SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2013

geaux_sioux

Cole Reyes, Brandon Miller, AJ Stockwell, Marcus Cheatom, Mitch Meindel, and Kyle Norberg, are my candidates without seeing a practice or hearing anything.

I found it interesting that on the roster listing AJ Stockwell was an OL with the number 98, and individual capsules they listed him as a TE (listed as a newcomer OL in the position capsules, but with number 78). With his size and athleticism maybe he will be a run stopping DE with that number?

I found it interesting that on the roster listing AJ Stockwell was an OL with the number 98, and individual capsules they listed him as a TE (listed as a newcomer OL in the position capsules, but with number 78). With his size and athleticism maybe he will be a run stopping DE with that number?

Mussman had hinted that he could step in right away outside the tackles and block and even catch passes. Long term he's a LT. I feel like that number of his is a dead give away of their intentions to pull his shirt. Also Meindel is obviously already getting his shirt pulled.

Mussman had hinted that he could step in right away outside the tackles and block and even catch passes. Long term he's a LT. I feel like that number of his is a dead give away of their intentions to pull his shirt. Also Meindel is obviously already getting his shirt pulled.

College Football Madness has Meindel ranked third for FCS Kicking recruits. He is also 72nd overall for FCS recruits....should be another good kicker in a long line of good kickers for us.

From SFI:

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2013/08/02/camp-schedule-stuff/

• TE/LS Taylor Grant is no longer on the roster. We heard he has transferred somewhere closer to his hometown of Minneapolis but have not confirmed where. Grant was the team’s starting long snapper.
  • RS Freshman NG Mike Edwards is beginning fall camp on the injured list. He apparently hurt his leg/foot in spring ball and is still being held out.
  • RS Freshman OG Dustin Adams is also beginning fall camp on the injured list. He too should be back sometime in August. Sr. WR RJ McGill is also in the same boat.
  • RS Freshman QB’s Joe Mollberg and Ryan Bartels are starting camp 1A and 1B on the depth chart.
  • All members of the 2013 signing class are on campus and ready to go. No ‘Joe Schobert situations’ this year.
  • Incoming freshman AJ Stockwell is being listed as a Tight End on the roster. We assumed he would be an offensive tackle. Show’s the athleticism that he possesses.

Fall Camp Schedule

Date Times (Practice #)

Sat., Aug. 3 9:15 a.m. (1)

Sun, Aug. 4 9:15 a.m. (2)

Mon., Aug. 5 9:15 a.m. (3)

Tues., Aug. 6 9:15 a.m. (4)

Wed., Aug. 7 9:15 a.m. (5)

Thur., Aug. 8 9:15 a.m. (6)

- 3:15 p.m. (7)

Fri., Aug. 9 9:15 a.m. (8)

Sat., Aug. 10 9:15 a.m. (9)

- 3:15 p.m. (10)

Mon., Aug. 12 9:15 a.m. (11)

Tues., Aug. 13 9:15 a.m. (12)

- 3:15 p.m. (13)

Wed., Aug. 14 9:15 a.m. (14)

Thurs. Aug. 15 9:15 a.m. (15)

- 3:15 p.m. (16)

Fri., Aug. 16 9:15 a.m. (17)

Sat., Aug. 17 9:15 a.m. (18)

- 3:15 p.m. (19)

Mon., Aug. 19 9:15 a.m. (20)

Tues., Aug. 20 9:15 a.m. (21)

- 3:15 p.m. (22)

Wed., Aug. 21 9:15 a.m. (23)

Thur., Aug. 22 9:15 a.m. (24)

Fri., Aug. 23 9:15 a.m. (25)

Sat., Aug. 24 3:15 p.m. (26)

Mon., Aug. 26 2:30 p.m. (27)

Tues., Aug. 27 3:25 p.m. (28)

Wed., Aug. 28 4 p.m. (29)

Rumor is Taylor Grant is going to UMD.

Sounds like the Spring Season gave the coaching staff a chance to feel Robertson out before committing fully.

Not all kids can handle the reality of college athletics. Being able to prioritize, stay focused and balance academics

is not easy for everyone. I give our athletes that have shown they can handle it, huge props.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for the season!!!

Rumor is Taylor Grant is going to UMD.

Sounds like the Spring Season gave the coaching staff a chance to feel Robertson out before committing fully.

Not all kids can handle the reality of college athletics. Being able to prioritize, stay focused and balance academics

is not easy for everyone. I give our athletes that have shown they can handle it, huge props.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for the season!!!

Makes sense for Grant. His grandfather still spends a lot of time in the Duluth-Superior area.

I wonder if the defense had to do updowns for all the missed tackles last season? If they did they were probably too tired come Saturdays to tackle anybody.

Questions I have for any practice goers:

~Did Garman put on any weight?

~Who throws a better ball and has a better arm? Bartels or Joe?

~How is the intensity?

~Will Sparks see the field regularly?

~Is there hope for the defense?

Per Tom Miller, Konowalski and Fletcher weren't practicing due to academics. Need Konowalski to be eligible to provide CB depth.

Do we know if these guys are planning to attend UND this fall and regain eligibility or if they are history? I hate to lose Kono.. but I would not be surprised Fletcher would transfer where he find some game time.

I wonder if the defense had to do updowns for all the missed tackles last season? If they did they were probably too tired come Saturdays to tackle anybody.

Questions I have for any practice goers:

~Did Garman put on any weight?

~Who throws a better ball and has a better arm? Bartels or Joe?

~How is the intensity?

~Will Sparks see the field regularly?

~Is there hope for the defense?

I haven't attended any practices, but the roster lists him at 186. He was listed at 177 on last year's roster.

Do we know if these guys are planning to attend UND this fall and regain eligibility or if they are history? I hate to lose Kono.. but I would not be surprised Fletcher would transfer where he find some game time.

Don't remember where I saw it, but I remember reading that both of them were doing some running on the sidelines.

Sitting out for academics and being academically ineligible are two different things. I would bet that they didn't do well enough last spring in class and needed to make it up in the summer and may be waiting in grades to be cleared. If they were academically ineligible it would have been specified.