SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona Attendance

Matt

After the Poly loss, I wish there were a home game this week rather than being an underdog on the road. It's nice to have homecoming to boost attendance after what may be a 2 game skid. Anyone have usual homecoming attendance stats?

I'm coming all the way from wild wild williston for both NAU and the Griz, so +1 on both those... I think its just going to take time for attendance to be consistently greater. Football attendance is compared often to hockey on this board, but I think that's pretty unfair to compare to a program which is at the pinnacle of it's league, has the history it has, and has a venue like it has. Football will never have a Ralph type stadium. We could say outdoor would be cool, but that's not going to happen in the near future. If the athletic department keeps up the current promotions it will eventually pick up, it just doesn't happen over night. Besides in-game/pre-game videos and stuff like that, I don't know what else they can do to promote football. It will just just time and word of mouth for people to realize the games are a great time and a great value.

Now if they'd sell standing room tickets for the concourse...