SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Bison football to play at the Alerus Center!!!!

Siouxperfan7

Westhope/Newburg/Glenburn Sioux will play the Hazen Bison in the Class A Football Championship on Friday at the Alerus Center!!

Were you expecting something else??!! :lol:

You sneaky bastard, I'll admit I was thinking you heard something about a game in a few years.

Well played.

I looked at a map and the school is NOT on the rez so how come they can be the Sioux? The closest rez to them is the Turtle Mountain band of Chippewas.

Simple. the NDHSAA allows their member schools to decide if their names for their athletic teams are appropriate. Personal responsibility by each school. Seems like a pretty simple concept to me!

Simple. the NDHSAA allows their member schools to decide if their names for their athletic teams are appropriate. Personal responsibility by each school. Seems like a pretty simple concept to me!

Blasphemy. Its hostile and abusive. They'd better make them wear uniforms that don't say Sioux on them, or the Alerus center may collapse.

The GF school board must have had some pressure to change all the Indian nicknames of their schools.