SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Wisconsin

The Sicatoka

unless there is a strike he is gone. It is called leverage and after your JR year you can still say "pay me or I will go back to school" after your senior year you always get less money. That is why Taffe, Hale, and Martin for example all got bigger signing bonuses than Leopold.

I don't think he is gone, but that's my opinion. I think he needs another year to develop a little more. Not saying he doesn't have the skills now, but another year would really make him a lot better.

Pathetic. What a horrible performance in the 2nd, 3rd, and overtime. Sorry folks, this may not be a championship team. Championship teams don't choke away wins like this. If it weren't for Parise and Brandt we would have lost 6-0. By the way, at what point do we start playing Fabian in place of Massen? The way he is playing we could put an orange construction cone on the ice with a #20 painted on it and get the same result.

I agree.. championship teams don't blow away leads like that.

You're getting old here, Dog. Find a hole to crawl into, you're getting yours over the next few weeks

Oh come on now guys. It was all in fun. I'm not trying to gloat. Just give you a little extra incentive to win tomorrow. There's no way we can displace you as the #1 team in the country. I'm sure the Dogs will finish behind the Sioux as our sched. gets tough after this weekend at cupcake state.

Wake up call for the Sioux.

1) Playing for 10 minutes out of 60 does not win games.

2) Sioux are now # 2 in the country....at best after this HUGE let down

3) This game will either launch the Sioux or kill em for the season.

4) Each player has to ask themselves if they want to win anymore this year.

5) Too many players running around scared to hit or get hit

6) Are the Sioux feeling like they are unbeatable....not any more boys.

7) 1-2-1 in the last four games...think about it!

It is reality time boys!!!!

Sorry for the vent...but the Sioux looked like sh*t!!!!!!!!

Wake up or pack it up.

UMDDogz...I thought I smelt ass!!!!

UMDDogz is a good guy who's just happy for his team--friendly smack is all. No need to bark at him when we should be ripping our guys a new one ;)

oh yeah that's right, we can't harp on anyone else on here, my fault

whatever you say, make sure it isn't anything negative about Kupchella or the officiating either

Sioux really got it handed to them after the 1st. They had some chances to score, but just seemed to relax after the 1st.

I think Parise might have had 10 shots on goal, he was all over the place again tonight. He really is amazing.

Disappointed in the loss no doubt, but not ready to jump off the bandwagon just yet.

Not sure what's going on. Where did our 3rd period slam go? I know that all the teams that play us bring their A game, but things just don't seem to be clicking again - especially in the 2nd and 3rd. There was some extended inconsistant play against AA, MN and DU - They gotta start putting together 60 minutes again on a consistant basis. :p

The Sioux are definately the best team in the country when they "play", but anybody can beat anybody else (especially in the WCHA) when there's half effort. I didn't "watch" the game, only listened on the radio, but there sure seem to be times when the team just seems to loose focus.

I don't think the guys will be doing much sitting tonight or tomorrow (it will probably hurt too much after Blais gets done with them tonight), but hopefully they can use this as a wake up call. ;)

Well, that stunk.

We have seen this too much lately. The team plays well, then allows the opponent a bit of hope and all of a sudden it's a battle. It was like the Denver game in that way.

The Sioux really did play well for fifty minutes; they seemed in control and were clearly the better team. Had they scored on a few of their second and third period chances, they could have put it away.

They need to fix this consistent effort problem. The team has now won one of its last four games. They have had poor third periods in each of the three games they didn't win.

Wake up call for the Sioux.

1) Playing for 10 minutes out of 60 does not win games.

2) Sioux are now # 2 in the country....at best after this HUGE let down

3) This game will either launch the Sioux or kill em for the season.

4) Each player has to ask themselves if they want to win anymore this year.

5) Too many players running around scared to hit or get hit

6) Are the Sioux feeling like they are unbeatable....not any more boys.

7) 1-2-1 in the last four games...think about it!

It is reality time boys!!!!

Sorry for the vent...but the Sioux looked like sh*t!!!!!!!!

Wake up or pack it up.

Agreed. Good summary of this team. We should be directing our concern at the TEAM--not officials & fans of other teams.

Watched it on TV in Fargo...Cable One Digital Channel 308 FSN Pacific...wish I would have missed it...a VERY uncharacteristic performance by a #1 ranked team. The team is in a mini-funk.

I'm not worried, tho - these guys are too good to have a long-term let down. The past few weekends have been huge tests for them. To win Saturday night in MN would have required beating MN six straight and a sweep at Mariucci - something they have NEVER done. To win last Saturday would have required beating Denver six straight and three straight overtime games. To sweep this weekend would have required winning six straight...let's be realistic. Tomorrow's another day. Anybody in hockey 19-0-0 ;) I'll take the home ice for the playoffs at the Ralph anytime (and yes, I have my tickets).

Watched it on TV in Fargo...Cable One Digital Channel 308 FSN Pacific...wish I would have missed it...a VERY uncharacteristic performance by a #1 ranked team. The team is in a mini-funk.

I'm not worried, tho - these guys are too good to have a long-term let down. The past few weekends have been huge tests for them. To win Saturday night in MN would have required beating MN six straight and a sweep at Mariucci - something they have NEVER done. To win last Saturday would have required beating Denver six straight and three straight overtime games. To sweep this weekend would have required winning six straight...let's be realistic. Tomorrow's another day. Anybody in hockey 19-0-0 ;) I'll take the home ice for the playoffs at the Ralph anytime (and yes, I have my tickets).

Surely you mean beating Minnesota 4 straight. :p

Funk spunk. What in the hell is everyone talking about. They lost one friggen game to a solid Wisconsin team. The team has been number one for 13 weeks. Our boys will bounce back. Everyone take a deep breath and get a little perspective. It's the middle of Feb and we are still the WCHA leaders.

And Dogz. Congrats. Keep in rolling. What would be better than having the Cup on the line in late Feb.

Everyone take a deep breath and get a little perspective. It's the middle of Feb and we are still the WCHA leaders.

And Dogz. Congrats. Keep in rolling. What would be better than having the Cup on the line in late Feb.

I can't think of anything beter than watching the Sioux and Dogs battle it out for the Cup. Should be a fantastic finish this season!!

Funk spunk. What in the hell is everyone talking about. They lost one friggen game to a solid Wisconsin team. The team has been number one for 13 weeks. Our boys will bounce back. Everyone take a deep breath and get a little perspective. It's the middle of Feb and we are still the WCHA leaders.

I think that's what I said...you'll see a different team tomorrow night. I guarantee it...

Good points, but I am thinking of a season not long ago (lasty year!) when a

#1 rated Sioux team got in a rut and tanked the season. Apples to Oranges one season to the next, but I am firm on my previous post on what this team needs to realize and wake up.