SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Another question I have from the article is about the attorney representing the players. The article states that NDSU isn't responsible for setting them up with the Attorney Quick. It also states that Quick is only representing the football players and not the other's who have been implicated. Are NCAA athletes allowed to have attorney's who are paid for by a third party? Or is the Attorney not being paid in this case?

I would be shocked if the attorney is not being paid, the only way the NCAA would allow that would be a public defender. I would assume that the NCAA would allow family, or maybe a long time family friend to help with attorney fees, but the NCAA would frown on having some booster paying the attorney fees.

I would suspect that the reason they got these jobs in the first place was because of their high profile in the Fargo community, but this is only a guess. Whether there was someone in the athletic department that steered them to the job is mere speculation.

One thing that is for certain, it is verboten to speak of this on Bisonville. Yah.

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/376144/

"They all received deferred imposition of sentence, 360 days of unsupervised probation, $300 legislative fee, 50 hours of community service to be completed by April 15 and a $25 community service fee."

Well, looks like they can forget about a career in banking and perhaps other forms of financial services.

Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1829) prohibits, without the prior written consent of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), a person convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or breach of trust or money laundering (covered offenses), or who has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense

And it doesn't matter if the crime was a misdemeanor or that their records are later cleared.

I would suspect that the reason they got these jobs in the first place was because of their high profile in the Fargo community, but this is only a guess. Whether there was someone in the athletic department that steered them to the job is mere speculation.

One thing that is for certain, it is verboten to speak of this on Bisonville. Yah.

This...I definitely upset some people with a post in their Smack/Preposterous statement forum. They can dish it but they can't take it very well.

Had they simply been suspended for Robert Morris for a vague "violation of team rules" this would be a minor issue today. Instead, another well deserved week of discussion on KFGO about why these guys shouldn't be playing on Saturday.

"Bison head coach Craig Bohl says a statement on possible action will be announced later today."

The NDSU brass has always said that they are going to let things play out in court before they decide what to do. Well, the courts have spoken. What will Bohl do now? Your guess is as good as mine!!

"They all received deferred imposition of sentence, 360 days of unsupervised probation, $300 legislative fee, 50 hours of community service to be completed by April 15 and a $25 community service fee."

Most of that makes sense to me, but would one of the forum's lawyerly types please explain the "deferred imposition of sentence" statement?

Most of that makes sense to me, but would one of the forum's lawyerly types please explain the "deferred imposition of sentence" statement?

Doesn't it mean something like record clear after one year provided they do not commit any same or similar offenses? School of law folks?

It means if they keep their noses clean for 360 days the charges will be wiped from their records. I'm not a lawyerly type, but that's what I got for my minor in consumption in college.

It means if they keep their noses clean for 360 days the charges will be wiped from their records. I'm not a lawyerly type, but that's what I got for my minor in consumption in college.

I thought so, but if that's all this amounts to I'm not surprised the legislature is considering a stiffening of the penalties.

This...I definitely upset some people with a post in their Smack/Preposterous statement forum. They can dish it but they can't take it very well.

Good for you, dmk! Rarely do Bison football players ever amount to anything in life, unless their own parents made them put on big boy pants before they ever started at NDSU.

NDSU football should be the poster children for Hardees: putting on little boy pants for 50 years.

Today the Bison team goes to court or at least a good share of the team does. I assume they will be found guilty since they have already admitted to doing the deed. Bohl said they would be punished when they had their day in court. I suppose Bohl will do the right thing now. I guess it would be safe to say that these boys won't be playing in the next game. So they will be out for the Youngstown game this weekend. Does anybody think I am right on this?

Today the Bison team goes to court or at least a good share of the team does. I assume they will be found guilty since they have already admitted to doing the deed. Bohl said they would be punished when they had their day in court. I suppose Bohl will do the right thing now. I guess it would be safe to say that these boys won't be playing in the next game. So they will be out for the Youngstown game this weekend. Does anybody think I am right on this?

You may have missed it, the players all plead guilty. They were given unsupervised probation, a fine, and community service. Rumor is that Bohl will address the issue this afternoon.

"Bison head coach Craig Bohl says a statement on possible action will be announced later today."

The NDSU brass has always said that they are going to let things play out in court before they decide what to do. Well, the courts have spoken. What will Bohl do now? Your guess is as good as mine!!

Bohl will not suspend players because Gene wants another title. NDSU Football > law

• Upvote 1

Noboby believes this will happen, especially given the attitude NDSU officials have displayed regarding these crimes thus far.

Well, looks like they can forget about a career in banking and perhaps other forms of financial services.

And it doesn't matter if the crime was a misdemeanor or that their records are later cleared.

Read the effing Rule-->prior written consent opens the door for them. But I shouldn't expect a who fan to understand the English language that well I guess!!

For a month, the chorusline boys from Bisonville were singing the same refrain: we don't know the full story, so don't rush to judgement.

Well guess what, the players all plead guilty. Bisonville basically publically urinated all over themselves with all their past statements, but will not publically apologize for their own stench and indecency.

Noboby believes this will happen, especially given the attitude NDSU officials have displayed regarding these crimes thus far.

Have those young butthockey players sobered up yet?! Also, when does frozen toes (Sioux Indian name for Kristo) go to court for almost killing them with forced over-consumption of alcohol?!

For a month, the chorusline boys from Bisonville were singing the same refrain: we don't know the full story, so don't rush to judgement.

Well guess what, the players all plead guilty. Bisonville basically publically urinated all over themselves with all their past statement, but will not publically apologize for their own stench and indecency.

Not true, we have been saying for weeks that they admitted to their wrongdoing early on--nice try tho!!

Bohl will not suspend players because Gene wants another title. NDSU Football > law

Ya, and suspending the drunk and drunk-causing butthockey players for the Alaska School of Mimes game is really gonna effect tey UND butthockey team-->got it!!

Read the effing Rule-->prior written consent opens the door for them. But I shouldn't expect a who fan to understand the English language that well I guess!!

I have read the rule, and I have enforced it. "Prior written consent", whatever that means. has no bearing. You plead or are found guilty and the result is the same, even if the criminal record is cleared or expunged. The feds don't care.

But rest assured I'm sure they'll find suitable employment ... "You wanna Super Size that?" Which I do believe is 'su's motto ...

You may have missed it, the players all plead guilty. They were given unsupervised probation, a fine, and community service. Rumor is that Bohl will address the issue this afternoon.

I'm not affraid to say that I've admired Craig Bohl during his time in Fargo. I met him on campus one day when my brother was attending NDSU and we were at the BSA playing raquetball. I was wearing all Sioux gear and gave him a jab about UND having the Nickel, and he was very professional about it, and took time to talk for a few moments.

I still want to think that Bohl has control of this situation, and they will right this wrong that has occurred here.

Have those young butthockey players sobered up yet?! Also, when does frozen toes (Sioux Indian name for Kristo) go to court for almost killing them with forced over-consumption of alcohol?!

Got some anger issues to deal with there CAS? As far as I can tell, no one has been charged with hazing or forcing anyone to over-consume alcohol in relation to the hockey team or the party. But there were 10 NDSU football players that were charged with voter fraud, and they plead guilty. That seems to be the subject of the day since the court hearing was today. But, nice efforts to deflect the topic away from the criminal element on the NDSU football team. Or are they just lazy and stupid rather than real criminals?