SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

I hope BF, and Bubba take this into consideration....after this season UND won't have 6 home games until possibly 2018 and that is if we get another home game for that year.

2015 (currently 5 with one open spot)

2016 (5 home games, full schedule)

2017 ( 4 home games with one open spot)

2018 (5 home games with one open spot)

2019 ( no games scheduled 12 game season)

I hope BF, and Bubba take this into consideration....after this season UND won't have 6 home games until possibly 2018 and that is if we get another home game for that year.

2015 (currently 5 with one open spot)

2016 (5 home games, full schedule)

2017 ( 4 home games with one open spot)

2018 (5 home games with one open spot)

2019 ( no games scheduled 12 game season)

Or they just bring someone in for a guarantee game for 2015 and we can be done with this. It was clear that the spot was being held for the series to be renewed. At this point, its also clear that barring some unforeseen change, its not going to happen. Fill it and move on.

I think Faison should give Taylor one last chance to resume the rivalry with a first game in Fargo as soon as NDSU wants it, and at least get a date in writing for a return game in Grand Forks . We need to finish our schedules. And in fairness to NDSU they have a lot of games to finish on their schedules and I am sure they will need quite a bit of time to finish their schedules since they are tougher to fill than ours. It is definitely time to move on for UND. NDSU had their chance. At least UND can continue to beat NDSU in the rest of the sports for the time being. Football will have to wait.

• Upvote 1

Kind of funny how quiet this thread has been since Schloss came on and set the story straight.

For some reason you folks seem to think that all the communication via email defines this situation. So you are trying to tell that over the two year gap that there was no communication via phone? They never talked?

For some reason you folks seem to think that all the communication via email defines this situation. So you are trying to tell that over the two year gap that there was no communication via phone? They never talked?

Can the forum or herald open records request the cup phone running from the Hyslop to BSA?

Faison is not the one whining to the media and Taylor has a history of doing so. Why doesn't he to defend the bison honor?

No one is disputing they didn't talk, but in May 2012 GT again told Izzo that the series was close to resuming (which in turn caused the Herald to contact Faison for comment, but that's a whole different argument). So clearly a year after the e-mails that were published from 2011, the home/home was still in play.

I am only going to comment on what I know. What I do know is that most of the bizun fans who were over here in mass were completely wrong and all of a sudden things calmed down once the facts we already knew were confirmed. I will not speculate what could have been said over phone calls.

Have a nice weekend.

I would bet that if both schools swapped AD's for a month this game would still not get scheduled. This points to the fact that both of these guys are representing their respective school's interest and they're both just working for the MAN!

Or they just bring someone in for a guarantee game for 2015 and we can be done with this. It was clear that the spot was being held for the series to be renewed. At this point, its also clear that barring some unforeseen change, its not going to happen. Fill it and move on.

Exactly!!

It took you guys this long to get to that? :lol:

NDSU did that years ago after the hissy fit the Administration up at elforko grande pulled. Nice to see you guys are finally coming around

It took you guys this long to get to that? :lol:

NDSU did that years ago after the hissy fit the Administration up at elforko grande pulled. Nice to see you guys are finally coming around

If NDSU did moo along, Taylor would have told Faison he is filling those years with another team not lie and say there is still talk about a game.

In all of this verbal banter back and forth between fans of both schools a bit of irony may have taken place with the hiring of Coach Schweigert. Striking similarities and connections to Coach Hager!

1. Both are fine family men and basic decent people.

2. Both come from small town humble Class B backgrounds.

3. Both attended college somewhere other than UND or NDSU.

4. Bubba attended Jamestown College.

5. Rocky attended Minot State College.

6. Both have rugged nicknames but fairly innocuous given names Rocky(Ralph) and Bubba(Kyle)

7. Both developed intense passion about the schools they coached at but never attended as varsity athletes.

8. Both are relatively soft spoken believers in their respective schools, but yet both viewed the rivalry

as almost akin to a Holy War.

9. Both of their alma maters went from colleges to universities after they left.

10. Both were defensive coordinators before they became Head Coaches.

11. Rocky was born in 1951 and Bubba was 51 when he was hired.

12. Both coached at their respective schools two different times.

13. Both coached at other schools with dogs for nicknames SIU Salukis and Northeastern Huskies.

14. Both had a deep affection for their home State of North Dakota.

15. Both had to leave the State in order to come back and coach at UND and NDSU.

16. Both came from communities with predominately German origin, Coach Schweigert Zeeland and Coach Hager Harvey.

17. Two different eras two very similar men.

Wow, all that's missing is Hager's brother having saved Bubba's son by pulling him off the train tracks during the Civil War.

Wow, all that's missing is Hager's brother having saved Bubba's son by pulling him off the train tracks during the Civil War.

We debated putting that in, but the review board didn't feel it was chronologically possible! :)

1. Neither Rocky's brother nor Bubba's son were alive during the Civil War.

2. There were no railroad tracks in Dakota Territory during the Civil War.

3. Ya, I know those damn details! :sad:

We debated putting that in, but the review board didn't feel it was chronologically possible! :)

1. Neither Rocky's brother nor Bubba's son were alive during the Civil War.

2. There were no railroad tracks in Dakota Territory during the Civil War.

3. Ya, I know those damn details! :sad:

Good points! Your post and the "grassy knoll" e-mail had me laughing out loud this morning.

GT won't schedule UND; thus, he goes in circles to avoid directly proclaiming it! :lol:

Mighty NDSU recognizes their kryptonite I guess.

Good, I'm glad GT doesn't schedule UND.

As a Teammaker and fan, I want to have 6 home games during the regular season. No way taking a home game away to go to Grand Forks, unless it is a season where there are 12 games allowed, then there can still be 6 home games with a traveling game to GF. Although it would be nice to have 7 home games during a 12 game regular season.

• Upvote 1

Good, I'm glad GT doesn't schedule UND.

As a Teammaker and fan, I want to have 6 home games during the regular season. No way taking a home game away to go to Grand Forks, unless it is a season where there are 12 games allowed, then there can still be 6 home games with a traveling game to GF. Although it would be nice to have 7 home games during a 12 game regular season.

Bisonwoman,

I believe that Ogden, Utah is much further away from Fargo than Grand Forks. At least for those of us that can read a map... :silly:

• Upvote 1

Bisonwoman,

I believe that Ogden, Utah is much further away from Fargo than Grand Forks. At least for those of us that can read a map... :silly:

Haydick,

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm glad GT hasn't scheduled UND. I'm talking when there are future 12 game regular seasons. Follow?

Haydick,

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm glad GT hasn't scheduled UND. I'm talking when there are future 12 game regular seasons. Follow?

Yeah, I'd also hate winning three national championships but then losing the first game I play against my true rival in over 10 years - that would be a bummer!

• Upvote 1