I want to see you, Darell, and Haypuke jump off a bridge due to depression over us making another NATTY run and you losers going 0-12. Just accept reality, you'll never be any good up there.

UND will never be any good...didn't they say that in the 80's after winning NC after NC. How did that end up? Oh yeah UND winning a NC in 2001, playing for one in 2003 and NDSU going 18 years without a home playoff game (of course minus the 4 years of transition).  Please let the season begin.

Whoa, Danno! That one is right out of the old playbook, I see:

North Dakota State University Athletics Department Double Secret Internal Policies Manual for Handling Public Relations Disasters: Chapter 3, para. 42, Line 18:

"In the occasion that a certain non-rival -- but certainly despised nonetheless, and therefore, should not be named here -- should, in the vernacular, 'talk smack' about Our beloved players, coaches or fandom's past legal indiscretions, whether real, imagine or they have not had their day in court, one must immediately reference a past, current or ongoing legal transgression from the accusing entity's institution. i.e. Jerome Beasley, Daniel Kristo, or Matthew Frattin are optimal go-to options when in a bind." :lol:

SOooooo did we steal that from you or did you steal that from us???????? :D   Since we both use that book may be can share royalties?

That dope wrote this:  (please don't read this after taking a drink as you may need to wipe your screen off from laughing so hard)

UND will never be any good...didn't they say that in the 80's after winning NC after NC. How did that end up? Oh yeah UND winning a NC in 2001, playing for one in 2003 and NDSU going 18 years without a home playoff game (of course minus the 4 years of transition).  Please let the season begin.

Haypuke?  

Is that all they could come up with on their fifteen minute smoke breaks?  Jeez, next time, we really shouldn't approve their timesheets. 

That and fake credit card production.

Good point.

Did you know that credit card fraud can be considered a class 3 felony in the state of North Dakota?

One needs to obey the law.  Or, you could end up in front of a judge in Jamestown, ND...crying like a little girl...

Good point.

Did you know that credit card fraud can be considered a class 3 felony in the state of North Dakota?

One needs to obey the law. Or, you could end up in front of a judge in Jamestown, ND...crying like a little girl...

I know a judge in Jamestown. Not sure if he is the only one or not.

I know a judge in Jamestown. Not sure if he is the only one or not.

Not sure either.  

I also wonder if getting refused entry to the Fargodome is because of sobbing like a little girl in front of the judge in Jamestown or some other action?  Either way, the judge was probably a UND grad happy to put the hammer down on that third class felon! 

Not sure either.  

I also wonder if getting refused entry to the Fargodome is because of sobbing like a little girl in front of the judge in Jamestown or some other action?  Either way, the judge was probably a UND grad happy to put the hammer down on that third class felon! 

I hate to stray even more off topic but one of the strangest sites I've ever seen at a football game was Earl Pomeroy (when he was still a U.S. representative) getting denied re-entry to the Fargodome.  To his credit, he was really cool about it and never played the "Don't you know who I am" game.

I hate to stray even more off topic but one of the strangest sites I've ever seen at a football game was Earl Pomeroy (when he was still a U.S. representative) getting denied re-entry to the Fargodome.  To his credit, he was really cool about it and never played the "Don't you know who I am" game.

That is impressive about Pomeroy. 

I wonder if, when he was outside of the Fargodome, he ran into someone else denied entry who also happens to be a third class felon known for threatening elected North Dakota officials?  

hmmmmmmmmmmm....  

Not sure either.

I also wonder if getting refused entry to the Fargodome is because of sobbing like a little girl in front of the judge in Jamestown or some other action? Either way, the judge was probably a UND grad happy to put the hammer down on that third class felon!

If it's the judge I'm thinking of.... He did not attend UND...but perhaps they have multiple judges there

If it's the judge I'm thinking of.... He did not attend UND...but perhaps they have multiple judges there

You are probably right.  I guess it really doesn't matter.  The judge did the job needed.  That job is punishing criminals in the state of North Dakota.  Thank God that felon lives in another state.  We don't need riff-raff like that third class felon living in the great state of North Dakota.  I wonder if leaving the state was part of the sentence?  Perhaps I should read the transcript?  Maybe, between the sobbing of the felon, I can get that info from the transcript?