SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks to Muss and the other coaches

UND Fan

SDSU has more to sell than UND?

He better not hurt UND on the recruiting trail; that would be an embarrassment. UND should/will out recruit SDSU, especially with the superior facilities.

Aren't the Jacks adding a rather nice addition to their football field and will have a similar indoor practice field/track complex to UND's?

SDSU has more to sell than UND?

He better not hurt UND on the recruiting trail; that would be an embarrassment. UND should/will out recruit SDSU, especially with the superior facilities.

They are in progress with new IPF.. very similar to UND's and they are close to approval on starting a new outdoor stadium. I think they will be playing in the new stadium by 2016. IMO they will have the best overall (IPF/Stadium) football facilities in the Dakota's by 2016.

On the other hand what they have done to Frost is criminal.. just wow. Used to be a great facility and they have gone backwards IMO.

Here's a couple links with some renderings:

http://www.gojacks.c...&PALBID=1037648

http://www.gojacks.c...DB_OEM_ID=15000

http://sdsudevelopingchampions.com/?DB_OEM_ID=15000

I don't think our facilities are any better than what they are currently putting together...

Perhaps, but that remains to be seen I guess. At best, SDSU will be right on par with UND. Both will have an IPF but the Alerus is still a nice facility and possible advantage - it's indoors and has the CanadInn attachment. There's no question SDSU is making nice upgrades though.

Jacks got a good coach and a hell of a recruiter. IMHO - He will hurt UND on the recruiting trail.

Why hell of a recruiter? List the BSC all conference players from UND that he recruited? If I remember right UND didn't get any players on all 3 teams but for Hardin. (he was very good).

Why hell of a recruiter? List the BSC all conference players from UND that he recruited? If I remember right UND didn't get any players on all 3 teams but for Hardin. (he was very good).

Golladay, Bartels, Norberg, Sharp, Reyes, Kuksa, Cheatom. They are all young and supposed to be major contributors (Golladay already was and was given a full ride by Northern Illinois to transfer there - what does that tell you?) All these guys are too young to be all-conference, you mook. They just started recruiting in Chicago two years ago.

I might be wrong but wasn't Schleusner's main recruiting area Illinois. He did bring in some good recruits. Golloday and Kuksa being 2 of them. I think a lot of the other potentially good recruits are freshmen or redshirts. What does anyone else know about his recruiting?

I might be wrong but wasn't Schleusner's main recruiting area Illinois. He did bring in some good recruits. Golloday and Kuksa being 2 of them. I think a lot of the other potentially good recruits are freshmen or redshirts. What does anyone else know about his recruiting?

It was pretty good. At this point in his career he's a very good recruiter and still needs more seasoning as a coach.

From Vandrovec's blog this morning: http://terryvandrove...tuesday-tidbits

SDSU on Monday filled the vacancy on its football staff created when Shannon Moore left for Florida International by hiring former North Dakota player and assistant Luke Schleusner to lead the tight ends. Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier said that he didn’t previously know Schleusner – the UND offensive coordinator and receivers coach last season – despite facing him as a player and a coach. But he came highly recommended by Southern Illinois coach Dale Lennon, formerly of North Dakota and a longtime friend of Stiegelmeier’s.

I can't help but wonder whether Bubba simply didn't offer Schleusner a job as a position coach, or whether Schleusner was too proud to take a demotion at UND, even though he probably knew full well he wasn't going to get another OC job at this juncture of his career.

From Vandrovec's blog this morning: http://terryvandrove...tuesday-tidbits

I can't help but wonder whether Bubba simply didn't offer Schleusner a job as a position coach, or whether Schleusner was too proud to take a demotion at UND, even though he probably knew full well he wasn't going to get another OC job at this juncture of his career.

This made me think of the situation Gus Bradley was in.

Went from DC/LB's under Babich and finalist for head coaching position at NDSU before being "demoted" to just LB's under Bohl.

Obviously now the HC of the Jacksonville Jaguars. I would say it worked out OK for him.

This made me think of the situation Gus Bradley was in.

Went from DC/LB's under Babich and finalist for head coaching position at NDSU before being "demoted" to just LB's under Bohl.

Obviously now the HC of the Jacksonville Jaguars. I would say it worked out OK for him.

So Schleusner is gonna end up in the NFL?

That's a good one...

• 3 weeks later...

Per Izzo, Muss is heading to SCSU. Co-O coordinator and qb coach.

I'm happy for him (and for UND, since it reduces the buyout), but the destination seems a bit surprising. I don't really understand why he didn't go to SIU, unless he just didn't want to move that far away.

• Upvote 1