SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

Don't take this the wrong way, but that may have been the worst three periods (2nd - 1st OT) I have seen this team play all season. They were getting beat to every puck, they were playing way too conservative and they were making simple mistakes everywhere. We have seen that from our forwards but I felt, during that timespan, even our D looked so bad. I don't know how many times a Ferris forward did the old between the stick, or legs, etc. Our D/forwards weren't even being the slightest bit physical (besides Rodwell). I have watched Ferris play 3-4 times this year and they are not the dominant team we watched last night, they simply were playing against a team that looked terrible. In saying that, Gothberg looked awesome! Yes, he gave up one of the weaker goals he's let in all season but he also had some beauts too. The boys looked bad for three straight periods however came out hard in the 2OT, you have to appreciate that (I wonder how Hak did that? Awesome).

To say the better team lost is absolutely true as it pertains to last night only, we were better than those guys they just outworked us last night. I was not happy to see our boys play so bad but I am finally glad that we win a game even if we aren't playing the best. I never thought we would make it this far this year but I am glad. The boys need to forget about last night and focus on their next opponent.

I've never heard him like that. He called out the fanbase. Told the doubters to stick a you know what up your....... :lol:

A few of the idiots came on here last night and started bitching at the team and Sioux fans who support the team. SS went down for me, but it looks like they disappeared when the Sioux won. They may not be Sioux fans.

Was able to watch 2nd period between golf and Wild game...how far has Thompson come and how good is he gonna be!!

And my daughter kept texting..."Zane again"... For awhile thought the game was being played as a one team shootout.

On a side note, I also think we got a special one in Ladue. There were times when he was being too conservative (last night mind you) and some Ferris guys were taking him wide however this kid is so good. I watched him a ton at Lincoln the past two years and I new he would have a big role this year, however, I never new he would be this good this fast. I think he'll end up being a three year play; I think he'll be an awesome junior.

As Oxbow noted above, Thompson has gotten so much better...may be top 4 next year.

Those who follow college hockey a bit more closely than others knew all along and full well that Ferris State is no slouch and a very very talented and well coached hockey team. They took it to us non-stop and easily could, and even should, have won the game. Those who were trashing Ferris State, and the WCHA, simply need to study more and say less. The WCHA should be commended for the showing that it made in the college hockey world this season.

• Upvote 2

Agreed. And regardless of the outcome, Zane Gothberg may have just found himself tonight. This has been an epic performance. Wish he could have that goal back, as it was pretty soft,but he's been SENSATIONAL for 99.9% of the night.

When's the last time we had a goalie "steal" a game for us. This may be a great time!

GO SIOUX!

You actually "are" a Sioux fan, until the next time they get behind in a game, I'd expect.

You know what they say....don't argue with an idiot because he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

With that, I'm done with you loud mouth.

I just LOVE multiple posters calling you out so often.

Hey..mafia...make SURE you get the last word here, we all know you HAVE to have it!

Anyone with your attitude shouldn't be recruiting young people into the military.

Great for Hennessy. Finest play-by-play in the land. Those television guys were so absolutely brutal that I almost tried to synch up TH and the TV.

The iheart radio feed from my computer is always a few seconds behind the TV broadcast - Hit pause on the dvr until Hennessy is synced up. Best idea I've had in a long time!

Love that Gaarder deposited the game winner. I was calling for him to get it Friday, this is much sweeter! "He plays for the jersey..." I almost got teary eyed, too awesome!

Looks like the Gophers to me, not sure the Huskies have much left after a late game and long OT at the X.

Agreed, however, although we are 1-3 against SCSU I think I would rather play them. We have experience playing them. Even Saturday night's loss against them I thought we were the better team.

A few of the idiots came on here last night and started bitching at the team and Sioux fans who support the team. SS went down for me, but it looks like they disappeared when the Sioux won. They may not be Sioux fans.

Went down for me also, probably a good thing, I would have been Mark Mac, tired of the BS, retaliate, receive the punishment!

TH had kind of the same remarks on Friday night, but I never mentioned them.

I still think these are fans of being able to verbally thrash another fan base because their supposed team won. Not wanting the Sioux to win just for the love of the Sioux!

Seems real Minnesota like!

Agreed, however, although we are 1-3 against SCSU I think I would rather play them. We have experience playing them. Even Saturday night's loss against them I thought we were the better team.

Fortunately, the Sioux will have their legs back in 2 weeks vs. either.

Fortunately, the Sioux will have their legs back in 2 weeks vs. either.

Exactly. If we played like we did last night against a BC it could have been ugly. Last night was the first time I have watched BC play all year....one word, wow!

Does ESPN have semi brackets set in F4 or would/could they move the UND/MN game to the late semi if it shakes out that way?

I think they'll give the night game to the eastern teams regardless. If BC wins today, I think it's a given. ESPN thinks college hockey revolves around BC.

The iheart radio feed from my computer is always a few seconds behind the TV broadcast - Hit pause on the dvr until Hennessy is synced up. Best idea I've had in a long time!

Great idea. How is it that I could not think of that?? Cripes almighty. I am so stupid. Not stupid enough, however, to ever lose faith in the boys, the coaches, and the solid fans who together comprise North Dakota Hockey. What's a dvr??

I think they'll give the night game to the eastern teams regardless. If BC wins today, I think it's a given. ESPN thinks college hockey revolves around BC.

I think you're right, out east it's the BC rule, in the midwest, it's the MN rule.

Video of the game winning goal is up. So, I am at my brother-In-Law's house, by buddy Trin says, Conner Gaarder is scoring the game winning goal. I said, "What?" He says, "mark it down." Wouldn't you know it. In grabbing my inner @GFHockey, the beers slid down tonight...

Hey Goon. Thank you for putting those goals up over the course of the year. It's the only way I see some of these, and it's very much appreciated.