SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana Predictions

UND Fan

Two things that were big in the SDSU game, that we need to correct for this game.<br />

<br />

1. We had 10 penalties for 107 yards which 5 of them gave them first downs<br />

<br />

Team Totals SDSU UND <br />

FIRST DOWNS 21 19 <br />

Rushing 9 2 <br />

Passing 7 17 <br />

Penalty 5 0 <br />

<br />

2. Three turnovers to none. Which one gave them the ball on the Sioux 6 yard line resulting in a 6 yard drive for a score. This was one of the two scores we surrendered in the second half.<br />

<br />

To have those kind of numbers, out scoring them 21-14 in the second half, and only losing by 7 is a huge upside going into the Griz game. <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not sure who I think is better of the two (Montana & SDSU) but I do think we match up a lot better against Montana. Our wide recievers are too good for most defesnive backfields in the country. I don't think Montana enough quality depth in the defensive backfield to stop all of our passing threats. I don't think UND will give a guy 295 yards again, but I do think Montana will have a lot of success running the ball. The difference in this game will be discipline IMO. If UND doesn't have 3 or 4 personal fouls to go along with the other penalties and 3 int's again, I think UND will win. Hopefully UND 35... Montana 24......

CHeck out this and you will see how close these two teams really are http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary. This stout defense has had 0 sacks and 4 tackles for loss (total of 12 yards). That is against a dismal App State team. We have had 3 sacks in two games and 8 tackles for loss (total of 40 yards) and we suck.

I don't see the pressure or the problem.

CHeck out this and you will see how close these two teams really are http://stats.ncaa.or...ranking_summary. This stout defense has had 0 sacks and 4 tackles for loss (total of 12 yards). That is against a dismal App State team. We have had 3 sacks in two games and 8 tackles for loss (total of 40 yards) and we suck.

I don't see the pressure or the problem.

Montana had 2 sacks and 6 TFL against App. State, nice work NCAA.

http://grfx.cstv.com...20130827aaa.pdf

Montana had 2 sacks and 6 TFL against App. State, nice work NCAA.

http://grfx.cstv.com...20130827aaa.pdf

you should probably look at your game notes and ESPN also. No sacks. Sorry. Your game recap wasn't even correct on your website for time of possession says Montana 5:15 and North Dakota 4:19. Your total top is off by the same amount. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mont/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/release/release_20130827aaa.pdf. You will find the correct info in your game notes an NCAA site.

Doesn't really matter, I was just giving you guys !@#$. Who cares if it is a tackle for a loss or a sack, the results are the same.

you should probably look at your game notes and ESPN also. No sacks. Sorry. Your game recap wasn't even correct on your website for time of possession says Montana 5:15 and North Dakota 4:19. Your total top is off by the same amount. http://grfx.cstv.com...30827aaa.pdf. You will find the correct info in your game notes an NCAA site.

Doesn't really matter, I was just giving you guys !@#$. Who cares if it is a tackle for a loss or a sack, the results are the same.

That's strange the Gamebook is right off the Griz website, I wonder why they changed it, maybe considered them QB runs later or something, doesn't matter I guess.

That's strange the Gamebook is right off the Griz website, I wonder why they changed it, maybe considered them QB runs later or something, doesn't matter I guess.

Who knows, but you are right it doesn't matter. Are going to the game? I live in Fargo, but went to UND. My wife is a Griz, and I grew up a Bobcat in Montana. Fun week for us. Last year was a blast. Doesn't really matter to me who wins. Like both of them, but I will pull for the Sioux. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Sioux 35 Griz 30 .... >200 yds rushing for Griz and >300 yds passing for the Sioux...Close game, but Sioux gets the second game with much improved defensive play on the run game...

- Rushing game vastly improved for UND...>150 yds rushing, with the big boys and Miller getting serious chunks..

- Passing game on fire with Sioux and Hardin racks up 158 yds and 2 TDs; Jackson has huge game due to double coverage of Hardin >175 yds and TD

- Mussman gives strong high five again at Tailgating when he does his walk to the Alerus with the team!!! Get Fired Up Muss!!!

Who knows, but you are right it doesn't matter. Are going to the game? I live in Fargo, but went to UND. My wife is a Griz, and I grew up a Bobcat in Montana. Fun week for us. Last year was a blast. Doesn't really matter to me who wins. Like both of them, but I will pull for the Sioux. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Not going to make it, all the people I normally go with are busy so it looks like it's home on the big screen this time.

BTW, a Griz marrying a Bobcat...sounds wrong somehow. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

UND needs to go from a 4 WR spread set to start the game IMO. The Griz don't have cover guys for the 4 WRs UND could put out there. Spread them out, chuck it around, use Joe's athleticism and then hit them on occasion with a run...with a bigger back that Miller that could get you 3-4 yards a pop.

• Upvote 1

UND needs to go from a 4 WR spread set to start the game IMO. The Griz don't have cover guys for the 4 WRs UND could put out there. Spread them out, chuck it around, use Joe's athleticism and then hit them on occasion with a run...with a bigger back that Miller that could get you 3-4 yards a pop.

Their coach joked they were going to play off Hardin 4 or 5 yards so they don't get beat deep, that if that holds true that opens up little dump passes for 5 or 6 yards a pop. Also Mollberg can pump fake like he's going deep to one receiver while throwing short to another. We know running is not going to beat the Griz, so mixing up passes short and deep will confuse them or force them to double teaming one (Hardin) while leaving the other guys (Golladay, Jackson, etc) in one-one coverage. That's my playbook. :)

Sioux will not be able to run a power game off the I formation, but may be able to utilize play action and delayed handoffs to good effect. Miller needs to break off just two or three long runs and many of you will see why Mussman maintains a prominent role for him.