SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Regular season=small potatoes. Its all about Pittsburgh. I'll send you guys a postcard. :-) Honestly though, some people on here need to lighten up. Im at a bar in st cloud just having fun. Cant wait to see and mix with all the NoDak fans when they come to the big city for the final five. Just remember that snowmobiles are not acceptable on our city streets. The weather should be warm enough by then so put away your Arctic cat jackets as well.

You're thinking of Duluth fans. :lol:

-MTU crushes UAA, 6-1, after UAA's big comeback win last night.

-Quinnipiac still rolling.

-An easy way for Notre Dame to get back on track with a couple wins? Play a series against Michigan.

-Wisconsin beats BSU 3-2.

-MSUM crushes UMD, 5-1. Mavs were 3/6 on the PP and Hayes got a hatty.

Regular season=small potatoes. Its all about Pittsburgh. I'll send you guys a postcard. :-) Honestly though, some people on here need to lighten up. Im at a bar in st cloud just having fun. Cant wait to see and mix with all the NoDak fans when they come to the big city for the final five. Just remember that snowmobiles are not acceptable on our city streets. The weather should be warm enough by then so put away your Arctic cat jackets as well.

I'm going to laugh when UMN gets ousted in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA's and then we don't see you here again until 2016 when the teams meet again. :)

Just remember that snowmobiles are not acceptable on our city streets. The weather should be warm enough by then so put away your Arctic cat jackets as well.

Typical banter from someone who probably lives a mile from the old Diamond's Sports Bar in Ramsey...

Nope i live in mpls so ill admit im a city snob. And brian ive been lurking message boards since their inception and youre my all time fave because you're so damn level headed, friendly, logical, objective, and non confrontational it makes me sick! Will you just for once say something obnoxious?

And brian ive been lurking message boards since their inception and youre my all time fave because you're so damn level headed, friendly, logical, objective, and non confrontational it makes me sick! Will you just for once say something obnoxious?

The Saint Cloud State Huskies will win the 2012-2013 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey National Championship.

Since the rodents won't be in Pittsburg from what golf course are you going to send the postcard from?

Nope i live in mpls so ill admit im a city snob. And brian ive been lurking message boards since their inception and youre my all time fave because you're so damn level headed, friendly, logical, objective, and non confrontational it makes me sick! Will you just for once say something obnoxious?

Minneapolis or which burb? There is a big difference.

Brian is a Dick. When he has the perfect opportunity to shove it down a throat......nothing....just logical hockey based intellect.

Anyways. I just did the what if calculator and this is the way it will finish in the WCHA. Not sure what the tiebreakers sit at.....but here is the totals:

UMN-39 PTS

SCSU-39 PTS

UND-36 PTS

Denver-33 PTS

Mankato-33 PTS

Omaha-32 PTS

Bucky-29 PTS

CC-26 PTS

Duluth-24 PTS

Tech-18 PTS

BSU-15 PTS

Anchorage-12 PTS

Would not want to be anything less than the third seed this season. Definitely some toss up series there with the 4 vs. 9, 5 vs. 8, 6 vs. 7.

Not at all worried about the Gophers right now. Minnesota was far better than SCSU all weekend. Last night SCSU capitalized on about every single opportunity they had and Minnesota didn't on many of their chances, simple as that. It's a long season and games like that will happen.

They got a 5 point lead on us but Minnesota has 2 games in hand on the entire conference, so it's possible they may only have a one point lead on Minnesota once we get those 2 games back. This is going to be a hell of a time in the final run for the mac!

Like Wilbur said, getting in the top two or 3 this year is huge for the WCHA first round because after those bottom three the conference is usually an anybody can beat anybody on any given night type of thing.

The Final Five could be pretty awesome this year. I'd love to see Min, UND, SCSU, Mankato and whomever else at the Final Five.

Have you been there the last five years? Anyone one can win 1-12.........

Go SIOUX!

There hasn't been an 11 or 12 seed to advance to the Final Five in the past five seasons. In fact, only one 1 or 2 seed has even lost a game in the opening round (2008 North Dakota in the Saturday game 3-2 in 2OT against Michigan Tech).

2006 was the last time a bottom-two seed defeated a top-two seed - #9 UMD defeated #2 Denver.

EDIT: 2008, 2009, and 2010 would have been 9 and 10 vs 1 and 2, respectively. 11's and 12's came into play in 2011.

Blow-out city: BC wins 6-0.

BC hasn't been playing that great lately 4-5-1 including the loss to minny. Throw in its been 25 years ill take NE +1.5 goals and take my chances. Also will take BC money line as well so hope NE can make it a game. Screw BC and their ugly colors but NE is pretty bad this season so 6-0 isn't a crazy guess :)

Not at all worried about the Gophers right now. Minnesota was far better than SCSU all weekend. Last night SCSU capitalized on about every single opportunity they had and Minnesota didn't on many of their chances, simple as that. It's a long season and games like that will happen.

They got a 5 point lead on us but Minnesota has 2 games in hand on the entire conference, so it's possible they may only have a one point lead on Minnesota once we get those 2 games back. This is going to be a hell of a time in the final run for the mac!

Like Wilbur said, getting in the top two or 3 this year is huge for the WCHA first round because after those bottom three the conference is usually an anybody can beat anybody on any given night type of thing.

The Final Five could be pretty awesome this year. I'd love to see Min, UND, SCSU, Mankato and whomever else at the Final Five.

I would have to agree. Watched a good bit of the Gophers/Huskies series and I thought the Gophers were the better team both nights. I think St. Cloud might have a couple more highly skilled guys but as Lou Nanne once said....physicality is also a skill...... and it is something the Gophers have added over the last couple years due in no part I am sure to being pushed around by UND for the preceeding 3-4 years.