SiouxSports.com Forum

Top 40-Yd Dash Times

UND-FB-FAN

According to the SFI guys, he does have a redshirt year available and have been told that as a fact.

EDIT: Also, the SFI blog is having somewhat of a Q&A chat - get out and participate if given time!

I see that now. Seems strange. I guess if that is the case, it is a good thing to have in your back pocket in case an injury or something were to come up. No doubt he's seeing the field this year.

I see that now. Seems strange. I guess if that is the case, it is a good thing to have in your back pocket in case an injury or something were to come up. No doubt he's seeing the field this year.

Benching 370 he better be on the field this year. Playoffs or bust this year.

My understanding was that he enrolled at Parkland College in Champaign last fall, which I believe started his eligibility clock, meaning he will have used 1 of his 5 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility. I could be wrong though.

On a related note, here is an article from the Chicago Tribune that he is mentioned in that talks about grades and eligibility and partially explains how he ended up at UND. Touches on the coaches at UND staying on top of the student athletes and working with them on their academics.

IIRC we looked at this before and if he attended the CC part-time his eligibility wouldn't start, only if he was a full-time student. My guess would be the NCAA made the rule like that so kids who need a few credits to be eligible could get them without losing a year of eligibility and making them less attractive to prospective schools. Makes sense.

IIRC we looked at this before and if he attended the CC part-time his eligibility wouldn't start, only if he was a full-time student. My guess would be the NCAA made the rule like that so kids who need a few credits to be eligible could get them without losing a year of eligibility and making them less attractive to prospective schools. Makes sense.

Seems believable. Even so, the bolded above does not compute... :whistling: