SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practices

WeAreNorthDakota

They are remodeling the locker rooms at memorial. Highly doubt ipf gets built this year.

They're not remodeling. They installed updated lockers that will eventually be used in the IPF. My guess is they don't start by May but I'm confident there will be shovels in the ground this spring. If spring ever decides to show up.

Yes-- practice was on today in howling winds, 32 degree temps and wet falling snow.

Team looked motivated despite demotivating weather conditions. But it was the first day so what do you expect?

Mollberg to Hardin on a couple of deep bombs despite the windy, snowy conditions.

Golloday looks really good and confident -- look out!

J.J. Robertson mostly ran routes to get used to the plays. He had some short distance receptions, though.

DB Dwayne Brown has left the team.

Call me crazy but wouldn't that be newspaper worthy? At least one media outlet?

Surpassing the $300 million Spirit Campaign was in the news last month. It was one of the major projects for athletics within the campaign. The construction process on this will start with proving to the state the funds are in place. That will have to happen before shovels are in the ground.

Surpassing the $300 million Spirit Campaign was in the news last month. It was one of the major projects for athletics within the campaign. The construction process on this will start with proving to the state the funds are in place. That will have to happen before shovels are in the ground.

You realize lots of that is not money in hand right? But pledges down the road.

I also heard Faison say that, and I am optimistic that it'll happen. It coincided with Altru's big gift IIRC. However, I've also heard with my own ears from Gene Taylor that construction would begin on the SHAC last spring, and the spring before so I try to temper my enthusiasm when Universities are talking about big construction projects like this. I've been hearing about the IPF for many years now. Looking forward to seeing some Earth moved this summer.............

You realize lots of that is not money in hand right? But pledges down the road.

And you do realize that the State Board of Higher Ed needs to know that the pledges are in place before construction can begin right? UND will need to show documentation that the pledges are there to begin, they don't have to hand Shirvani an briefcase with $20 million in cash inside of it.

I also heard from a reliable source within the U that the old REA will be demolished soon and work on the IPF will begin once REA is gone.

On the facilities subject:

With the new medical school going in at the site of the current soccer field, isn't the plan to relocate the soccer field to the current student parking lot on the southeast corner of University and Columbia? A new parking ramp be needed on the east side Columbia to replace the loss of parking spots to the new field. How's the parking ramp and new soccer field going to be funded?

On the facilities subject:

With the new medical school going in at the site of the current soccer field, isn't the plan to relocate the soccer field to the current student parking lot on the southeast corner of University and Columbia? A new parking ramp be needed on the east side Columbia to replace the loss of parking spots to the new field. How's the parking ramp and new soccer field going to be funded?

I'm picking up the tab for it.........................

Love Mussmans quote when asked about some nice passes Mollberg threw in practice. He's making damn sure to keep his young qbs and team for that matter humble.

Also the Herald had basically anointed Mollberg the starter for next year after two practices. I'm not saying he won't be but c'mon the competition with Bartells has barely even started.

Love Mussmans quote when asked about some nice passes Mollberg threw in practice. He's making damn sure to keep his young qbs and team for that matter humble.

Also the Herald had basically anointed Mollberg the starter for next year after two practices. I'm not saying he won't be but c'mon the competition with Bartells has barely even started.

He is number one on the depth chart so technically he is the heir apparent at this point.

After talking to Wayne at Friday's practice, I think what he means is that, RIGHT NOW, Mollberg is the one to beat. Don't read too much into anything else.