SiouxSports.com Forum

SiouxSports.com Fleece Hats

MafiaMan

Siouxman's hat made its debut at The Ralph last night. Temperature was -2 F outside and the ears were warm. Great hat.

I have been wearing my hat everywhere. They're nice. I might have to send Mafia Man one of our Christmas Cards, I will be wearing one of these hats on the card. There's a duck hunting picture with me and my dog and I am wearing the Hoggsbreath hat. Well, there's also a dead duck in the picture as well.

I have been wearing my hat everywhere. They're nice. I might have to send Mafia Man one of our Christmas Cards, I will be wearing one of these hats on the card. There's a duck hunting picture with me and my dog and I am wearing the Hoggsbreath hat. Well, there's also a dead duck in the picture as well.

Picture here please. I like looking at dead shovelers :) (hope it was a fully colored greenhead)

Kudos to NDH for getting the hats to me from Mafia. I'm sure several interstate federal laws were broken smuggling these babies from WI to GF. ;)

Was able to meet Siouxman who grabbed southpaw's hat for a great stocking stuffer.... oops did I let that slip.

Gonna hook up w letsSIOUXum today so he can get his lids as well.

Must say Mafia is a genius for thinking of these hats and getting the 2 orders together. I got a pink one this order after I saw how good he looked in his. My daughter and him are friends on Instagram!!

Picture here please. I like looking at dead shovelers :) (hope it was a fully colored greenhead)

It was a Gadwall that I shot at about 65-yards. :) And yes, I have shot a few American Shovelers over the years. Nothing beer and marinade can't fix. :)

So you eat the beak?

Whatttttttt? No! But it appears that some who hunt ducks, shoot ducks based on their appearance. If prepared right, duck tastes really good. Goose cooked a certain way will taste like steak in my opinion. Duck cooked poorly, it's well, frankly... It will taste like a bag of ass. I was hunting ducks with my buddy and shot a double with what appear to be a couple of Gadwalls or hen Mallards. My dog Dakota brought them back and I discovered that I had shot a double of Shovelers. Whatever, I don't care what I shoot, Redhead, Teal, Canvas Backs its all good. Needless to say then went in the back of the rig. We had some clown that used to hunt with us say, oh, I am not going to eat them. My buddy and I just smiled at each other because once they've been cleaned and cooked, you can rarely tell what they are.

Edited by Goon

Whatttttttt? No! But it appears that some who hunt ducks, shoot ducks based on their appearance. If prepared right, duck tastes really good. Goose cooked a certain way will taste like steak in my opinion. Duck cooked poorly, it's well, frankly... It will taste like a bag of ass. I was hunting ducks with my buddy and shot a double with what appear to be a couple of Gadwalls or hen Mallards. My dog Dakota brought them back and I discovered that I had shot a double of Shovelers. Whatever, I don't care what I shoot, Redhead, Teal, Canvas Backs its all good. Needless to say then went in the back of the rig. We had some clown that used to hunt with us say, oh, I am not going to eat them. My buddy and I just smiled at each other because once they've been cleaned and cooked, you can rarely tell what they are.

Actually, shovelers have won a blind taste test in the past. I do like mallards, and the hunt by appearance aspect is based on not shooting hens, and, getting a fully feathered "pickable" duck. I rather like cooking duck with the skin on. But it doesn't change the fact that we like to give the shoveler shooter some crap just for fun. The absolute worst tasting/smelling duck ever shot, was a Minnesota scaup that a friend had shot. In the oven it made the house smell like you were boiling beaver, and it didn't taste any better than it smelled.

Actually, shovelers have won a blind taste test in the past. I do like mallards, and the hunt by appearance aspect is based on not shooting hens, and, getting a fully feathered "pickable" duck. I rather like cooking duck with the skin on. But it doesn't change the fact that we like to give the shoveler shooter some crap just for fun. The absolute worst tasting/smelling duck ever shot, was a Minnesota scaup that a friend had shot. In the oven it made the house smell like you were boiling beaver, and it didn't taste any better than it smelled.

You would get a long with my brother then, he always giving me a hard time, he even emails me and asks for the count on Shovelers shot... This past year was a good hunting season. Had some interesting hunts.... I even had a Coyote stalk me and my dog while we were in the field. I emptied my shotgun on him.

I even had a Coyote stalk me and my dog while we were in the field. I emptied my shotgun on him.

You must smell a bit like dead jackrabbit. Or maybe making noises like one that's about to die? :)

The whole countryside out here now smells like burning natural gas, or worse, hydrogen sulfide.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the SiouxSports.com fleece hat thread...Goon and crazy Uncle Si have turned this into Dead Duck Dynasty.

Can't remember how we got here, looked back and it was Goon's Christmas card pic of the fleece hat and a duck. Not hard to guess who I am in your description. That's a fact, Jack