SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

Sioux-cia

The order in which I would prefer a national championship go for the frozen four...

1. Yale-Not cheering for them, but it may make it easier on me if they win it all.....

2. SCSU-Come on.....think of the years of "gopher rejects" cheers.

3. Lowell-Wouldn't mind seeing them win it I guess.

4. Qunnipiac-Because Josh Siembida is a big reason that program is at where they're at.

Don't want to pee in your Cheerios. But could'nt that mean if we would have beaten Yale, then WE could have won it all? Guess I'm a glass is half empty guy.

Look, SCSU was in the WCHA with us and SCSU will be in the NCHC with us. And, like I have said before, it will irritate the Goofer faithful almost as much as UND winning it. I honestly don't know why people in our fan base hate SCSU. I have very little problem with their team, their coach or their fan base.

...and Minnesota was in the WCHA with 'us' in 2002 too...I didn't cheer for them then either.

Having been at at several games in St Cloud with nickname protesters in my face, I can give you lots of reasons why I hate St Cloud State.

• Upvote 1

...and Minnesota was in the WCHA with 'us' in 2002 too...I didn't cheer for them then either.

Having been at at several games in St Cloud with nickname protesters in my face, I can give you lots of reasons why I hate St Cloud State.

First of all, putting Minnesota and St. Cloud in the same category is a little extreme, but to each their own.

Second of all, the nickname protestors didn't give a rat's @$$ about college hockey, football, basketball, ect. I would imagine most of their fans never had a problem with the name and logo and most of them probably think it's stupid we don't have them anymore. I will save my venom for Denver. But again, to each their own.

Forgive me...what's the joke here?

And didn't Josh play at Sacred Heart after he left UND?

From hockeydb.com:

Josh Siembida

Goalie

Born Feb 6 1983-- Dorhester, ONT

[30 yrs. ago]

Height 5.10 -- Weight 180 -- Shoots L

RS Scoring RS Goalie Stats PO Scoring Season Team Lge GP A PIM Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct GP A PIM 2001-02 Waterloo Black Hawks USHL 21 1 10 1215 57 3 0 2.81 7 12 1 641 0.918 - - - 2001-02 U. of North Dakota WCHA 12 0 0 645 39 0 0 3.63 5 6 1 306 0.887 2002-03 U. of North Dakota WCHA 19 1 0 969 51 0 1 3.16 12 4 0 297 0.853 2003-04 Wichita Falls Wildcats NAHL 38 2 8 2004-05 Quinnipiac University AHA 8 0 0 277 15 0 1 3.24 1 2 0 146 0.907 2005-06 Quinnipiac University ECAC 3 0 0 115 5 0 1 2.61 1 0 0 37 0.881

Sacred Heart is an inside joke (see Hoggsbreath thread)...

I'm familiar with hockeydb too...just didn't get the Siembida reference by Wilbur...

I saw the Hoggsbreath thread, didn't put it together with this. I thought that maybe you had just confused his eventual destination. Those small eastern schools all look the same. ;)

First of all, putting Minnesota and St. Cloud in the same category is a little extreme, but to each their own.

Second of all, the nickname protestors didn't give a rat's @$$ about college hockey, football, basketball, ect. I would imagine most of their fans never had a problem with the name and logo and most of them probably think it's stupid we don't have them anymore. I will save my venom for Denver. But again, to each their own.

I have yet to meet a Gopher fan who thinks leaving the WCHA is a good thing...or one who thinks ditching the Fighting Sioux nickname is the right thing to do...I still won't cheer for them.

Maybe if St Cloud does win the title, we can re-visit the SCSU thread from a while back where fans were outraged over a loss to a second-rate hockey school...

I have yet to meet a Gopher fan who thinks leaving the WCHA is a good thing...or one who thinks ditching the Fighting Sioux nickname is the right thing to do...I still won't cheer for them.

Maybe if St Cloud does win the title, we can re-visit the SCSU thread from a while back where fans were outraged over a loss to a second-rate hockey school...

Not the point I was trying to make, but oh well.

The question is is st cloud winning a title good or bad for the NCHC? Most would say good I would guess and that it would in turn help UND. Regardless of dislike for that school.

Me I dislike every conference mate. And will cheer for anyone but SCSU. But then again I'm a UND fan not a anti-XXXX fan, so in the end I could give to sheeets who wins.

We had one behind us at the Final Five who went on and on and on about how racist, derogatory, and inappropriate Fighting Sioux was. And he was very serious, not just trying to stir the pot. In his mind it was equivalent to the disgrace of having a team named the Washington Redskins in our nation's capital. He thought that is one of the most embarrassing things in the US.

Forgive me...what's the joke here?

And didn't Josh play at Sacred Heart after he left UND?

According to my dad, everyone played at Sacred Heart.... :lol:

No, that was a Siembida to Quinnipiac after UND reference, where he lit the world on fire.

Don't want to pee in your Cheerios. But could'nt that mean if we would have beaten Yale, then WE could have won it all? Guess I'm a glass is half empty guy.

I'm taking your piss out of my Cheerios, because any team in the field could have won it this year, won't matter what the outcome is at the frozen four.

Look, SCSU was in the WCHA with us and SCSU will be in the NCHC with us. And, like I have said before, it will irritate the Goofer faithful almost as much as UND winning it. I honestly don't know why people in our fan base hate SCSU. I have very little problem with their team, their coach or their fan base.

I can only speak for myself.....Saigo!!

• Upvote 1

We had one behind us at the Final Five who went on and on and on about how racist, derogatory, and inappropriate Fighting Sioux was. And he was very serious, not just trying to stir the pot. In his mind it was equivalent to the disgrace of having a team named the Washington Redskins in our nation's capital. He thought that is one of the most embarrassing things in the US.

Did you smack him upside the head, give him some haldol and tell him to, 'Snap out of it!' :bigsmile:

On the scale of embarrassing things in the US nickname issues rank pretty low, there are enough political and social issues to fill a library.