SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker committee adds Gothberg to list of finalists

Dave Berger

Great one for April Fools! The truth is if Gothberg stays on his game he has the opportunity to take home better hardware that the Hoby. I think most people would gladly hand over their Hoby for a National Title, and if Gothberg stays on his game, his name may be in the mix next year anyway.

actually tomorrow is my birthday - my momma crossed her legs & refused to have me on April Fools day but then I always got the old "Aprils fools has done gone past I'm the biggest fool at last" :crazy:

Great one for April Fools! The truth is if Gothberg stays on his game he has the opportunity to take home better hardware that the Hoby. I think most people would gladly hand over their Hoby for a National Title, and if Gothberg stays on his game, his name may be in the mix next year anyway.

You're right, I was looking at the NCAA numbers and he's one of the top goalies in the nation. Kind of crept up there into the top of the heap after having a rough start. He started the season 2-5-2. Then Gothberg won seven games in a row and now he's got a 20-9-3 record. So, basically he's 18-4-1 since. He's 6th in the nation in 1.99 GAA and 14th in save percentage (.926). During the NCAA playoffs he has a 2-0- record with a 1.26 GAA and a .957 GAA. That's pretty good as well. Since December 1, 2013, He's has a 1.71 GAA and a .934 save percentage.

You know what I hate? I hate April Fools Day. Why? Because for one day a year anyone can post any old made-up obnoxious blather on the internet and every sucker who reads it will believe it, hook, line, and sinker.

No. Wait. ... That's every day on the internet. :D

You know what I hate? I hate April Fools Day. Why? Because for one day a year anyone can post any old made-up obnoxious blather on the internet and every sucker who reads it will believe it, hook, line, and sinker.

No. Wait. ... That's every day on the internet. :D

If it's on internet, it has to be true.