SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Although getting improved talent is important, another key aspect is depth. UND lacks depth at many key positions; Bubba's recruiting plan should not only be to acquire talented players, but also acquire talented players at all positions. Building depth is very important to future success.

Even though we do lack depth this roster has by far the best depth of the last 6 teams. Just look at the LBs and DBs.

Even though we do lack depth this roster has by far the best depth of the last 6 teams. Just look at the LBs and DBs.

Depth is not close to where it needs to be. Many of those linebackers and DBs are underclassmen. When each position has seniors and juniors ready to step in and play, then we are where we need to be. That likely won't be til 2014's recruiting class are seniors, so that still a solid 3 years away (2017). 

Depth is not close to where it needs to be. Many of those linebackers and DBs are underclassmen. When each position has seniors and juniors ready to step in and play, then we are where we need to be. That likely won't be til 2014's recruiting class are seniors, so that still a solid 3 years away (2017).

It's still better than years past. QB and WR are the exception. Most other positions have much improved depth especially on defense.

Any team before last year. Better depth at qb ol dl wr.

Year before last (2012) QB WR DL OL I'll give you but all others aren't in the same ballpark.

Year before that (2011). WR was not as deep. QB had no depth. OL was better. DL better. LB a wash. Everything else isn't as good.

Year before that (2010). OL DL better. Everything else much worse.

I think we will see better player development under the Schweigert staff.  Staying in Grand Forks over the summer will now be highly recommended/required.  The strength staff continues to make improvements where they can until Phase II of the indoor facility is complete.  Having an indoor, 100 yd. facility during the winter will be big for off season conditioning.  And finally, in my opinion the effort level on the field seems to have improved which hopefully is happening in practice as well.  So not all depth needs to be recruited.  Hopefully getting guys in the correct positions for this coaching staff and developing them will help.

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_26516417/high-school-football-trey-andersons-injury-lesson-dealing

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1473910/highlights/91608376

"The injury has slowed Anderson's college recruitment. He said more than half a dozen Division I schools showed interest in him going into this season, but since the blackout period ended on Sept. 1, only two are still in touch: Northern Iowa and North Dakota."

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_26516417/high-school-football-trey-andersons-injury-lesson-dealing

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1473910/highlights/91608376

"The injury has slowed Anderson's college recruitment. He said more than half a dozen Division I schools showed interest in him going into this season, but since the blackout period ended on Sept. 1, only two are still in touch: Northern Iowa and North Dakota."

I want this QB

This is a very good point.  Tim Brewster was the best thing to happen to FU and Craig Bohl.  With Jerry Kill in charge of the Rodents, that gravy train will pretty much stop.

I have said and truly believe that if NDSU didn't give Time Brewster at least 1 if not 2 championship rings it is a travesty.

Hey guys tough loss last week. Let's hope for a good bounce back. I've noticed UND recruits a lot in CANADA.

I have an opinion; in order to win you need talent. the hotbed for talent is South Florida. Example, last year there was a QB, Kaleel Render. Probably the best QB 've seen. No one picked him up because of grades. I would take a chance and have him sit out a season and tutor him to the max. There are so many players that don't get picked up in South Florida, they end up going to JUCO. S. Sla is a hotbed for football and a definite swagger. Miami has a bad rap because kids feel they are so good that they should play immediately.

Coaches don't like that. Give me heart and passion and a player who wants to play than a player who's there just to say he got offered.

Those twins you guys talk about seem good. Haven't heard much about them. They might be sleepers. Their school plays in a week district where linemen weigh 240-250 tops. But with that said, they have some impressive numbers.

Look at every big time school and see how many Florida boys are on the roster.

GO SIOUXXXX

I have said and truly believe that if NDSU didn't give Time Brewster at least 1 if not 2 championship rings it is a travesty.

Speaking of which, this topic hits me home. Tim Brewster was MN head coach. Got fired and became FSU te/ recruiting coordinator. What did FSU do?

Bill Miller, MN LB coach. Now as of last year, FSU LB coach. Coach Kill sat and told me in my son's high school football coaches office, "I will treat him like my son, and he will never lose his scholarship." He forget to say my redheaded freckle face stepson and he won't lose his scholarship unless I don't want him anymore. Never gave me a reason as to why Jordan lost it. But, if it wasn't for the 3 POWER PUFF UNIVERSITIES he plays at the beginning of the year, he would not go to a bowl.  

mediocrity at its best.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest again.

Hey guys tough loss last week. Let's hope for a good bounce back. I've noticed UND recruits a lot in CANADA.

I have an opinion; in order to win you need talent. the hotbed for talent is South Florida. Example, last year there was a QB, Kaleel Render. Probably the best QB 've seen. No one picked him up because of grades. I would take a chance and have him sit out a season and tutor him to the max. There are so many players that don't get picked up in South Florida, they end up going to JUCO. S. Sla is a hotbed for football and a definite swagger. Miami has a bad rap because kids feel they are so good that they should play immediately.

Coaches don't like that. Give me heart and passion and a player who wants to play than a player who's there just to say he got offered.

Those twins you guys talk about seem good. Haven't heard much about them. They might be sleepers. Their school plays in a week district where linemen weigh 240-250 tops. But with that said, they have some impressive numbers.

Look at every big time school and see how many Florida boys are on the roster.

GO SIOUXXXX

This will be the first year we've hit Canada hard in a while and it's something that has been missing from this team. Plenty of untapped talent up there and they're more willing to winter in ND than most Floridians.

Regarding the twins, I was wondering what their competition level was.  Everybody looked small in the video, thanks.