SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

As for the Vikings RB situation, is the former Georgia Southern RB, Jerrick McKinnon not in the long term plans?  He's a bit undersized but seemed to do pretty well last year.

McKinnon is definitely part of their plans.  But his back injury this year and his small size have convinced them that he wouldn't hold up to the pounding as a full time feature running back.  They consider him more of a 3rd down and change of pace back, probably getting 8-12 carries per game rather than 20.

McKinnon is definitely part of their plans. But his back injury this year and his small size have convinced them that he wouldn't hold up to the pounding as a full time feature running back. They consider him more of a 3rd down and change of pace back, probably getting 8-12 carries per game rather than 20.

Makes sense....

This has nothing to do with UND Football. Crockett played at NDSU and he never played against UND. Not sure why you are so surprised that no one here has interest in your link?

well guess what my thread & link worked & I doubt it broke any rules that bothered some of u.....get over it

well guess what my thread & link worked & I doubt it broke any rules that bothered some of u.....get over it

Didn't bother me in the least, other than you trying to correlate the lack of interest in your link to a lack of interest in UND football.

• Upvote 1

Vikes may look at Crockett but it would have to be a late round (6 or 7) or undrafted. I have heard the Vikings are seriously looking at a RB as high as Rd 2, which would include Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska), Duke Johnson (Miami), and, even later, David Johnson (Northern Iowa). Of course, the Boise State and U of Minnesota running backs are both at play also.

I think Northern Iowa's David Johnson is easily a better prospect that NDSU's Crockett (better strength and speed). Then again, whether or not Spielman picks a RB may just come down to the how the draft pans out and who's the best player available. Vikings honestly believe Adrian Peterson will be back.

I like Duke Johnson from Miami and David Cobb from Minnesota in the 3rd/4th range I've seen Cobb tweet for the Vikings to just let it happen so I guess he wants to stay in MN. I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking an RB no matter what in the draft but depending on what happens with AP will play a big role into when they take an RB. If AP isn't gonna play in MN they will probably take one in the top 3 rounds while even if he does end up coming back and playing in MN I could see them taking a RB in the 6th/7th range if they want to replace Asiata who I believe is in the last year of his deal.

I'm interested to see what the Vikes will do in round 1. They still could use upgrades at a number of spots. I really wouldn't mind if they trade down this year and pick up a few more picks but if they stay at #11 some players I like who could/should be available are CB-Trae Waynes, S-Landon Collins, and WR-Devante Parker.

I like Duke Johnson from Miami and David Cobb from Minnesota in the 3rd/4th range I've seen Cobb tweet for the Vikings to just let it happen so I guess he wants to stay in MN. I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking an RB no matter what in the draft but depending on what happens with AP will play a big role into when they take an RB. If AP isn't gonna play in MN they will probably take one in the top 3 rounds while even if he does end up coming back and playing in MN I could see them taking a RB in the 6th/7th range if they want to replace Asiata who I believe is in the last year of his deal.

I'm interested to see what the Vikes will do in round 1. They still could use upgrades at a number of spots. I really wouldn't mind if they trade down this year and pick up a few more picks but if they stay at #11 some players I like who could/should be available are CB-Trae Waynes, S-Landon Collins, and WR-Devante Parker.

As for your 1st round favorites, I like CB, OL, or even DE. Considering what Spielman likes to do in the draft, I certainly could see the Vikes trading down so they could get two second round picks or two third round picks in this years draft.

A favorite of HC Zimmer is UCONN CB Byron Jones, a projected late 1st Rd corner. He would be a nice 1st rd target if the Vikes wanted to trade down, but I certainly would be fine with selecting Iowa OL Brandon Scherff, MSU CB Trae Waynes, Alabama WR Amari Cooper, Clemson DE Vic Beasley, or Nebraska DE Randy Gregory in the 1st round at No.11, as they all have top 10 talent and would be great picks based on star potential.

Something to watch for: Vikes might not take a 1st rd receiver because they are looking at Missouri/Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham. The guy has top 10 talent but will be available in rd 2, maybe even rd 3. Trading back would afford the Vikes an opportunity to draft him with an acquired extra pick.

As for your 1st round favorites, I like CB, OL, or even DE. Considering what Spielman likes to do in the draft, I certainly could see the Vikes trading down so they could get two second round picks or two third round picks in this years draft.

A favorite of HC Zimmer is UCONN CB Byron Jones, a projected late 1st Rd corner. He would be a nice 1st rd target if the Vikes wanted to trade down, but I certainly would be fine with selecting Iowa OL Brandon Scherff, MSU CB Trae Waynes, Alabama WR Amari Cooper, Clemson DE Vic Beasley, or Nebraska DE Randy Gregory in the 1st round at No.11, as they all have top 10 talent and would be great picks based on star potential.

Something to watch for: Vikes might not take a 1st rd receiver because they are looking at Missouri/Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham. The guy has top 10 talent but will be available in rd 2, maybe even rd 3. Trading back would afford the Vikes an opportunity to draft him with an acquired extra pick.

Green-Beckham does have a history of domestic violence, the reason he was kicked off Missouri. Do the Vikings want to take the risk with him?

If not for the off the field issues, I believe most involved drugs, with Green Beckham he would definitely be the top WR and I wouldn't mind at all if the Vikes took him in the 2nd round. I think they have bigger needs than DE and I'm not real high on Beasley or Gregory but if Mizzou DE Shane Ray dropped to #11 I wouldn't mind him. I can't see Cooper getting to #11 but would love it if he did. Not a huge fan of Scherff especially after watching him closely against the Gophers and that was a game he really struggled in. I really like the LSU OL La'el Collins to fill the LG spot and I think you could probably trade down and still get him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well 1st pre-season game 

Do we improve or really Excell ?

I want to win  Super Bowl before I Die

I like the idea our defense is improved maybe much improved

Zimmer is going to be great hopefully sooner than later

I wish you a long, long life.  You're gonna need it.

Well, Red Sox fans had to wait 86 years between World Championships, so I guess I can wait a little longer for the Vikings to do it. And they finally have competent coaching and a competent front office making good decisions. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

• Upvote 2

Let's go Vikes, D looks good, Teddy looked good. There is a buzz in the air!!

Yes, Teddy looks confident and sure of himself. Last year, he didn't have a reliable running game and the O-Line was okay sometimes and other times terrible. If those two things improve this year, look for Bridgewater to have a breakout sophomore campaign.

• Upvote 2

Loadholt out for the season, Clemmings I believe came in and looked good. Never been a big fan of Loadholt...

Me either, a few years ago I called him Phil Load of Crap when he was getting beat over and over again. That said, I never like to see someone get injured like that. Get well soon Phil.

Edited by fightingsioux4life