SiouxSports.com Forum

Top 40-Yd Dash Times

UND-FB-FAN

According to a tweet by Nate Baukol, strength and conditioning coach, the players with the top 5 40-yd dash times during a recent testing were :

WR Greg Hardin

WR Kenny Gollady

S Baylee Carr

RB Jake Miller

LB Cordero Finley

From earlier comments made on here, I'm surprised that JJ Robertson was not on that list. I really like seeing Golladay on that list though.

If Golladay was in the top 5 that means he ran in the 4.5s which would be an incredible increase in speed for him. He must have gotten a lot stronger and more explosive this winter which can make a huge difference.

I've heard Hardin was in the low 4.4s nearly a 4.3 which is also impressive and a good improvement.

Too bad Robertson didn't run, I was very interested in seeing what he would get.

Also nice to see Shaugabay run a 4.50 which is pretty damn good given his physical nature and decent size being over 200 lbs.

Credit coach Baukol and his staff for making these guys bugger faster and stronger.

wonder why?

i was creeping on his facebook and it sounds like he is slaughtering lifting records left an right

I had to creep a bit myself after you posted this and if he gets in the 370's he will absolutely devastate DBs at the line of scrimmage in the run game and in getting off press man. That's pretty scary strength for a very fast wr who's only a freshman.

• Upvote 2

That floor in the Hyslop is so sticky; that has to help acceleration, no?

Not enough to make up for wearing basketball shoes instead of feather light cleats. I'm sure it helps with the first couple steps but I'm not sure that it would make a massive difference the way wearing cleats would.

Robertson smashed the all time bench record by benching 370 lbs today............ 3.......7.......0........ he's a wr and the fastest guy on the team...... those poor DBs that are going to get tossed around.....

http://twitter.yfrog.com/nqzkcdvcfakjdrdonrzhzwqlz

Also Coach Baukol tweeted that Hardin benched 305.... basically twice his body weight. WOW.

Now we just need to be sure that there is somebody capable of getting the ball into the hands of all of these wide receivers.

It is almost embarrassing how great the talent is at the receiver position in this program right now...............

It's crazy because Fletcher is still waiting in the wings and he's an absolute beast. Jackson will be only a soph Robertson a fr Hardin is the man McGill will come back from his injury and he's always open Golladay apparently got WAY faster Townsend will keep getting faster last years beef master Bridges is going to make an impact in the return game and is a complete waterbug and he's a beast Carr is coming in next year with his speed and skills. There is also Casey Young who should continue to be a special teams impact player.

It almost makes it hard to justify why you'd even want to run the ball. (Hopefully we do actually run the ball more next year.)

Robertson smashed the all time bench record by benching 370 lbs today............ 3.......7.......0........ he's a wr and the fastest guy on the team...... those poor DBs that are going to get tossed around.....

http://twitter.yfrog...kjdrdonrzhzwqlz

Also Coach Baukol tweeted that Hardin benched 305.... basically twice his body weight. WOW.

Absolutely ridiculous

It's crazy because Fletcher is still waiting in the wings and he's an absolute beast. Jackson will be only a soph Robertson a fr Hardin is the man McGill will come back from his injury and he's always open Golladay apparently got WAY faster Townsend will keep getting faster last years beef master Bridges is going to make an impact in the return game and is a complete waterbug and he's a beast Carr is coming in next year with his speed and skills. There is also Casey Young who should continue to be a special teams impact player.

It almost makes it hard to justify why you'd even want to run the ball. (Hopefully we do actually run the ball more next year.)

Think we could possibly move Fletcher to DB? Or is he too good of a WR to switch? I believe when he was recruited he was thought of as either a DB or WR

http://twitter.yfrog...kjdrdonrzhzwqlz

They should play him right away and not redshirt him.

Think we could possibly move Fletcher to DB? Or is he too good of a WR to switch? I believe when he was recruited he was thought of as either a DB or WR

I believe, as he was a smaller school guy, he played both ways and was rated fairly highly as a DB as well. I'm not sure on his speed, however.

I know I've brought this up before but I'd like to see some of that athletic wealth at WR shared with the DB's as well. If not Fletcher, maybe Bridges or Young. Bridges had a good career at DB in high school and Young is too good of an athlete to just use as a special teams player. I know Bridges is short but he had 46 or so tackles his senior year.

Robertson was grayshirted not redshirted at Illinois.

My understanding was that he enrolled at Parkland College in Champaign last fall, which I believe started his eligibility clock, meaning he will have used 1 of his 5 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility. I could be wrong though.

On a related note, here is an article from the Chicago Tribune that he is mentioned in that talks about grades and eligibility and partially explains how he ended up at UND. Touches on the coaches at UND staying on top of the student athletes and working with them on their academics.

• Upvote 1

My understanding was that he enrolled at Parkland College in Champaign last fall, which I believe started his eligibility clock, meaning he will have used 1 of his 5 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility. I could be wrong though.

On a related note, here is an article from the Chicago Tribune that he is mentioned in that talks about grades and eligibility and partially explains how he ended up at UND. Touches on the coaches at UND staying on top of the student athletes and working with them on their academics.

According to the SFI guys, he does have a redshirt year available and have been told that as a fact.

EDIT: Also, the SFI blog is having somewhat of a Q&A chat - get out and participate if given time!