SiouxSports.com Forum

Through these doors

Frozen4sioux

I want to give the guys who do the Through These Doors show some more credit.

It is an absolutely great production.

Hennessey doing the commentary is awesome...

Video is awesome

Just great...

Thank you

Those guys work pretty hard on that show, Credit should be given to David and Eric...

• 1 month later...

By far the best Through These Doors to date. These guys play hard for each other and they play hard for the fans that support them. Makes you proud to be a fan of this team. So glad that I was born in this town to be able to watch and cheer for this team throughout the years!! Bleed Green!!!!

This weeks episode was able to capture so much more than words or thoughts but the true ingrained sense of excellence and tradition in the program.

But at the same time just scratching the surface of what that deep pool of tradition is...while still giving the outside observer a full realization of greatness and how grand the scope of the program is in the lives of not only the players but of us all, as fans and as a fiercly passionate community.

The levels that this production has achieved in quality is astonishing.....

Through these doors walk champions..........

The folk who put this together have become those champions

Champions of the program, the tradition, the love, and legacy that is FIGHTING SIOUX Hockey.

• Upvote 1

Pretty cool what Corban says right away. I remember when he visited GF, it was the gopher series that weekend. I was changing planes from Phoenix and he was I'm guessing changing planes from Canada. Glad he chose UND! Kristo and Knight 4 Hobey

After watching this episode, I had some thoughts about this program. Gleason said that when we win the city celebrates. I want to amend that statement and I hope someone would get this information to him. When the Sioux win, the state celebrates. I am also thinking that we should stay as North Dakota for a team name. This would be unique and it is the best way to keep our tie to what we are. WE ARE NORTH DAKOTA.

After watching this episode, I had some thoughts about this program. Gleason said that when we win the city celebrates. I want to amend that statement and I hope someone would get this information to him. When the Sioux win, the state celebrates. I am also thinking that we should stay as North Dakota for a team name. This would be unique and it is the best way to keep our tie to what we are. WE ARE NORTH DAKOTA.

Ageed I would rather not have a nickname because we will always be the SIOUX and that would really help keep the SIOUX name passed down through generations even if it isn't recognized by the NCAA.

These guys really do a great job with through these doors and every week I can't wait to check out the next episode.

Thank you for this awesome production! I can't wait until Friday mornings when I can fire up the computer and see "Through these doors". This one was extra special and I don't think I had a dry eye throughout it. Thank you Seniors for the great memories and your contribution to the greatest program in college hockey. You will always be FOREVER SIOUX!!!!!

The one thing about this production that is so awesome that I have not seen mentioned is the music. It fits so perfect and really makes a person connect with the topic. That opening music just makes the whole thing for me. Awesome job! Thanks Seniors, now lets go get #8!

They took the whole HBO hard knocks approach with the music and the music also reminds me of the movie Friday Night Lights! Then adding TH was the icing on the cake. Outstanding job by the production team! This isn't easy stuff.

Ageed I would rather not have a nickname because we will always be the SIOUX and that would really help keep the SIOUX name passed down through generations even if it isn't recognized by the NCAA.

We call ourselves Sioux fans. We are known and referred to as 'Sioux fans" and we always will be. So Sioux fans is our name. WE are the Sioux and we are many and we are proud and we as a group are great! And we need NO recognition from the NCAA. We just need to keep it up, stick together and pass it on.

• Upvote 1

Were any of the Seniors there?

No. Hakstol said that he did not want to ask any of them to break their game day routine. He followed that up by saying if possible, he would like to have all six of them come and speak at a luncheon when the season is over.

Any other news or interesting stuff from Hak?

Not off the top of my head. Happy how the team has grown in the last month. Last Friday's loss can be partially blamed on some self-inflicted mistakes. Spoke very highly of the group of seniors. Overall, nothing that stuck out taht I can remember. He was pretty brief today. Tom Serratore stole the show and was quite entertaining.