SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs CC

AZSIOUX

Odonnell hasn't impressed me the least bit so far with the Sioux. I honestly have barely even noticed him. However, he's not a 3rd or 4th line player.....but from what I've seen he's not a 1st or 2nd liner either....I've been pretty confused with all the hype I've seen in this forum regarding him. Hopefully he picks it up.

This^^^^^…all of it.

If I had to pick a player that needs to play nightly between Mitch Mac ( limited sample) ODonnell or Gaarder, it's Gaarder. Some kids are just "hockey" players and he's one of em.

O'Donnell has more skill and speed. He is consistently in position and seems to be close to breaking out. I liked the chances the BC line had. They will score some goals.

Gaarder had a ridiculous game against BU and a good game against Holy Cross. Other than that, he has been a grinder. I do like him though.

Remember hockey is a collision sport, and it is likely that we will get banged up. It is nice to have this problem.

I don't read any hype on odonnell? I think many have stated he needs to step it up including coach Hakstol earlier this year. I think we will find out a lot this stretch on what type of player he is. Some roles change from juniors but sometimes it takes time to figure it out. Kozek and Watkins brought in big bchl numbers and were much different players than expected. Odonnell does need to pick it up and finish a play for once !

This^^^^^…all of it.

If I had to pick a player that needs to play nightly between Mitch Mac ( limited sample) ODonnell or Gaarder, it's Gaarder. Some kids are just "hockey" players and he's one of em.

I play Rocco with those 2 way before gaarder but who knows what these lines will look like friday. Gaarder rowney cag maybe

Rocco with Caggiula and Rowney is a big time scoring line. Heavy horsepower second line for sure. You don't break that up.

I think Hak is banking on the BC line being able to be a consistent threat as well, with the big bet being that Mark Mac is a strong enough offensive player to build a scoring line around him. I think he is, and I think we saw some pretty good chemistry on that line last weekend.

We have four lines that can play- that means that opponents can't take a single shift off.

Rocco with Caggiula and Rowney is a big time scoring line. Heavy horsepower second line for sure. You don't break that up.

I think Hak is banking on the BC line being able to be a consistent threat as well, with the big bet being that Mark Mac is a strong enough offensive player to build a scoring line around him. I think he is, and I think we saw some pretty good chemistry on that line last weekend.

We have four lines that can play- that means that opponents can't take a single shift off.

The Rowney line will be dynamite.

With the BC line, you are banking a kid, Mitch, who hasn't played in a year + who didn't do much when he did play last year and another, ODonnell, who hasn't done really anything since he got to UND. Agree Mark is the real deal at center but he is a set up guy in that role from what I've seen. Going to need wings to score.

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Gaarder and he is one of those kids who gives you everything he's got. Some nights are better than others but as a fan you notice him when he's out there. I rarely notice ODonnell.

The Rowney line will be dynamite.

With the BC line, you are banking a kid, Mitch, who hasn't played in a year + who didn't do much when he did play last year and another, ODonnell, who hasn't done really anything since he got to UND. Agree Mark is the real deal at center but he is a set up guy in that role from what I've seen. Going to need wings to score.

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Gaarder and he is one of those kids who gives you everything he's got. Some nights are better than others but as a fan you notice him when he's out there. I rarely notice ODonnell.

I think we all like gaarder but not sure where he fits. If he's with BC then I hope he succeeds but not sure if that's where he can succeed

Rowney cag and Rocco is nice!

Mitch laid a big time hit on a guy and also made a nice play to steal the puck and get a real quality scoring chance. I thought he put on a good effort. Especially for not being in game shape.

You rarely notice O'Donnell stand out. What u see when u take notice to watch him specifically is a guy who is always positionally sound. Guys who do that, well, the puck eventually finds them. Remember, he was leading his class in goals before he got hurt last year.

Gaarder is a gamer. He's got great compete, and he isn't afraid to get dirty. I just don't think he is fast enough or skilled enough to crack the top 9. Although, I'm sure he has heard that every place he's played, and he continues to play.

My guess is O'Donnell looks great in practice, but just hasn't been able to put it together on fri/sat night.

Practices will be intense.

Mitch laid a big time hit on a guy and also made a nice play to steal the puck and get a real quality scoring chance. I thought he put on a good effort. Especially for not being in game shape.

You rarely notice O'Donnell stand out. What u see when u take notice to watch him specifically is a guy who is always positionally sound. Guys who do that, well, the puck eventually finds them. Remember, he was leading his class in goals before he got hurt last year.

Gaarder is a gamer. He's got great compete, and he isn't afraid to get dirty. I just don't think he is fast enough or skilled enough to crack the top 9. Although, I'm sure he has heard that every place he's played, and he continues to play.

My guess is O'Donnell looks great in practice, but just hasn't been able to put it together on fri/sat night.

Practices will be intense.

Agree, I would guess that O'Donnell has more goals than Frattin did at this stage of his career, especially when he missed the second half of last season, which is valuable time for any freshman in the learning curve. Having that playoff run under his belt last year would have been huge for him. It would be interesting to look back and see what people said about Frattin and Malone early in their career.

Agree, I would guess that O'Donnell has more goals than Frattin did at this stage of his career, especially when he missed the second half of last season, which is valuable time for any freshman in the learning curve. Having that playoff run under his belt last year would have been huge for him. It would be interesting to look back and see what people said about Frattin and Malone early in their career.

Even without early production at UND, you could tell Frattin and Malone had "it". I wouldn't put ODonnell is that bucket.

Now watch him put up a 4 point weekend. ;)

I'm always leery of a series like this...decent opponent who nobody is really talking about because everybody is looking at the Gopher series next week...easy to come in without much emotion and be a little sluggish early. Hopefully the focus is there from the first faceoff.

I'm always leery of a series like this...decent opponent who nobody is really talking about because everybody is looking at the Gopher series next week...easy to come in without much emotion and be a little sluggish early. Hopefully the focus is there from the first faceoff.

couldn't agree more, this series scares me a little. we have to be able to finish this weekend, which we have had some troubles doing this year.

What's funny is we haven't lost since 11/30 and CC hasn't won since 11/30 (against us). I was aware they were struggling but I didn't realize it was this bad. They have also given up a ton of goals...hopefully their confidence is free-falling and we get a needed sweep.

Doesn't sound like the weather forecast is going to do those of us driving back and forth for the series any favors!

Have you heard when the storm is to hit? I am driving up from the Twin Cities, but not leaving until noon. I hope to make there by 6:30, even if I have to drive slow. Let us know what they are predicting up there. Thanks!

Chance of freezing rain later tomorrow turning to snow Friday. Heaviest snow late Friday w increasing winds. 3-6" Fargo 4-8" GF...as of now

So when does a team like CC get into town for a weekend series? Would they come a day earlier to make sure they beat the weather?