SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston University

johnsowe

http://www.uscho.com...force-findings/

Does this sound like UND?

I have plenty of classmates who went to UND, sexual assault I am unsure of, I'd assume that hockey players at UND have been a little over confident(just like any star athlete at many schools) at times, but I do know they have been typical college boys from stories I have heard(once again, I didn't single them out, college boys can be douches). As much as everyone wants to believe the best in their guys, it is usually too good to be true.

http://www.uscho.com...force-findings/

Does this sound like UND?

To be honest, maybe under Gino this *could* have happened.

Under Hakstol, nope. That dude is a major harda$$. I have a friend whose son plays junior hockey and knows some Sioux players. It's study/practice/a tiny bit of free time,/sleep/study/practice...repeat...then some games in-between. UND has a reputation under Hakstol for being the school to get good grades AND develop hockey skills. Hakstol demands 100% effort on and off the ice.

My friend's son can hack the academic end, but isn't' there with the hockey skills for the UND program.

Under Hakstol, nope. That dude is a major harda$$. I have a friend whose son plays junior hockey and knows some Sioux players. It's study/practice/a tiny bit of free time,/sleep/study/practice...repeat...then some games in-between. UND has a reputation under Hakstol for being the school to get good grades AND develop hockey skills. Hakstol demands 100% effort on and off the ice.

My friend's son can hack the academic end, but isn't' there with the hockey skills for the UND program.

I've been in grad school at UND for five years now and go out to the bars and clubs regularly, it is a very rare occasion that you see anybody from the hockey program out drinking and raising any sort of hell. I do see them out at restaurants with their girlfriends quite often, Ben Blood gave me and my date his table even though he was there first. Hak runs a tight ship, no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

I've been in grad school at UND for five years now and go out to the bars and clubs regularly, it is a very rare occasion that you see anybody from the hockey program out drinking and raising any sort of hell. I do see them out at restaurants with their girlfriends quite often, Ben Blood gave me and my date his table even though he was there first. Hak runs a tight ship, no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

Imagine what would happen to four of his starters if they had been caught up in the same voter fraud scandal that the rogue program under Coach Bohl has found themselves in recently.

Imagine that they were going to play Wisconsin that weekend. I guarantee that they'd be skating 17 players come the weekend. Because Hakstol has integrity. Bohl does not. Maybe that's one reason the Big Sky wanted nothing to do with NDSU?

I tend to agree that under Gino the players were almost celebrities when I was on campus, and I partied with some of them. But I don't recall hearing of anybody going over the line, That party hard ethos seemed to change to some degree when Blais took over and the program become more "business oriented". I can't speak to Haks' regime, but I am not surprised that he keeps the guys under a tight thumb. I'm guessing it may be because so many players are younger than under Gino's tenure, [insert overage Canadian joke here] so they may need more supervision. And I'd guess Hak made promises to their families that he'd look after their boys.

I tend to agree that under Gino the players were almost celebrities when I was on campus, and I partied with some of them. But I don't recall hearing of anybody going over the line, That party hard ethos seemed to change to some degree when Blais took over and the program become more "business oriented". I can't speak to Haks' regime, but I am not surprised that he keeps the guys under a tight thumb. I'm guessing it may be because so many players are younger than under Gino's tenure, [insert overage Canadian joke here] so they may need more supervision. And I'd guess Hak made promises to their families that he'd look after their boys.

I was there during the Gino era. No, they never crossed the line. I guess my point was just as yours. It has changed over the years and under Hakstol, it is extremely unlikely anything like this would happen.

Maybe if you did not go out to the bars and clubs (what clubs) regulary you would be done. :lol: How is your department allowing you to take so long?

Maybe if you did not go out to the bars and clubs (what clubs) regulary you would be done. :lol: How is your department allowing you to take so long?

Doctoral study is lengthy process, I am currently putting the final touches on my dissertation and anticipate graduating in the near future. If I would have gone to a diploma mill school like NDSU, I would probably have been done ages ago.

• Upvote 3

Doctoral study is lengthy process, I am currently putting the final touches on my dissertation and anticipate graduating in the near future. If I would have gone to a diploma mill school like NDSU, I would probably have been done ages ago.

But think of all of the good work you could have done there by helping the less fortunate fill out petitions. :lol:

5 years for a PhD is pretty good. Did you break the 400 page mark yet? Congratulations on your PhD! How has your experiance with your advisor been going?

More details from the report

In the documents, which were obtained by the Globe on Thursday, were tales of a late-night 2009 NCAA championship party at Agganis Arena where dozens of guests drank from kegs in the locker room showers and took to the ice naked to shoot pucks.

“It was insane,” one former student who attended told the BU task force. “People were having sex in the penalty box.”

One player came close to admitting that. “You don’t ask [permission for sex] when you are drunk,” he told the task force, adding that he did not see how the actions of the two players charged last year constituted sexual assault.

Another player used two slurs to describe women who “hook up with multiple guys,” then wondered, “What other word for them is there?”

A female student told the task force that a player had shoved his hands down her pants at a party and refused to stop even as she was punching him. She did not report the incident to authorities because, she said, “that’s just what [bU hockey players] do.”

Another told of a Facebook posting “in which hockey players boast about their sexual exploits,” referring to conquests as “kills.”

Parker told the task force he had stressed the importance of being respectful to women and advised players to avoid group sex, which the confidential report notes players engage in with surprising regularity.

http://bostonglobe.c...2b9N/story.html

Haha, my cousin played under Hak and I can guarantee they partied pretty hard. Not out and about but they are pretty hardcore....just smart about it. And yes, most of them act like typical rock stars....especially the Canadian ones. But oh well...as long as their good. I would definitely leave out the sexual assault though.

Also, I was at the Down Under a few years back (I believe that's what it's called) and Oshie was having amateur strip night there on some tables. All out of fun though. They are young...and will party hard like a lot of us do/did.

Haha, my cousin played under Hak and I can guarentee they partied pretty hard. Not out and about but they are pretty hardcore....just smart about it. And yes, most of them act like typical rock stars....especially the canadian ones. But oh well...as long as their good. I would definitely leave out the sexual assualt though.

Also, I was at the Down Under a few years back (I believe that's what it's called) and Oshie was having amatuer strip night there on some tables. All out of fun though. They are young...and will party hard like a lot of us do/did.

Hak was coaching during the Judy's incident wasn't he?

The being in a bar underage that Toews Oshie, and Bina got arrested for and never got suspended.

Well, the charges against Bina were dropped and somewhat strange to begin with. Also, I believe that those were the first strikes for both Oshie and Toews (not saying that they shouldn't have sat out a game or two though).

Well, the charges against Bina were dropped and somewhat strange to begin with. Also, I believe that those were the first strikes for both Oshie and Toews (not saying that they shouldn't have sat out a game or two though).

The charge against Robbie should have been dropped since all he was doing was telling them that they needed to tell Hak right away what happened. Over zealous cops was the problem for Robbie.