SiouxSports.com Forum

Remaining Schedule

FSSD

I took a quick look at the remaining schedule and at this weeks Sagarin ratings. The remaining schedule is great with 4 of the 6 at home. Grand Forks has got to come out and enjoy UND/Big Sky football.

http://www.usatoday....garin/fbt12.htm

6) Eastern Washington 2-1 Oct 6th @EWU

10) Cal Poly 3-0 - Sept 29th @ GF

15) Montana 2-2 - Oct 20th @ GF

20) Northern Arizona 3-1 - Oct 13th @ GF

26) Southern Utah 2-2 - Noc 3rd @ GF

27) Montana St 4-0 - Oct 27th @ MSU

Last game of the year @UNC..

17) North Dakota 3-1

NOTE: I used the PREDICTOR score for the ranking order.

I see UND winning the home games (including Montana) and on the road a win at UNC but losses to MSU and EWU. So I hope they prove me wrong because 8-3 (7-3 in DI games) IMO isn't going to get us to the playoffs unless we win the conference. So either win the conference or go 8-2 in DI games....whatever it takes to get us to the playoffs.

I see UND winning the home games (including Montana) and on the road a win at UNC but losses to MSU and EWU. So I hope they prove me wrong because 8-3 (7-3 in DI games) IMO isn't going to get us to the playoffs unless we win the conference. So either win the conference or go 8-2 in DI games....whatever it takes to get us to the playoffs.

If UND finishes 8-3 - they will be a playoff team.

Looking like three of the four weakest teams UND doesn't get to play:

Idaho St, Weber St, and UCDavis. Only play N Colorado, and that's because we are permanent partners. Substitue ISU for EWU and UCDavis for Cal Poly and I really like the odds of UND coming out on top. But then again, a Big Sky championship can be earned the hard way with that schedule.

Because Cal Poly has such a weak schedule the rest of the way, it is absolutely mandatory that a loss be pinned on them now.

8-3 gets us in for sure.

8-3 has us at 7-3 in DI wins remember SD Mines doesn't count. UND would be on the big bubble if they finish 7-3 (lets call it that since Mines don't count) We can afford only 2 losses out of the 7 games remaining and its not going to be easy. Remember UND does have history problems winning at UNC (back in the DII days), UND has never won at HOME against SUU. Lets go for the conference title and not worry about if we are on a bubble or not.

8-3 has us at 7-3 in DI wins remember SD Mines doesn't count. UND would be on the big bubble if they finish 7-3 (lets call it that since Mines don't count) We can afford only 2 losses out of the 7 games remaining and its not going to be easy. Remember UND does have history problems winning at UNC (back in the DII days), UND has never won at HOME against SUU. Lets go for the conference title and not worry about if we are on a bubble or not.

I would guess that the team is going to take it one game at a time, and try to win each game individually. When they get down to the end of the season they will deal with the playoffs if they get a chance to go. A conference title is always one of the team goals at the beginning of the season and they will continue toward that goal until it is decided. The playoffs would also be one of the team goals at the beginning of the season. But I really don't think that the team is spending much time worrying about playoffs or bubbles at this point in the season. The next thing on the team's minds should be Cal Poly and stopping their running game.

I would guess that the team is going to take it one game at a time, and try to win each game individually. When they get down to the end of the season they will deal with the playoffs if they get a chance to go. A conference title is always one of the team goals at the beginning of the season and they will continue toward that goal until it is decided. The playoffs would also be one of the team goals at the beginning of the season. But I really don't think that the team is spending much time worrying about playoffs or bubbles at this point in the season. The next thing on the team's minds should be Cal Poly and stopping their running game.

Thats why they need to play every game like a playoff game...you lose you're done. Win the conference and you won't have to stress out about getting into the playoffs (can you imagine we are actually talking about playoffs). Seems like last year we just wanted a conference title, and now we are talking about bubble teams and getting into the playoffs. Pretty cool. We have arrived!!!

the home schedule seem alot more difficult that it did preseason. NAU, cal poly, and maybe even montana should be tough games.

Sac state showed that UND can be stopped, even if they couldn't do it all game, i think teams will get better at defending against us as the tape builds up and teams see more of what works. The radical shift in our offensive capability probably kept teams a little off guard and gave an edge to start the year.

Borderline playoff team at this point IMO. If the breaks line up the right way, it's certainly possible to be playing over thanksgiving.

the home schedule seem alot more difficult that it did preseason. NAU, cal poly, and maybe even montana should be tough games.

Sac state showed that UND can be stopped, even if they couldn't do it all game, i think teams will get better at defending against us as the tape builds up and teams see more of what works. The radical shift in our offensive capability probably kept teams a little off guard and gave an edge to start the year.

Borderline playoff team at this point IMO. If the breaks line up the right way, it's certainly possible to be playing over thanksgiving.

I agree. If I were an un-biased observer (which I am not), I'd pick the home team in the next 5 games.

But that was before I saw how atrocious North Dakota's run defense is. I doubt there will be any "comfortable" wins upcoming with Northern Arizona, Cal Poly, and Montana forthcoming. Prior to the season, I thought UND would have the edge in these 3 games, but I don't feel that way now. Only advantage is home field right now as far as I can see...............................

• 2 weeks later...

Just don't know what to make of this team.

There are 5 games left, and UND would have to win them all to make the playoffs. Chances of that are probably slim and none.

North Dakota handled SD Mines just like they should have. They over-acheived against SDSU.

I assumed they'd beat Portland St., but I was shocked at how it unfolded. PSU gashed the run defense, and that surprised me at the time. I chalked it up to the players being too amped up for the first Big Sky opponent, and shrugged off the sub-par run defense in that game because PSU was a new opponent who's M.O. is to run the ball down your throat.

Sac St. played out like I thought it would, but another bad performance by the run defense.

Prior to the season, I figured our best chance for a big win against a top Big Sky team would come against Cal Poly, because all they do is run the ball and we've always held them in check. Well, they smoked us...............

Prior to the season, I figured EWU would likely win comfortably against the Sioux. But that was assuming we'd have an anemic offense and poor pass defense like last season. As this season unfolded, I changed my tune this week and assumed we'd have a chance in a high scoring affair. But then we make a below average EWU rush offense look like Nebraska of the late 80's or early 90's. EWU is usually almost reluctant to run the ball, but against North Dakota they almost felt obligated to because it was so easy for them.

As far as the rest of the schedule goes....................maybe we have a chance against SUU and UNC? At this point I certainly can't expect us to hold NAU and Zach Baumen in check next week, or Montana the following week.

Just don't know what to make of this team.

There are 5 games left, and UND would have to win them all to make the playoffs. Chances of that are probably slim and none.

North Dakota handled SD Mines just like they should have. They over-acheived against SDSU.

I assumed they'd beat Portland St., but I was shocked at how it unfolded. PSU gashed the run defense, and that surprised me at the time. I chalked it up to the players being too amped up for the first Big Sky opponent, and shrugged off the sub-par run defense in that game because PSU was a new opponent who's M.O. is to run the ball down your throat.

Sac St. played out like I thought it would, but another bad performance by the run defense.

Prior to the season, I figured our best chance for a big win against a top Big Sky team would come against Cal Poly, because all they do is run the ball and we've always held them in check. Well, they smoked us...............

Prior to the season, I figured EWU would likely win comfortably against the Sioux. But that was assuming we'd have an anemic offense and poor pass defense like last season. As this season unfolded, I changed my tune this week and assumed we'd have a chance in a high scoring affair. But then we make a below average EWU rush offense look like Nebraska of the late 80's or early 90's. EWU is usually almost reluctant to run the ball, but against North Dakota they almost felt obligated to because it was so easy for them.

As far as the rest of the schedule goes....................maybe we have a chance against SUU and UNC? At this point I certainly can't expect us to hold NAU and Zach Baumen in check next week, or Montana the following week.

I watched the Montana at UNC game yesterday and was surprised at how UNC put of a real fight in the first half. I thing we are in trouble.

what happend to our offesne is other coaches watched film on us and analyzed it. When our coaches watchfilm they dont know what they are doing IMO. HOw can we keep getting burned on D??? 55 points? come on!

Because the penalty kill is too aggressive and the point man on power play holds on to the puck too much.

• 2 weeks later...

So..... technically we can still make the playoffs by winning the conference. For that to happen hell would have to freeze over and

EWU loses to PSU Davis SUU and Sac St

Poly loses to PSU Sac St NAU and Idaho St

NAU loses to SUU Idaho St UNC and Davis

Montana St loses to UND Montana and PSU

Davis loses to PSU

PSU loses to UNC

SUU loses to UND and Weber St

Montana loses to UND

UND loses to nobody

Odds of this happening are ridiculous to say the least, so you're sayin there's a chance?

So..... technically we can still make the playoffs by winning the conference. For that to happen hell would have to freeze over and

Davis loses to PSU

PSU loses to UNC

Montana loses to UND

UND loses to nobody

Odds of this happening are ridiculous to say the least, so you're sayin there's a chance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

Davis loses to PSU

PSU loses to UNC

Montana loses to UND

UND loses to nobody

Playoffs baby!!!!!!! :lol: