SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

I completely agree. Bartles improved a lot while Molberg seemed stay the same or regress.

I don't think the play calling helped Mollberg's development or let him showcase his strengths, needed to let him roll out more and use his legs. Hopefully Rudolph adapts his game plan better than what we saw last year, regardless of who the QB is.

I've seen some of the updated coaching lists, as well as the coaches page on the UND website, and none happen to mention Kevin Maurice as a coach. Any reason for this?

His twitter page is all about congrats on the North Dakota job with the logo. Not sure why it hasn't been announced.

Reading some if the tweets from Purdue players, he had a lot respect from those players. That is awesome to see.

Fruend did nothing to help the qbs last year

Imo they regressed.

That is not a true statement. Bartels improved considerably. Both Molberg and Bartels did as well as you could expect when given 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. O-line needs to step up.

• Upvote 1

Considering the new (and impressive I might add) makeup of UND's coaching staff, an interesting OOC game I'd like to see get scheduled would be a home and home with Southern Illinois. Wonder if the future schedules have some open dates to work with?

4 guaranteed home games and 4 guaranteed away games from conference scheduling. Current breakdown:

2014: 6H and 6A

2015: 5H and 5A (one more to schedule)

2016: 5H and 6A

2017: 4H and 6A (one more to schedule)

2018: 5H and 5A (one more to schedule)

2017 will obviously be a home game and then it is just a matter of filling the rest in with home/home (such as Missouri State in 2014/2018, Stony Brook in 2014/2016 and USD 2016/2017) or one time games (such as Robert Morris in 2014, Drake in 2015). 2014 is the last 12 game year until 2019.

Link to OOC schedule

4 guaranteed home games and 4 guaranteed away games from conference scheduling. Current breakdown:

2014: 6H and 6A

2015: 5H and 5A (one more to schedule)

2016: 5H and 6A

2017: 4H and 6A (one more to schedule)

2018: 5H and 5A (one more to schedule)

2017 will obviously be a home game and then it is just a matter of filling the rest in with home/home (such as Missouri State in 2014/2018, Stony Brook in 2014/2016 and USD 2016/2017) or one time games (such as Robert Morris in 2014, Drake in 2015). 2014 is the last 12 game year until 2019.

Link to OOC schedule

2015 at SIU and 2017 at home it is :)

Maybe I'm off base, but I've always assumed that the fact that UND and SIU only played the one time--Lennon's first year there--meant that he didn't want to play the game again. And if he didn't necessarily relish the idea of playing a Muss-led UND team, I really don't think he's going to want to play now that Bubba is the coach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209407068

PHOENIX - New assistant coach Jordan Gigli will be one of 58 coaches/coaching prospects attending the fourth annual NFL-NCAA Coaches Academy that kicked off Friday in Phoenix. The three-day program (February 14-16) was developed in 2011 by NFL Player Engagement and the NCAA to provide the participants with tools and networking opportunities for potential careers as football coaches.

Gigli is one of seven new assistant coaches on the North Dakota football staff that first-year head coach Bubba Schweigert put together after he was hired in late December. Gigli will coach the defensive line at UND after spending three seasons in a similar role at Sacramento State.

Many of the participants, who were invited after going through an applicationg process, currently have high school or college coaching positions. The NCAA also invited football coaches who have less than eight years of college coaching experience to take part.

"I am truly humbled to be selected to take part in this academy and excited to represent UND down here in Arizona," Gigli said. "I look forward to picking the brains of some of the best coaches in the business on everything from X's and O's to budgeting and player relationships. I want to take advantage of every resource imaginable to become a better football coach."

Sounds like a good opportunity to get some extra "coaching", and explore it on the field.