SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practices

WeAreNorthDakota

Rosters for Saturday have been released. Bartels will have Hardin, Jackson, and Robertson to throw to while Mollberg will have Golloday, Townsend, and Fletcher. Unfortunately we will not be seeing any of Sparks, Edwards, Labat, or Adams. Jake Hanson will play on both sides.

Well at least there will be a good aireal show

Rosters for Saturday have been released. Bartels will have Hardin, Jackson, and Robertson to throw to while Mollberg will have Golloday, Townsend, and Fletcher. Unfortunately we will not be seeing any of Sparks, Edwards, Labat, or Adams. Jake Hanson will play on both sides.

Have we heard anything definitive about Adams' injury? How serious is it?

Finally a post with actual relevance today. Thank you!

Can't wait for the game Saturday.

Given how poor the run defense was last year, and how pedestrian the run offense was last year, I'm not quite sure how accurately either side of the ball can be evaluated come Saturday. Especially since neither Miller or Sparks will play...........

I don't think you will be able to make a lot of evaluations on any of the team performances, especially this spring. They will still have practices left to go this spring. I think that the best you can do will be to look for individual performances and individual growth. Who is bigger, stronger and/or faster than last year? Who looks better behind center and handling the team? How do the redshirts look compared to the other players at their position? Spring is always a tough time to evaluate team performance, this year it is even tougher because of the limited practice time. Mostly I go to the spring game for a little fun and to watch 'em fling the old pigskin around. That tides me over until fall.

Is this a case of bad day for the o or better d as they open up the defensive playbook more?

I think it's a combo of both, but clearly the D's ego is smarting from last year so they know they've got something to prove.

I anticipate the offense will rebound and push back hard after today.

I think it's a combo of both, but clearly the D's ego is smarting from last year so they know they've got something to prove.

Are you gonna provide a synopsis of the entire practice? That would be much appreciated.

Is this a case of bad day for the o or better d as they open up the defensive playbook more?

Not a whole lot to add from the play-by-play earlier today.

A couple of additional quick thoughts, though:

Coach K has got the D buzzing this spring. There seems to be a sense of urgency that I didn't see last year.

Coach Luke gave the offense a mild chewing after the practice -- nothing major -- but something to the effect that they better start bringing it every practice because a display like what took place Wednesday ain't gonna cut it.

In hindsight, it did appear that the offense was kinda just going through the motions. That combined with the new stuff the QBs got thrown at them made for a lackluster day. QBs didn't look too bad until they were put in skelly and live drills. Once they were forced to make their reads quicker and execute, their success diminished.

Early in practice, Jake Hanson connected with R. Bridges on a perfect bomb of 50 yards plus.

Townsend had a case of the droppsies today, uncharacteristic for him.

Shaugs looked really good at RB again.

• Upvote 1