SiouxSports.com Forum

Championship

Fetch

UND was eight minutes away from beating this Yale team. A bad bounce through Simpson, and next thing you know its 4-1 Yale.

Yeah, I'm believing in destiny now too. Michigan wins, Yale is done for the year. Instead they get in, win some OT games, and play their best game of the year in the title game.

Yale earned my respect too.

I guess us losing to the best team in the country (at this time of the year anyway) does make it sting a little less now.

I disagree completely. They deserve a lot of credit for their run but Yale winning the National Championship only magnifies the idea that the Sioux let a golden opportunity slip away this year...

• Upvote 1

It's really hard to watch any team but ours win the championship.

I didn't have a hard time watching this game at all. Yale's enthusiasm and exuberance was fun to watch. Contrast that with some previous UND teams and their 'business trips.' I think there's a lot to be said for being a cinderella story. This is why I love college hockey.

It's really hard to watch any team but ours win the championship. How long till we get to have this experience again? What's are team looking like next year? Is it going to be a team built around Rocco, or do we have any new guys who are going to step up?

Odds are high that we will have a very good team but play the cycle and come up short in the tourney. Many posters here will talk about how hard it is to win in this format and state that once we win one they will come in bunches.

• Upvote 1

I didn't have a hard time watching this game at all. Yale's enthusiasm and exuberance was fun to watch. Contrast that with some previous UND teams and their 'business trips.' I think there's a lot to be said for being a cinderella story. This is why I love college hockey.

Maybe thats a bit of it. I still feel awful for the Pony Express group. Hak admits that he didn't let that group really cherish any of their accomplishments, and in the end they didn't get the job done with the business type approach.

Heck, when UND won their national championship in 97 they showed up with their cowboy hats on and just giddy and having a helluva time. Who knows, but definitely liked to see Yale truly have a good time.

Andrew Miller: "We deserve some respect."

Yes, Andrew, you do. You earned mine. Congratulations to the Yale Bulldogs...2013 national champions. Unbelievable run.

Telling ya, being the totally disrespected underdog lit their fire...a very good team with something to prove becomes an unbeatable team

I disagree completely. They deserve a lot of credit for their run but Yale winning the National Championship only magnifies the idea that the Sioux let a golden opportunity slip away this year...

The way Yale played in this tournament, they beat this year's UND team 7 outta 10. Yale beat the #2 overall seed and WCHA champ Gophers, our team, the #3 overall seed and Hockey East champ Lowell, and the #1 overall seed and ECAC champ Quinnipiac- they were the best team in the country when it counted.

Quite frankly, I don't think this year's UND team could've beaten the Yale, Lowell, or Quinnipiac teams I saw in the this tourney on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

The way Yale played in this tournament, they beat this year's UND team 7 outta 10.

Quite frankly, I don't think this year's UND team could've beaten the Yale, Lowell, or Quinnipiac teams I saw in the this tourney on a regular basis.

You will be skewered for those comments here...but I could not agree more with you on your observations.

Congrats to Yale. The only thing that was proven was you don't have to have the best players in the nation on your team. Come tourney time all you need is some luck and bury your chances and you can do some damage. UND had zero luck and we didn't bury most of our chances and this is no knock on Yale.