SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - Friday

AZSIOUX

One thing this team would like to have is Nelson...Brock Nelson was a true goal scorer and was a better 2 way player than given credit for. His departure IMO was one of the biggest losses to a UND team in awhile when one takes into account the totality of the situation.

I'm surprised more people didn't see this coming at the beginning of the season. This is just the way Hak teams play in the first half of the season. I'm always prepared for a first half stinker. I used to doubt Hakstol like everyone else with his slow starts but after last year, with a depleted roster, finishing the way they did I refuse to doubt him. This team will be playing its best hockey in the second half. I guarantee it. FYI, the 2010-11 team started 5-4-1 through the first ten games. Tonight will be game ten for us and we are 4-3-2 right now.

Yup, great point here. The team is struggling in areas right now but they did start the season out with 2 single game exhibition weekends which isn't the best test to learn how to play as a team. I also refuse to doubt Hak and turn on him for a tie even though I too was very disappointed we didn't win. Hopefuly a decisive win tonight will change some "fans" attitudes on here.

Yup, great point here. The team is struggling in areas right now but they did start the season out with 2 single game exhibition weekends which isn't the best test to learn how to play as a team. I also refuse to doubt Hak and turn on him for a tie even though I too was very disappointed we didn't win. Hopefuly a decisive win tonight will change some "fans" attitudes on here.

Hak got rid of Eades and hand picked Berry. 9 games in Berry should have made more of a positive impact than he has IMO. Things will turn the corner. Just surprised it's been this slow to happen especially w all the high end talent on the blue line.

Hak got rid of Eades and hand picked Berry. 9 games in Berry should have made more of a positive impact than he has IMO. Things will turn the corner. Just surprised it's been this slow to happen especially w all the high end talent on the blue line.

Last year we were 3-6-1 through 10 games, if we win tonight we'll be 5-3-2 including 2 shutouts, I'd take that over last year with Eades even if you don't like how the D is progressing.

Last year we were 3-6-1 through 10 games, if we win tonight we'll be 5-3-2 including 2 shutouts, I'd take that over last year with Eades even if you don't like how the D is progressing.

Our D isn't progressing...yet. Worst it's been in years to date. Saunders has covered up for alot of miscues. If we win tonight 5-3-2 will have little to do w our overall D. Point is Hak brought in a NHL defensive guru who inheritated NHL draft picks and so far what should be the backbone of this team is easily it's weakness.

And when I say D I mean the teams overall defense including forwards. Not just the d men. The whole team D needs to tighten up but this team will be fine. That hit on Rocco was dangerous and sure glad he got back out there! Big 2 points tonight!

i dont understand the no call on rocco when the badge player barely touched haula

Haula- Minnesota

Grimaldi- North Dakota

I rest my case, yea I'm probly wearing green glasses lol. I shouldn't say anything cuz I didn't see the hit on either player.

Does anyone else think Grimaldi should just go to the net instead of stopping right after the blue line and waiting to set up a pass, unless its on the PP?

IMO MacMillan has flurished since he has moved to center. I'd swap him and Rocco.

I agree that MacMillan has played really well at center of late. I do think he is a skilled enough player to be the offensive creator on a line. I just hate to stack a line so heavily...although it would give the Dogs fits...

Haula- Minnesota

Grimaldi- North Dakota

I rest my case, yea I'm probly wearing green glasses lol. I shouldn't say anything cuz I didn't see the hit on either player.

Does anyone else think Grimaldi should just go to the net instead of stopping right after the blue line and waiting to set up a pass, unless its on the PP?

Absolutely, every time he hits the blue line on the rush, his feet stop moving and he looks for a rush. Go to the net hard, with his speed he will at least draw a penalty more often than not.

I'm a Berry fan all the way. Extremely glad he came back to Grand Forks. But when the unit you were hand picked to coach has a night like Friday night.....Had Saunders not been sharp they could have given up 8 goals.

I have faith in Berry. He'll get the unit turned around.