SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. U. Manitoba - Sunday Oct. 6th

AZSIOUX

I was trying to remember some memorable moments against Manitoba. Was it against Manitoba where Evan Trupp made that great backcheck play where he dove and flipped the guys stick off the puck on a breakaway?

Yup. That was his freshman season and the first time most of us had watched him play.

I was trying to remember some memorable moments against Manitoba. Was it against Manitoba where Evan Trupp made that great backcheck play where he dove and flipped the guys stick off the puck on a breakaway?

Yup I remember that play to, i think that was the first game of the year too and that play made me remember him ever since.

Yup I remember that play to, i think that was the first game of the year too and that play made me remember him ever since.

I knew I would love a guy who would dive on a backcheck in an exhibition game. As it turned out, it wasn't the only diving play he would be remembered for.

The goofs got roughed up last night. Looks like Kessel has been mentoring the goofs in the offseason.

Underneath the goals, however, were a number of scraps and slashes. Whenever both teams had the chance to get physical they did. Five players - three on Lethbridge and both Marshall and redshirt freshman Connor Reilly - received game misconducts in Saturday's game.

Co-captain Kyle Rau (Florida Panthers), who is known for his chippy play, was in the center of it all. The 5'8", 173 lbs junior took on 6'0" 200 lbs Cason Machacek with 7:27 left in the second. He received a two minute roughing minor while Machacek removed Rau's helmet and was given a misconduct for facemasking. The Longhorns targeted Rau the second he came out of the box, but Marshall came over to his defense.

"I appreciate Marshall sticking up for me," said Rau, who didn't see the play in question. Marshall was ejected for spearing Hayden Rintoul.

From there it was like the Wild West. Rintoul was given a misconduct for facemasking as did Reilly in a separate scrum 2 minutes later. The Gophers spent 80% of the game in the Lethbridge zone, but the team also was also ending up in scrums the same amount.

Why is this game on Sunday & so late ?

I think because Manitoba had to league games on Friday and Saturday? I know from checking their schedule they played two games this weekend already. Also, the women played last night. I don't know, just throwing it out there.

Manitoba played Alberta both Friday night and Saturday night, losing 5-0 and 4-0. Presumably they drove to Grand Forks this morning. This is their third game in three days, and the evening start gives them a little more time to rest up. Very understandable.

Because I was bored and interested....here is a list of what day of the week Exhibition was on and at what time puck drop was.

2013- Sun @ 7pm

2012- Sat. @ 7pm

2011- Sat. @ 7pm

2010- Sun. @ 6pm

2009- Sun @ 6pm

2008- Sun @ 6pm

2007- Sun @ 6pm

2006- Sun @ 5pm

2005- Sun @ 4pm

2004- Sat. @ 7pm

2003- The HOF Game was Sat. Oct. 4th @ 7pm with Exhibition on Sat. Oct. 11th @ 7pm

2002- The Hockey Showcase was Oct. 11th and 12th, Exh was Tues. Oct. 22nd @ 7pm

2001- Fri. Sept, 28th, I wasn't able to find a time.

2000- The Icebreaker Invitational was Oct. 6th.. Exh wasn't held until January.