SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday 6:37, outside on the pond

AZSIOUX

Did the refs call the CFB penalty against the UNO player against Gleason with maybe a second or two left in the game? If not, can't the league review it and suspend him for the next game?

Also, that was a brutal "holding" call against the Sioux player on the UNO player's breakaway in the 3rd period that led to their PP and their first goal. The UNO player had started to lose his balance and the Sioux player literally just touched the UNO player's elbow with his hand. There was no holding or hooking or nothing. The ref made the call from the opposite corner so just "assumed" a penalty occurred.

Did the refs call the CFB penalty against the UNO player against Gleason with maybe a second or two left in the game? If not, can't the league review it and suspend him for the next game?

Also, that was a brutal "holding" call against the Sioux player on the UNO player's breakaway in the 3rd period that led to their PP and their first goal. The UNO player had started to lose his balance and the Sioux player literally just touched the UNO player's elbow with his hand. There was no holding or hooking or nothing. The ref made the call from the opposite corner so just "assumed" a penalty occurred.

yeah the uno player got a 5 min cfb and a game misconduct.

Funny stuff

@EasyMac_16: After 5 hours stuck in no where South Dakota all we needed were a couple tow trucks and some of the boys pushing #andwereoff #siouxwarriors

@GeneralPattyn28: Solid effort from the #siouxwarriors pushing the bus. Boys got our workout in this morning. Hopefully get back to forks today.. #longroady

Honest analysis:

Why were those guys put at risk on ice that Coach Hakstol will only call "playable" in the post-game interviews.

Lincoln Coach Johnson told the UND folks he wouldn't put his players back out onto that ice after the USHL game.

I question why the game was started.

I question why the game was continued after they broke (with a drill) one of the cooling tubes. (It was 3-0 already.)

Outdoor games are a novelty show that has lost its novelty.

As soon as someone loses a high-value asset (player) because of crappy ice the novelty is done.

And really, this generation never really played outdoor pond hockey.

This is a generation of rink-refined, indoor only kids.with rare exceptions.

Say what you will in response to this, but the weekend would've been a total bust for Omaha (school and city) if not for UND fans (now stuck on I-29 somewhere in SD).

The only way the weekend could've gone worse for UNO is if they'd have lost a player on that mess of a "rink".

Why say all this?

Imagine the tables turned ...

We've built multi-million dollar hockey facilities with all the greatest innovations for play and player safety ... so we can play on a slushie, or a bag of wet crushed ice.

• Upvote 2

Honest analysis:

Why were those guys put at risk on ice that Coach Hakstol will only call "playable" in the post-game interviews.

Lincoln Coach Johnson told the UND folks he wouldn't put his players back out onto that ice after the USHL game.

I question why the game was started.

I question why the game was continued after they broke (with a drill) one of the cooling tubes. (It was 3-0 already.)

Outdoor games are a novelty show that has lost its novelty.

As soon as someone loses a high-value asset (player) because of crappy ice the novelty is done.

And really, this generation never really played outdoor pond hockey.

This is a generation of rink-refined, indoor only kids.with rare exceptions.

Say what you will in response to this, but the weekend would've been a total bust for Omaha (school and city) if not for UND fans (now stuck on I-29 somewhere in SD).

The only way the weekend could've gone worse for UNO is if they'd have lost a player on that mess of a "rink".

Why say all this?

Imagine the tables turned ...

We've built multi-million dollar hockey facilities with all the greatest innovations for play and player safety ... so we can play on a slushie, or a bag of wet crushed ice.

Who came up with this fiasco of an idea and how much did each school get paid to participate in it? Furthermore, I lived for 47 years next to an outdoor rink in Grand Forks. Over the last 15-20 years I am left wondering why they even make these rinks anymore. There is never anyone there.

Wow, they really didn't get Mitch for coming off the bench at the end there? Sounds good to me.

They have a precedent set. Didn't do anything to Mersch last week.....hell they didn't do anything to Hansen for the rodents last year when he came off the bench and delivered a 2 handed slash to the back of Blood's legs.