SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. British Columbia & Simon Fraser

AZSIOUX

2 games in Burnaby, British Columbia this weekend.

Both games 9pm central start

Stay healthy

I'm sure we will know on UND injury updates Wednesday. Hope the time off was good for some of the guys who needed it!

Anyone from that area going to these games? What type of arena are they playing in? Small barn or one of these schools rinks?

I think Princeton is playing both schools as well. Would be nice if Princeton was one if the games so it counts. Are these two games part of that 2 extra game exemption rule every so many years or can you play as many exh games as you like in a season?

(Old from dec 8) Great Northwest Showcase article

http://www.sfuhockey.com/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3557&leagueID=9980&page=75890

The British Columbia Thunderbirds are 5-11 and lost to both Alaska schools

http://www.gothunderbirds.ca/index.aspx?path=mhockey

The Simon Fraser Clan are 10-2 as of now and in first place in their league

http://www.sfuhockey.com/leagues/front_pageSFU.cfm?leagueID=9980&clientID=3557&link=SFU

2 games in Burnaby, British Columbia this weekend.

Both games 9pm central start

Stay healthy

I'm sure we will know on UND injury updates Wednesday. Hope the time off was good for some of the guys who needed it!

Anyone from that area going to these games? What type of arena are they playing in? Small barn or one of these schools rinks?

I think Princeton is playing both schools as well. Would be nice if Princeton was one if the games so it counts. Are these two games part of that 2 extra game exemption rule every so many years or can you play as many exh games as you like in a season?

(Old from dec 8) Great Northwest Showcase article

http://www.sfuhockey...9980&page=75890

The British Columbia Thunderbirds are 5-11 and lost to both Alaska schools

http://www.gothunder...px?path=mhockey

The Simon Fraser Clan are 10-2 as of now and in first place in their league

http://www.sfuhockey...D=3557&link=SFU

I am going with a buddy that is a UND grad and lives in Seattle. We are only going to the Sioux games so we won't see Princeton play. The rink looks pretty small - capacity about 2,000. I hope they play better than the last time I saw them play in person - the St. Lawrence series!

Maybe Princeton could just fly to Grand Forks and the two teams play a pair at the Ralph. ;)

That would be great! I can see the importance of why they are playing up there. I think macmillins and stecher are from that area. Can't remember if there are others?? Can't hurt recruiting wise, just stay healthy! Maybe we will see the third goalie

That would be great! I can see the importance of why they are playing up there. I think macmillins and stecher are from that area. Can't remember if there are others?? Can't hurt recruiting wise, just stay healthy! Maybe we will see the third goalie

I think of this as an opportunity to grow college hockey along with recruiting. I'd like to see something where some college teams from different conferences go to Canada and play a couple of games. Like 4 NCHC teams and 4 WCHA teams.

I think of this as an opportunity to grow college hockey along with recruiting. I'd like to see something where some college teams from different conferences go to Canada and play a couple of games. Like 4 NCHC team and 4 WCHA teams.

they should make the games count then, instead of scheduling two games that won't amount to a hill of beans come march. AZ is right, the first game against manitoba or whoever is more than enough. this whole team bonding thing is ridiculous, if this team hasn't formed some kind of bond by now it has more troubles than we think. they had a chance to bond against miami, omaha, bu and western mich on the road.

they should make the games count then, instead of scheduling two games that won't amount to a hill of beans come march. AZ is right, the first game against manitoba or whoever is more than enough. this whole team bonding thing is ridiculous, if this team hasn't formed some kind of bond by now it has more troubles than we think. they had a chance to bond against miami, omaha, bu and western mich on the road.

If college teams go up to Canada to play each other, I don't think it would garner near as much interest from the surrounding area as playing a local team would. So if the purpose is to expand recruiting and get the name and reputation of college hockey out there, it has to be exhibition against a Canadian team local to the area.

I'd personally like to see UND play a team from the CHL. Like maybe play Windsor or the Wheat Kings. It would be a pretty competitive hockey game, and gritty as all heck. :lol:

Heck, hold a little showcase at the Joe in Detroit. Windsor is right there, London near by.... I'm sure you could throw a Michigan school in there and have two days and four games between two NCAA schools and two CHL teams.

I'd personally like to see UND play a team from the CHL. Like maybe play Windsor or the Wheat Kings. It would be a pretty competitive hockey game, and gritty as all heck. :lol:

Heck, hold a little showcase at the Joe in Detroit. Windsor is right there, London near by.... I'm sure you could throw a Michigan school in there and have two days and four games between two NCAA schools and two CHL teams.

Agreed, but I don't think you'll find a CHL team willing to risk it. If they lost to an NCAA team (or two!), they would lose some credibility in touting how much stronger they are at developing players. And considering college players are generally older and more physically mature, there's a decent chance they would lose.

I like the sound of that.

Agreed, but I don't think you'll find a CHL team willing to risk it. If they lost to an NCAA team (or two!), they would lose some credibility in touting how much stronger they are at developing players. And considering college players are generally older and more physically mature, there's a decent chance they would lose.

I like the sound of that.

Not to mention the bedwetting boosters of "amateurism" at the NC$$ might have a problem with a college team playing "pros".

Not to mention the bedwetting boosters of "amateurism" at the NC$$ might have a problem with a college team playing "pros".

So it's ok for Mankato to play a team with some chl players(us world junior team) but it's not ok for a NCAA team to play a real chl team? I'd like to hear how the NCAA would defend that decision.

I'd love to see und compete with a chl team or two.