SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Hockey Tourney

hrkac

Eden Prairie 3 Lakeville North 2 after 1 at the soldout X. The UNO commit Spinner has been impressive for EP tonight after really not doing much yesterday. He looks like a pure goal scorer and can really shoot the puck and already has 2 goals on the very good freshman goalie Oettinger. Didn't really expect this one to be the shootout it has been so far but there really haven't been any weak goals and there has been some good back and forth action.

Nick Poehling gets the winner to give Lakeville North a 5-4 win on the powerplay in the 2nd OT. Each team had a slashing penalty in the 2nd OT and I thought they were both kind of weak for an OT. Poehling gets to experience the moment every Minnesota kid dreams of growing up.

Edina leads Eagan 1-0 after 1. Edina's goal came from Malmquist on a real nice effort by him and chance that he was robbed by Lindgren but unfortunately for Eagan their d-man knocked the puck in while trying to clear it. Pretty good back and forth physical game so far with Eagan coming very close to tying it up hitting 2 posts.

Are any of these games televised on midco? I can't believe viewing these games has been so difficult this year.

322 on Midco.

One of the best saves I've seen in high school hockey by the Eagan goaltender.....goodness....

Still 1-0 Every Dick In North America.... :lol:

I agree. East Grand is the better team here. Low scoring game in the works I think. EGF winning 3-1 is the call.

Tonight I'm thinking Edina gets it done. My heart hopes for Lakeville to get it done, but my head says Edina.

No disrespect intended to either of these teams, but if you have the guts to play the Blaines, Moorheads, Roseaus, and Duluth Easts of the world during the season, why are you still playing A hockey when it comes to playoff time? The sectional scores of these two teams (outside of EGF's OT win over Warroad) were pretty ridiculous.