SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

pantherrob82

Hey guys,

UNI fan here. My wife and I are planning on coming to the Griz game on our way out to Montana in October.

I was wondering if you had any game day tips on how to get the most out of our trip to Grand Forks.

Does anyone use the ticket forum here? Looking to get two tickets, cheaper if possible as we are both students.

Can't wait to check your place out!

Hmmm, I do not use the ticket forum but always worth a look. My best guess is to check ticketmaster first because it is not sold out yet and if you are only looking for 2 tickets you should have a good chance of getting some decent ones next to each other for around $20 per. Try to find tickets between the 20 yard lines because the sightlines are not as good. If you have to get tickets outside of the 20 yard lines I suggest standing on the walkway above either end zone as that offers a pretty good view. Tickets are usually $15 but Montana is a premium game and the $5 extra is well worth it because you will be experiencing an electric atmosphere; possible the best since the Alerus Center opened in 2001. This game is also nationally televised on ROOT Sports so that should also increase the buzz.

Also get there early because there is plenty of food and beverages floating around at tailgating.

I would probably just get tickets through ticketmaster. We charge a very reasonable price for single game tickets ($25 or $20 with $5 budgeted for parking). How long are you planning on staying in Grand Forks?

I would guess not long. We are heading to Missoula for the week and may leave right after the game. Probably looking for pre game stops and activites or anything that we HAVE to see while in GF.

The HAVE to see list would have to include a tour of the Ralph Engelstad Area, where UND plays hockey. It is one of the nicest hockey arenas (if not the nicest) in the world. Took my kids there a couple of weeks ago and they were just saying wow over and over again.

How would you go about getting a tour? I wish we could catch a game.

If you're interested in a hockey game, here's the schedule.http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6405&SPSID=58682

You should be able to purchase tickets at the box office for the exhibition games. Ticket forum on this forum is used quite a bit for hockey.

From the Ralph's website..."Tours of Ralph Engelstad Arena are given at 1:30 PM Monday - Friday. Tour Goers should meet in the Sioux Shop for the start of the tour. To schedule a tour, contact the Sioux Shop at 701.777.6636. The cost per person is $3. No tours are given on event days."

From the Ralph's website..."Tours of Ralph Engelstad Arena are given at 1:30 PM Monday - Friday. Tour Goers should meet in the Sioux Shop for the start of the tour. To schedule a tour, contact the Sioux Shop at 701.777.6636. The cost per person is $3. No tours are given on event days."

If you're able to make it to Grand Forks for a Ralph tour on Friday I would recommend eating supper at any of 3 places downtown and then hanging out at any of the downtown bars for the night if that's your thing. For supper I would go Toasted Frog (expensive), Rhombus Guys (average), or Red Pepper (cheap). Then on Saturday, lunch at tailgating shouldn't be an issue. There's always food around from people. Wear some UNI gear and get into some Bison-bashing and you should be welcomed with open arms. There's also a "Where to eat in Grand Forks" thread in the community section of this board somewhere. A lot of good recommendations and opinions in there.

I am also coming up for the MT game from outside of ND. Are there vendors at the tailgating locations, or should I figure on bringing my own food and grill?

Yes. They started having a few vendors this year. Or you can bring your own. All tailgating is in one block covering about the west 1/3 of the main parking lot on the south side of the Alerus Center.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I walk around and meet up with friends an hour or so before the game. Dont have time/forget to bring my own/dont wanna be a freeloader. just saying it would be nice to buy a couple cold drafts. Probably more pwople like me. Buy a cold one there walk around and soak up a lil great pregame atmosphere: mini tailgating. They sell food but most bring their own too.