SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Clark stops 28 of 29 SOG. UND gets 3 PP goals with 6 different guys scoring tonight. PK shuts the door after early goal. This is the recipe moving forward to continued success.

I would like to see Rodwell back with the General. Colton moves up with Easy Mac. OD has to sit at this point. Mitch seems to be locked in but Bryn IMO is a better 2 way player. Connor or Jim fill 4th line.

Clark stops 28 of 29 SOG. UND gets 3 PP goals with 6 different guys scoring tonight. PK shuts the door after early goal. This is the recipe moving forward to continued success.

I would like to see Rodwell back with the General. Colton moves up with Easy Mac. OD has to sit at this point. Mitch seems to be locked in but Bryn IMO is a better 2 way player. Connor or Jim fill 4th line.

I was at the game last night and I though O'Donnell played very well and I just don't get why so many people are adamant that he sit. Not like any option for that spot is lighting up the score sheet.

I was at the game last night and I though O'Donnell played very well and I just don't get why so many people are adamant that he sit. Not like any option for that spot is lighting up the score sheet.

He was moved from 3rd line to 4th last night probably for a reason. He hasn't contributed anything offensively when played on scoring lines and Rodwell and Jim are better suited for a 4th line roll than he is IMO.

Friday Rodwell Chyzyk Gaarder all sat. Those 3 all have been more productive in any role they have played compared to OD. At this point in the season guys shouldn't see ice time due to potential.

Thanks for the video, that was great! This game was played at the Ralph, right? Just judging based on fan reactions and the score we hung on DU.

My wife game me a video recorder for Christmas and it's a lot of fun. Looking forward to having hockey at home this weekend.

I'm sure this has been mentioned dozens of times already, but Scott Mayfield is a punk.

Just seeing his stupid rat-face and that moronic smirk..... I bet he gets punched in the face by random strangers a lot more than the average person.

Mayfiled is Seth Helgeson on steroids.

He was moved from 3rd line to 4th last night probably for a reason. He hasn't contributed anything offensively when played on scoring lines and Rodwell and Jim are better suited for a 4th line roll than he is IMO.

Friday Rodwell Chyzyk Gaarder all sat. Those 3 all have been more productive in any role they have played compared to OD. At this point in the season guys shouldn't see ice time due to potential.

At this point in the season I will trust the coaches over opinions on a message board.

Agreed with Hak on keeping those guys off. No reason to have something stupid happen to those guys for the stretch run. Especially when you've got guys getting clothes lined and cross checked in the back of the head.

Not only that, but with the amount of special teams needed for last night's game, I bet their TOI up to that point was ridiculously high. With a score like that, especially with some chippiness going on, there's no reason not to let some of the fresher (albeit less talented) legs play.

• Upvote 1

so ... how do we like DU at UM next weekend ... is there a way for both teams to lose ? If we hold our own against the Beavers with 3 or 4 points a DU 2 or 3 point weekend would be outstanding

We need to have 4 points against Bemidji and then the best thing would probably be if DU and Minny just tie twice, but I think Minny will take 3 or 4 points from DU next weekend.

does any one think it helps our chances by UND playing DU and Bemidji the weekend before the Goofers do?

I would consider us and them close to the same level of team .... does it help for these other teams to play us then maybe be more prepared for the Rodents?

or is that just wishful thinking

does any one think it helps our chances by UND playing DU and Bemidji the weekend before the Goofers do?

I would consider us and them close to the same level of team .... does it help for these other teams to play us then maybe be more prepared for the Rodents?

or is that just wishful thinking

Skill/speed wise sure it could help bemidji but Denver can match many high end teams skill for skill with that lineup. They just have had issues here and there. Bemidji will be lucky to get a point between the two series. Bemidji always plays tough and will especially vs UND and um but you still have to score and defend. Minny will drop 10 plus on Denver if they play like they did vs UND. If they can clean it up a split isn't out of the question.

Hell of a two weeks coming up in the last ever regular season run.

Nice prediction.

I thought so :). I was being facetious for the most part. however, until this team learns how to play two consistent games in a weekend I still may be looking to sell those tickets the first week of april. this team is jekyll and hyde this second half-crap game friday night and good game saturday night. play like that will get you bounced in the first round. if the team that showed up last night shows up every night the rest of the way then we might have some bright things to look forward to.

someone criticized my reasons for travel earlier. when I do plan a trip I do with full intent on seeing and expecting my team win, I don't do road trips for the overwhelming drinking and socializing like some, I go solely for the game(s). to each his own I guess.

• Upvote 1

Knight to Kristo was flat out smooth as was Kristo to Rocco. This line is getting more and more dangerous every game! I think there is even another level we will see. good to see other lines are netting a few!!

The 13:40 mark is awesome! The DU announcer says mayfield better watch himself here..when Mac grabs him then a huge sioux flag is shown for few seconds! Go Sioux!!

Knight to Kristo was flat out smooth as was Kristo to Rocco. This line is getting more and more dangerous every game! I think there is even another level we will see. good to see other lines are netting a few!!

The 13:40 mark is awesome! The DU announcer says mayfield better watch himself here..when Mac grabs him then a huge sioux flag is shown for few seconds! Go Sioux!!

I loved that part also......Mac is a beast!!

Go SIOUX!!

I agree. I thought O'Donnell looked pretty good last night. Too bad last night was a specialty team fest and the 4th line didn't get as many minutes as it could have.

this team is jekyll and hyde this second half-crap game friday night and good game saturday night. play like that will get you bounced in the first round. if the team that showed up last night shows up every night the rest of the way then we might have some bright things to look forward to.

Could always hope for a Saturday-Sunday regional. Cure all your worries.;-)