SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - Friday

AZSIOUX

And we tie.

I know that I should be happy with a tie considering our play at times...but I am not and I am sorry, Hammer, the boys had better not be happy with it either.

The reality is we were probably fortunate to get the tie, for a struggling team on the road they sure peppered Saunders.

I was suprised to see UMD with so many shots, but when you go back there weren't a whole lot of quality shots. I thought there were some bright spots for UND like the jump from Kristo tonight and the offense looked to get going a little bit, but we looked horrible in our own zone tonight. Just a lot of running around instead of playing your position and doing your own job and too many bad turnovers. I thought Saunders was a little shaky in net tonight as well and while I am definitely not happy about the tie will have to do. Hopefully the guys come out quick tomorrow nigh and put a lot of pressure on UMD and I think that is what will happen and we will take 3 out of 4 points from this weekend.

I thought our offense was good enough to win but boy does our defense need work. I know it is a work in progress but putting up that many shots does not = good defensive play. Berry has his work cut out for him and I am sure he will get it under control.

Hey Saunders - what does it feel like to play behind 6 drafted defensemen? Hard to say - he sees the same amount of rubber. I am very tired of the Sioux mailing it in until after Christmas - there are enough veterans on this team to have a decent start and play up to our talent.

I've always liked Gleeson, but he might as well shoot one in our goal each game.

Nobody has said it yet, but so far I am not impressed with what Barry brings to the table. Our defense has been worse than ever this year. When Guenzel joined the goofs he made an immediate positive impact. Expected the same from Barry although we were starting from a much better pace.

Nobody has said it yet, but so far I am not impressed with what Barry brings to the table. Our defense has been worse than ever this year. When Guenzel joined the goofs he made an immediate positive impact. Expected the same from Barry although we were starting from a much better pace.

Yup, you said what a lot of people were thinking. Glad that elephant in the room was talked about.