SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

bout damn time. good riddance.

Yeah 4 time East Region Coach of the year and one State Coach of the year in eight years that's pretty pathetic! Pull your head out of your A$$ until you get a clue! He had very very little talent to work with this year, Tony is a great coach and a better person, I suggest you keep your mouth shut!

• Upvote 1

Yeah 4 time East Region Coach of the year and one State Coach of the year in eight years that's pretty pathetic! Pull your head out of your A$$ until you get a clue! He had very very little talent to work with this year, Tony is a great coach and a better person, I suggest you keep your mouth shut!

Worst coach Central has had in years. He got awards out of pity when he had no talent on his teams or young teams and only won when his team was absolutely stacked. Sounds like a good coach to me. Good coaches can win with mediocre talent in high school. Ask some of his former players if he's a good coach.

Just curious, how many games did you see Central play in this year?

Worst coach Central has had in years. He got awards out of pity when he had no talent on his teams or young teams and only won when his team was absolutely stacked. Sounds like a good coach to me. Good coaches can win with mediocre talent in high school. Ask some of his former players if he's a good coach.

Great post, again shows your lack of intelligence. Ask me if I thought Chuck Ness was a good coach when I was 16 or 17. Of course not, didn't like as a coach so what. Now I look back and I have a different opinion. I coached kids that played for Central in the mid 2000's and still am in touch with a few of them. They all have nothing but good things to say about Tony so not sure where you are getting your info. Did you not make the cheer team and have some bitter feelings?

• Upvote 1

Just curious, how many games did you see Central play in this year?

Not sure that this matters? His highest scoring player had 17 points! He had 5 players over 10 points! Red River had 2 players (1 being a d-man) that almost surpassed Centrals whole team in points, if you think that is coaching related you are less smart than I thought

• Upvote 1

Great post, again shows your lack of intelligence. Ask me if I thought Chuck Ness was a good coach when I was 16 or 17. Of course not, didn't like as a coach so what. Now I look back and I have a different opinion. I coached kids that played for Central in the mid 2000's and still am in touch with a few of them. They all have nothing but good things to say about Tony so not sure where you are getting your info. Did you not make the cheer team and have some bitter feelings?

How bout you ask a guy like Dennis Johnson what he thinks about Bina as a coach. I graduated from Central but didn't have enough spirit to try out for the cheer team. I was also too busy being a 4 sport athlete.

As a former coach in the North Dakota hockey world I wish coach Bina well. Tremendous person, absolutely tremendous. Yeah he had his run ins with players/parents, but what coach doesn't?

Wonder who the next coach will be. Nick Fuher?

• Upvote 1

You are such loser...bad-mouthing such a decent guy.

How bout you ask a guy like Dennis Johnson what he thinks about Bina as a coach. I graduated from Central but didn't have enough spirit to try out for the cheer team. I was also too busy being a 4 sport athlete.

Sorry....but it's not too hard to be a four sport athelete in GF (especially for Central).

You know, I think Hakstol is doing a good job of bringing in great talent. That's tough to do, but let's face it...easier when you have the tradition and the finest facilities in the college hockey world, if not hockey itself.

Winning it all can be difficult under the current format, even for a team with great talent like UND has year to year under Hakstol. But, again, let's face it...even a broken watch tell the correct time twice a day. It probably should have happened by now with this level of talent, facilities, etc... ( I was going to say the sun shines on a sleeping dog's a$$.etc....but, you get the ;point...)

I'm not saying that Hakstol should be canned. I am saying he should be under scrutiny.

• Upvote 1

Well good. I'm glad that got you to your senses.

Funny how you can be all over a local high school coach while giving hell to anyone who suggests Mussman has done a less than stellar job at UND so far (kick the f'ing field goal Muss)

Funny how you can be all over a local high school coach while giving hell to anyone who suggests Mussman has done a less than stellar job at UND so far (kick the f'ing field goal Muss)

Funny how a coach like Bina has so much more support on this board than Hakstol. One word about the guy not being a good coach and people come out of the wood work to defend his immense coaching prowess.

Never have I said mussman has been stellar. I have, however, been realistic with the situation he was handed. I recognized that he had multiple decks stacked against him and he was a first time head coach. I disagreed with that call but I understood it in theory much like that call a few yeras ago by Bellichick with the patriots at the colts going for it on 4th and one with a lead in their own end. Sometimes coaches out coach themselves. And some times coaches just aren't good.

I'd actually say lettering in four sports is very hard- impossible if one is hockey.

Oh I never did....I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard. If you're a half decent athlete in GF you can letter in multiple sports. Where I grew up (south side of GF) we played hockey, baseball, golf, etc. We dominated football until we focused more on hockey. I'm guessing if we stuck with it we would have easily been on the football team too. The best athletes my age all played hockey and focused solely on hockey. The other sports were simply to have fun...nothing serious. You should have seen the guys playing football for our varsity team....borderline athletes at best.