SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

There is a way that I can defend the knee. It was worthy of two minutes in the box but nothing more above and beyond that.

Let's put it this way, You're favorite Bruins forward Milan Lucic checks the almight Sidney Crosby the same way, you're going to be cool with it?

You don't think he was an upgrade over Halak?

Downgrade

Before the trade:

Halak 29-9-4(OT) 4 shutouts .917 SV% 2.23 GAA (Blues)

Miller 15-22-3(OT) no shutouts .923 SV% 2.72 GAA (Sabers)

Elliott 18-6-2(OT) 4 shutouts .922SV% 1.96 GAA

Elliott should have been playing in the playoffs over Miller.

• Upvote 1

5-1 doesn't sound boring to me.

Blues couldn't capitalize on all the PP they had in the 2nd.

GO HAWKS!!!

Who's next.

No doubt for Hawks fans, but the OT winners were more exciting. Thought it might be the year for Oshie and Porter to get their names on the cup. Blues have losing down to an art. And the Hawks are good and should win it again

Downgrade

Before the trade:

You can't compare Miller's numbers with the Sabres to Halak's with the Blues...Buffalo was dreadful this year.

Well, considering you've been a "die-hard" Blackhawks fan for about, oh, I'm gonna guess 5-6 years now, your comment shouldn't be surprising...

Born & raised in Chicago, MM. Went to my first game when I was 9 & have been a fan ever since.

Not sure where you are coming from. Just because I don't have 5000 posts doesn't mean I haven't been around here for a while.

Probably as long or longer than most.

• Upvote 1

Miller sucks, such a dumb trade by the Blues to get him.

I definitely don't think the guy sucks....however that trade was a huge head scratcher. Both Elliot and halak were doing great for the blues. They gave up a ton for him.

• Upvote 1

Downgrade

Before the trade:

That's a stretch, Elliott is solid but got much easier matchups being a backup for almost the whole year.

Born & raised in Chicago, MM. Went to my first game when I was 9 & have been a fan ever since.

Not sure where you are coming from. Just because I don't have 5000 posts doesn't mean I haven't been around here for a while.

Probably as long or longer than most.

My apologies then, I give you credit for being a long-time Blackhawks fan.

And I'd be willing to bet you weren't a Redwings fan before the mid 1990's...

I've been a Red Wings fan since I was old enough to know the difference between a basketball and a puck...Yzerman wasn't on the team yet, Joe Louis Arena was a morgue even on game day, and the team was known as the "Dead Things," not the "Red Wings."

I have been a die hard Wild fan off and on for a few years now...............

Born in rural ND. First Wild game at X was 9 years ago. Thought when I heard they had a guy named Fernandez that he got lost on his way from the Twins dugout, pulled out eyebrows watchin Jacq's teams, loved it when they got Cullen, was exited when they plunked down close to $200M on 2 guys, would love to see their season end vs. CHI...not the Avs.

Here is another example : 2005-06 Oilers over Red Wings in the 1st round. The Red Wings (with 124 points that season to Edmonton's 95) were the better team, but Edmonton overachieved and found a way to play a better series than Detroit. I still don't think they were a better team, because if they were a better team they would have certainly compiled a better record over the course of the entire season.

In Detroit's defense, Dave, captain Steve Yzerman was hurt in game 3 of that series and barely played in the two overtime loss, then didn't play at all in games 4 or 5. In addition, Manny Legace stirred up his own goalie controversy by publicly stating before the series that if Detroit was eliminated, he would not be returning as a Red Wing the next season.

Not making excuses, but that Red Wings team was primed to be upset by Edmonton.

How old are you? Old enough to remember following the NHL before the Wild existed? If so, you must have had another team you liked before the Wild. If that is the case, I question how you can be a die hard Wild fan. Not picking on you individually, that goes for anybody who supports a team that didn't exist when you were a child.

Sarcasm use to be a lot easier to get before the smileys turned up everywhere.

Couldn't stand them when they were invented & still can't.

• Upvote 1

born and raised in western nd, been a hawks fan since mid 80's. saw first hawks game in march of 94 in old chicago stadium. but my question is why are their far more goal reviews in college than nhl? it seems like darn near every goal in college is reviewed.

If they were the best team in hockey that year they would have been a #1 seed. They were the best team in hockey in April and May that year, not the entire season. In other words, as I said before, they were the team that got hot at the right time.

Here is another example : 2005-06 Oilers over Red Wings in the 1st round. The Red Wings (with 124 points that season to Edmonton's 95) were the better team, but Edmonton overachieved and found a way to play a better series than Detroit. I still don't think they were a better team, because if they were a better team they would have certainly compiled a better record over the course of the entire season.

Dave, I know what you're doing. you come on this board to get a rise out of people....I get it.

Yes they got hot at the end of the season, much of that probably had to do with them being a "put together team". Anyone who watched the playoffs that year realized that they were the better team in everyone of their series. That's all I was trying to say. I was more noting that the difference between a one and done format vs a seven game series is that the better team comes out on time much more often (almost always...real time). It had nothing to do with their regular season.

The regular season is just a tool to seed for the playoffs...once the playoffs begin you pretty much throw out the regular season.

• Upvote 2

NHL really hurt me when the North Stars left and the Jets left. Those were my teams as a kid. Obviously by my moniker you can tell I was a Stevie Y fan, and while not a true Wings fan, I pulled for Stevie. I also remained a Selanne, Zhamnov, and Tkachuk fan as they journeyed. Am a Hawks fan cause of Toewser. Little bit Blues fan cause of Osh. Love Parise, but Wild under Lemaire turned me off so badly that I struggle pulling for them- I go to a few games a year,but have never fallen in love with the Wild...I really think the relocating of teams crushed my fandom.

• Upvote 1

NHL really hurt me when the North Stars left and the Jets left. Those were my teams as a kid. Obviously by my moniker you can tell I was a Stevie Y fan, and while not a true Wings fan, I pulled for Stevie. I also remained a Selanne, Zhamnov, and Tkachuk fan as they journeyed. Am a Hawks fan cause of Toewser. Little bit Blues fan cause of Osh. Love Parise, but Wild under Lemaire turned me off so badly that I struggle pulling for them- I go to a few games a year,but have never fallen in love with the Wild...I really think the relocating of teams crushed my fandom.

Completely agree. The Wild will never be the North Stars and Jets 2.0 is not the red white and royal blue of the original Jets.

I also remained a Selanne, Zhamnov, and Tkachuk fan as they journeyed.

That fact that Selanne is still playing at age 43 is amazing. Jagr is 42.... The 1980's and 1990's were an awesome era for the NHL. I remember watching the Islanders win four cups and then the Oilers lead by Mark Messyhair and the Great one win four cups themselves. Then the Great one went to L.A. and the Oilers ended up winning one more cup without him.

Only being a pro hockey fan for a few yrs

I don't know hardly anyone on these other teams

I do know I hate dallass & texass & I love ducks so I guess I'm for them

& After saying that the ducks win