#1 (tied) in TD passes with 14

#12 (tied) in Int's thrown with 1

#24 (tied) in rushing TD's with 6

Defense:

#70 in points allowed per game with 28.7

#78 in yards allowed per game with 396.7

#84 in passing yds allowed with 660

#74 in rushing yds allowed with 530

QB Marcus Hendrickson leads the FCS in QB rating with 191.0 with QB throwing more than 20 passes. He is 8th in yards, and #2 in TD passes.

WR Greg Hardin is #1 in Receiving yards with 435 and #1 in TD receptions with 7.

In short great offense, but horrible defense. If UND can fix that defense they could be a powerful team on the horizon.

http://rivals.yahoo..../football/stats

In the FCS out of 122 teams:

Offense:

#3 in Points per game with 50.7

#5 in yards per game with 514.3

#5 in total passing yds with 1011

#29 in total rushing yds with 532

#1 (tied) in TD passes with 14

#12 (tied) in Int's thrown with 1

#24 (tied) in rushing TD's with 6

Defense:

#70 in points allowed per game with 28.7

#78 in yards allowed per game with 396.7

#84 in passing yds allowed with 660

#74 in rushing yds allowed with 530

QB Marcus Hendrickson leads the FCS in QB rating with 191.0 with QB throwing more than 20 passes. He is 8th in yards, and #2 in TD passes.

WR Greg Hardin is #1 in Receiving yards with 435 and #1 in TD receptions with 7.

In short great offense, but horrible defense. If UND can fix that defense they could be a powerful team on the horizon.

More than that we need to be able to run the damn ball, simple as that. A good run game is a defenses best friend, just ask NDSU. T.O.P. = fresh defense.

What's everyone's thoughts on the defensive struggles? I know tackling has been poor but is it the play up front getting us in troble or is it the new secondary not filling when called upon? I don't know the answer but if our tackling doesn't improve the game against Cal Poly will be a challenge. I'm not looking past Sac. St as that will be a challenge and they have proven they can compete with FBS schools but the game vs. Poly is one that I circled at the beginning of the year.

What's everyone's thoughts on the defensive struggles? I know tackling has been poor but is it the play up front getting us in troble or is it the new secondary not filling when called upon? I don't know the answer but if our tackling doesn't improve the game against Cal Poly will be a challenge. I'm not looking past Sac. St as that will be a challenge and they have proven they can compete with FBS schools but the game vs. Poly is one that I circled at the beginning of the year.

I was thinking about the Cal Poly game as well last night. After what I have seen so far defensively, I am glad the D spent extra time on them early on in camp.

I like how I posted this on AGS and of couse Bison fans chimed in and only 1 had a good comment but one of them said our numbers are off because we haven't played a team with a real defense. Typical of them not giving UND's offense any credit.

I like how I posted this on AGS and of couse Bison fans chimed in and only 1 had a good comment but one of them said our numbers are off because we haven't played a team with a real defense. Typical of them not giving UND's offense any credit.

Wow, you weren't kidding, really pathetic.

I was thinking about the Cal Poly game as well last night. After what I have seen so far defensively, I am glad the D spent extra time on them early on in camp.

The way that the rush defense has played the last two weeks, Cal Poly, Northern Arizona, and Montana could all be very long games........................

The way that the rush defense has played the last two weeks, Cal Poly, Northern Arizona, and Montana could all be very long games........................

I have to believe that last night will light a fire under the ass of the entire defense and they bring the right nasty attitude to the rest of the games and punish our opponents from here on out.

I have to believe that last night will light a fire under the ass of the entire defense and they bring the right nasty attitude to the rest of the games and punish our opponents from here on out.

After UND's last two performances defensively, I am going to assume that the defense just isn't any good at this point in time. It'd be hard to imagine a UND defense being that bad for a full season though. Should be interesting to see how they play.

Hope you are right. But that fire should have started burning after PSU embarrassed them...........

• Upvote 1

It is almost scary to imagine what Hendrickson's numbers could be if he had any sort of support from the run game the last two weeks................

Yeah, because Robert Morris and Colorado State are the best defenses in the FCS and FBS, respectively? It really is just not worth it to listen to arrogant NDSU fans, their heads are all way too big.

Yeah, because Robert Morris and Colorado State are the best defenses in the FCS and FBS, respectively? It really is just not worth it to listen to arrogant NDSU fans, their heads are all way too big.

NDSU is tops in defense according the stats but they played RMU and CSU does that mean they haven't played anyone with a good offense so the stats should be ignored.

As I said on AGS, any team can say: if we were better at this or that, we'd be a contending team. You have to prove it by winning games before you're entitled to any respect. UND hasn't proven anything yet, simple as that.

Did you happen to notice that, other than Bison fans, the response to your AGS post was crickets chirping? You've got a long way to go.

As I said on AGS, any team can say: if we were better at this or that, we'd be a contending team. You have to prove it by winning games before you're entitled to any respect. UND hasn't proven anything yet, simple as that.

Did you happen to notice that, other than Bison fans, the response to your AGS post was crickets chirping? You've got a long way to go.

Maybe the crickets have to do with the ridiculous amount of Bison trolls...nobody wants to deal with that crap.

People can view the stats and move on you don't need to post saying "Bob was here". Also I provided the link from Yahoo so any fan of any school can look at their school and see how they rank against other schools. True its going to be off due to FBS or DII games but I like to compare it to past seasons. This doesn't have anything to do with winning respect. It was a thread intended for UND fans (other fans are welcome to look to) and see how we are doing in certain categories and if they want to comment fine. Why do you need to hate. Also UNDColorado has a point if a UND thread is full of crap from NDSU fans whats the point of posting something that is either going to get lost in the poop puddle or crapped on as well.

• Upvote 1

People can view the stats and move on you don't need to post saying "Bob was here". Also I provided the link from Yahoo so any fan of any school can look at their school and see how they rank against other schools. True its going to be off due to FBS or DII games but I like to compare it to past seasons. This doesn't have anything to do with winning respect. It was a thread intended for UND fans (other fans are welcome to look to) and see how we are doing in certain categories and if they want to comment fine. Why do you need to hate. Also UNDColorado has a point if a UND thread is full of crap from NDSU fans whats the point of posting something that is either going to get lost in the poop puddle or crapped on as well.

So, why did you post a message in the first place if you didn't want people to reply?

It's an FCS forum not a UND forum. When you post a smack-talk message (which your post ultimately was) you have to expect that more people will disagree with you than not. The reason only Bison fans responded is that, on that website, only Bison fans have strong enough opinions about UND to even bother to respond.

So, why did you post a message in the first place if you didn't want people to reply?

It's an FCS forum not a UND forum. When you post a smack-talk message (which your post ultimately was) you have to expect that more people will disagree with you than not. The reason only Bison fans responded is that, on that website, only Bison fans have strong enough opinions about UND to even bother to respond.

I don't see the smack-talk message...darell1976 simply posted stats that told both the good & bad of the North Dakota football team in the 1st 3 games.

• Upvote 3

I don't see the smack-talk message...darell1976 simply posted stats that told both the good & bad of the North Dakota football team in the 1st 3 games.

UND isn't relevant enough right now. Gothmog is right. Those stats belong on BSC or UND boards. Not the board that everyone shares.

Not relevant according to who..a couple of bored NDSU fans... :lol:

Who are posting on the board of the not relevant team...

NDSU fans will comment about a team within an hour of our school. Hence, why the people who comment are NDSU fans. Other teams fans from across the country are probably not going care about the breakdown of statistics.