SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors

AZSIOUX

I generally root for North America, but the canadian fans' attitudes about us turns me into a Sweden fan...that and a quarter of my ancestors came from there.

Yeah, I've got to be a Sweden fan too. Can never cheer for Russa, can't cheer for Canada. Maybe Finland will pull some magic. I guess I'd rather see Russia before Canada....yikes.....sad but true.

Terrible effort by the US in the 3rd. Russia clogged the middle and couldn't get good looks in close. Special teams were the difference and the reffing was iffy at best. I blame Lucia. :D

Bring in a Gopher head coach....no hardware....epic collapse.

Terrible effort by the US in the 3rd. Russia clogged the middle and couldn't get good looks in close. Special teams were the difference and the reffing was iffy at best. I blame Lucia. :D

I'm not going to throw Lucia under the bus, but why on earth didn't they switch up the powerplay when Russia was going pressure box the entire time? Zero good opportunities on the powerplay at the end when it was the most pivotal.

I DVR'd the game and went back and looked at those checking from behind plays again and I'm not sure what the official was looking at. Russia got away with three of them.....stupid.

I'm not going to throw Lucia under the bus, but why on earth didn't they switch up the powerplay when Russia was going pressure box the entire time? Zero good opportunities on the powerplay at the end when it was the most pivotal.

I DVR'd the game and went back and looked at those checking from behind plays again and I'm not sure what the official was looking at. Russia got away with three of them.....stupid.

Canada got away with one against the US, that game seemed like every penalty was going to be called against the US as the game went on.

Very disappointed that they didn't learn that discipline matters vs. Canada. I hate the Russians. Please let them lose their next two. Have we ever beaten them at the WJC?

I think we have, but I don't remember what year it was. That said, I am sick of losing to Team Putin on an international stage. They are the least classy team at this tournament year after year. And shame on Canadians for cheering for them; birds of a feather flock together, right? ???:glare::angry:

A friend just texted me - he's listening to Ray Ferraro on the radio and Ferraro said that a couple of the USA players were surprised to find out after the loss that they were out of the tournament. I hope that's not true... ???

Wow if true this shows how well luciA really led this team. If true now this is on don.