SiouxSports.com Forum

Officials got it right......

Wilbur

https://www.youtube....h?v=h8iDSxaBZWI

Quick apology to the officials last night. After slowing it down that apparent first goal by Tech did not go into the net. It hit the top of the net and bounced back over and out. This thread will die quickly, but I was pretty critical of the officials.

I disagree...the puck hits the pipe in the back of the net and comes out. Should have been a goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8iDSxaBZWI

Quick apology to the officials last night. After slowing it down that apparent first goal by Tech did not go into the net. It hit the top of the net and bounced back over and out. This thread will die quickly, but I was pretty critical of the officials.

Didn't matter. Who cares? Moving on

• Upvote 1

Definitely thought it was but the top and front view tell a different story. The only way that was in was if it came through the top of the net after going in, and it went up through the net. The overhead looks like a goal, but what side of the net is the puck on (below it or above it) I think it's above it.

And it really doesn't make any difference.

I disagree...the puck hits the pipe in the back of the net and comes out. Should have been a goal.

Sorry, but I'm almost positive that you are wrong.

The Tech player didn't get all of the puck and it was a slow, arching trajectory. It just barely went over the top of the crossbar in its arcing path, and then it hit the top of the net on the back bar and bounced straight up.

It's not possible for that puck to bounce straight up the way it did if it went in the net.

On Brad's Blog you can see the puck bouncing straight up in an impossible way. Even on the overhead angle, if you look closely you can see the puck go over the crossbar and momentarily obscure it from sight.

Sorry, but I'm almost positive that you are wrong.

The Tech player didn't get all of the puck and it was a slow, arching trajectory. It just barely went over the top of the crossbar in its arcing path, and then it hit the top of the net on the back bar and bounced straight up.

It's not possible for that puck to bounce straight up the way it did if it went in the net.

On Brad's Blog you can see the puck bouncing straight up in an impossible way. Even on the overhead angle, if you look closely you can see the puck go over the crossbar and momentarily obscure it from sight.

I for sure thought it was a goal. But after watching Brad's video and this video it isn't a goal. From the overhead the puck goes over top of the crossbar, not under neath. From the live feed the puck bounces up.

I know it doesn't matter, but interesting bounce of the puck.

The danger of one angle alone- in slow mo that clearly popped off the back iron on the top (outside) the net. No wonder no Tech players or coaches lost it.

This is another reason to still have goal judges. Obviously the refs and goal judge knew it was over the net. But if they had to review it, the overhead would not have shown elevation clearly.

in that case they could ask the goal judge what he saw.