SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 EWU

geaux_sioux

I wouldn't mind a coach like Kelly from Notre Dame. The guy is up 34-3 and he's still flaming mad when his team takes a delay of game penalty. Not going to lie, I love it when he chews out some broken hearted college kid who just messed up. ;)

Is anyone shocked at the utter lack of heart and player leadership on this team? Last year the team had 10 times the heart of these guys and it showed. Goska couldn't throw a spiral but he was a leader. Hendrickson was the heart and soul of the defense. The team had an attitude, this year we look like some cupcake Pac 12 school in terms of physicality and heart. The coaches should show some film of NDSU to the team as an example of how the game is supposed to be played. Sure they're NDSU and I couldn't hate them more than I do, but they care so much more about how they play. It sickens me because you can see it in the body language and in the eyes of the players. They will do anything to win or even get on the field for that matter. Out team, D especially plays as if they deserve to be there and don't need to give every ounce of their soul to secure a win. The players should be doing everything possible to guarantee a win and that starts with effort. I'm a glass half full kind of guy for my teams but I really don't like what I saw tonight. It's gut check time, and don't expect a big crowd next week because nobody wants to watch that crap that I sat through tonight.

• Upvote 1

This was as painful a game as I have seen UND play since the 1980s. UND will certainly do what it takes to establish themselves as a good program in the Big Sky, but the next month of football could be painful to watch. The defense had some moments of brilliance, but very often showed plain poor technique. Does anyone in the secondary like to hit people? It sure doesn't seem like it.

This was as painful a game as I have seen UND play since the 1980s. UND will certainly do what it takes to establish themselves as a good program in the Big Sky, but the next month of football could be painful to watch. The defense had some moments of brilliance, but very often showed plain poor technique. Does anyone in the secondary like to hit people? It sure doesn't seem like it.

If I were coach Mannausau I'd be desperate to get some play out of the D..... they could cost him his job, Mussman's too for that matter

Is anyone shocked at the utter lack of heart and player leadership on this team? Last year the team had 10 times the heart of these guys and it showed. Goska couldn't throw a spiral but he was a leader. Hendrickson was the heart and soul of the defense. The team had an attitude, this year we look like some cupcake Pac 12 school in terms of physicality and heart. The coaches should show some film of NDSU to the team as an example of how the game is supposed to be played. Sure they're NDSU and I couldn't hate them more than I do, but they care so much more about how they play. It sickens me because you can see it in the body language and in the eyes of the players. They will do anything to win or even get on the field for that matter. Out team, D especially plays as if they deserve to be there and don't need to give every ounce of their soul to secure a win. The players should be doing everything possible to guarantee a win and that starts with effort. I'm a glass half full kind of guy for my teams but I really don't like what I saw tonight. It's gut check time, and don't expect a big crowd next week because nobody wants to watch that crap that I sat through tonight.

Agree about the lack of intensity and effort. You see it on both sides of the ball. Players not finishing blocks, D backs not hitting people. The opposing teams running backs know that if they can stay on their feet, they can make a big play because the defensive pursuit won't be there.

I am not impressed that the coaching staff hasn't been able to inspire and demand better effort.

I wouldn't mind a coach like Kelly from Notre Dame. The guy is up 34-3 and he's still flaming mad when his team takes a delay of game penalty. Not going to lie, I love it when he chews out some broken hearted college kid who just messed up. ;)

As a Notre Dame fan, Kelly reminds me of Bohl. Threw a fit when we screwed up late in the game against Colorado State. If the coach preaches nothing less than perfection, good things can happen.

Kelly is just the ***hole Notre Dame needs. But like I said, UND will be fine. Getting aclimated to bigtime football isn't easy(my boys success down south here doesn't help y'all) but it will happen. Happy you guys lost, figured it'd be closer though, stay safe.

I don't know if I agree so much with the idea of a lack of heart, leadership, or effort. What I saw tonight was more a lack of talent on North Dakota's side of the line of scrimmage as opposed to EWU's..............

I don't know if I agree so much with the idea of a lack of heart, leadership, or effort. What I saw tonight was more a lack of talent on North Dakota's side of the line of scrimmage as opposed to EWU's..............

UND's entire football team didn't all of a sudden turn into Helen Keller, there are plenty of players who can play. There is talent on D, just no heart. You tackle with your heart.

i feel so bad for marcus it makes me sick...starts out with a nice td drive and his reward? take a seat for a guy that can hardly run?

when i saw merseroux in the hole one on one on ew's second drive and he madee almost no effort to tackle their rb his ass should have been on the sideline for the rest of the game...

problem i have with the last few games is that the opposing coaches have obviously watched some film and made some changes to where we have'nt thrown a td pass in nine quarters yet it seems like our coaches aren't doing anything to keep opposing coaches on their toes?

• Upvote 1

Worst loss of the Mussman era, IMHO.

It was a bad loss to be sure, but I don't think it comes anywhere close to the loss to Sioux Falls as far as Mussman's resume goes.

Losses happen, and some of them can be blow-outs. I remember Central Washington embarrassing us in our own place 9 or 10 years ago by a wide margin.

North Dakota simply ran into a team tonight that is a whole lot better than we are....................

i feel so bad for marcus it makes me sick...starts out with a nice td drive and his reward? take a seat for a guy that can hardly run?

I think that was the biggest frustration of the night for me (other than the terrible D) was how the QB situation was handed. I understand you want to give Hanson reps. I get that. Marcus lead a great first drive, his second drive was plagued with a drop pass. Then you yank him? The EWU tv guys had an absolute field day on this situation, they pretty much were like "what exactly is UND doing"

On a serious note, anybody hear anything on Goard? What exactly happened on that play?

• Upvote 1