SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Again, what does this have to do with class A misdemeanor voter fraud charges filed against 10 current and 3 former NDSU football players?

Their October 2 court date is just around the corner. We'll see how much pleading down comes about, if any.

Thanks for trying to keep this on track.

And you should be proud of getting a minor.

My point was that we don't have all of the information yet because it is still under investigation. It is still early in the process. Players might still get charged with something. Yet, even without charges of any kind, the team is being punished for being stupid. See how that works.

So I keep hearing, nobody knows what happened, no police, no charges, no paper . . . and the AD just said "you are suspended"? Is that all part of the transparency? Looks like a complete "we are better than you" move for display purposes only. Maybe they were just chewing gum in class but it was time for a public display. NIce job by the AD in GF kissing up to the masses. Nice strategy, good fodder for a new paper article or two on both sides of this move.

So I keep hearing, nobody knows what happened, no police, no charges, no paper . . . and the AD just said "you are suspended"? Is that all part of the transparency? Looks like a complete "we are better than you" move for display purposes only. Maybe they were just chewing gum in class but it was time for a public display. NIce job by the AD in GF kissing up to the masses as a touch guy. Nice strategy, good fodder for a new paper article or two on both sides of this move.

As opposed to football players admitting to forging documents and the AD saying they have suffered enough and there will be no suspensions? Faison > Taylor.

Your prez, ad and coach botched it.

• Upvote 2

So I keep hearing, nobody knows what happened, no police, no charges, no paper . . . and the AD just said "you are suspended"? Is that all part of the transparency? Looks like a complete "we are better than you" move for display purposes only. Maybe they were just chewing gum in class but it was time for a public display. NIce job by the AD in GF kissing up to the masses. Nice strategy, good fodder for a new paper article or two on both sides of this move.

Maybe the AD didn't want to be like NDSU and end up suspending players later when it mattered...deep into a playoff race.

As opposed to football players admitting to forging documents and the AD saying they have suffered enough and there will be no suspensions? Faison > Taylor.

Your prez, ad and coach botched it.

Whether or not they botched it, time will tell. If NDSU was a 500 team, we wouldn't be seeing a media frenzie, so part of the problem is the success on the field. What we know for sure is that the latest move up north was a complete in your face (und prespective), a-hole (ndsu perspective) move. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect a football game for another 10 years is my take away.

Whether or not they botched it, time will tell. If NDSU was a 500 team, we wouldn't be seeing a media frenzie, so part of the problem is the success on the field.

Why should it matter how good of a team NDSU is? Doing the right thing shouldn't depend on that. That is NDSU's fault, not the media.

What we know for sure is that the latest move up north was a complete in your face (und prespective), a-hole (ndsu perspective) move. Nothing more, nothing less.
Could it be it was that Faison handled things correctly as opposed to the inept Taylor?

Don't expect a football game for another 10 years is my take away.
I don't care one way or the other on this one.

Whether or not they botched it, time will tell. If NDSU was a 500 team, we wouldn't be seeing a media frenzie, so part of the problem is the success on the field. What we know for sure is that the latest move up north was a complete in your face (und prespective), a-hole (ndsu perspective) move. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect a football game for another 10 years is my take away.

So in 10 years you will have team that is good enough so you would not be scared to play the team up "north"? OK we can wait until you feel that you have good enough of a team.

So in 10 years you will have team that is good enough so you would not be scared to play the team up "north"? OK we can wait until you feel that you have good enough of a team.

And I was thinking that it has nothing to do with the quality of the teams. Just repeated a-holes moves followed by disassocaition was my theory. Last time I checked ndsu was not ducking anyone is fcs, let alone teams outside the top 30.

And I was thinking that it has nothing to do with the quality of the teams. Just repeated a-holes moves followed by disassocaition was my theory. Last time I checked ndsu was not ducking anyone is fcs, let alone teams outside the top 30.

I thought polls were "meaningless," made up of rankings submitted by lackey team water boys who know nothing about the total FCS landscape?

If NDSU was a .500 team those players would have been suspended but since they are #1 and needs to keep the playoff streak alive (currently at 2) they still play.

UND is so paranoid about NDSU, they suspend players for no other reason than to show that they have the moral high ground. Am I interpreting your nonsense correctly?

Faison got involved when no one was charged with anything? Lots more to come. That's one hell of a suspension against the worst team in DI hockey. WOW.

Keep spinning your theories and hoping for the worst Dan, seems to be all you have. They skipped the exhibition games and suspended them for the first regular season game. Not sure what more you want? I guess a game 3 months down the road would make more sense to you. The AD left this open for the possibility of more punishment depending on what investigations turn up. GT probably should have been taking notes instead of claiming his players were victims.

Didn't your current starting running back get suspended for a whole year a few years ago but there were never any charges? I guess he's made up for those lack of charges since (see title of this thread among other things, he has a couple court dates coming up), but it was strange how the story on that never quite made it all the way out...

Faison got involved when no one was charged with anything? Lots more to come. That's one hell of a suspension against the worst team in DI hockey. WOW.

OK. What series should Hakstol and Faison have waited for to impose the suspensions that would have been better than the first regular season (non-exhibition) game of the season? Just curious.

Those kids broke team rules! Also Alcohol is prohibited in residence halls (a school rule). Thats why they were suspended unlike NDSU players where I guess state laws are breakable according to team rules.

Listening to Minneapolis radio station this past week. Stories about UND are about the school working with NASA, stories about NDSU are about foodtball players de-frauding the goverment.

Gosh I hope they stop mixing the two schools up.

• Upvote 1

Listening to Minneapolis radio station this past week. Stories about UND are about the school working with NASA, stories about NDSU are about foodtball players de-frauding the goverment.

Gosh I hope they stop mixing the two schools up.

How much you wanna bet tomorrows game won't be about NDSU and Prairie View but about NDSU and the state of ND charging players with petition fraud.

So why didn't GT just suspend them against the worst team in the FCS? Or is that this week? So many cupcakes I can't keep them straight.

Hmm, NDSU could have suspended players for the Robert Morris game, they could for the Prairieview game.... but they didn't.

I'm just hoping that UND wins in spite of the suspensions, as the travel to Anchorage isn't easy and made worse by not having some of the top players.

So why didn't GT just suspend them against the worst team in the FCS? Or is that this week? So many cupcakes I can't keep them straight.

I would love to see what NDSU would do IF their players ended up with some jail term that forced them to miss a game or two.

Reading between the lines on Kolpack's article, it is apparent that since UND made NDSU look silly this week the negotiaton for a future NDSU/UND game are over(at least in NDSU's mind). The reality is that UND just learned from the buffoonery of the way NDSU handled the situation in Fargo. .I don't think the intention of UND was to make look NDSU look silly.. UND was just protecting themselves so they didn't end up looking as bad as NDSU came out looking. Nobody need to help NDSU look silly. They took care of that themselves.

• Upvote 2

People need to stop looking at this as one school trying to make another school look foolish. These suspensions that were handed out by Faison and Hak had nothing to do with NDSU. The issue that took place this past weekend with the hockey players is something that was serious and something had to be done since the cops were not involved and no citations were handed out.

People need to stop looking at this as one school trying to make another school look foolish. These suspensions that were handed out by Faison and Hak had nothing to do with NDSU. The issue that took place this past weekend with the hockey players is something that was serious and something had to be done since the cops were not involved and no citations were handed out.

Don't kid yourself but they had everything to do with NDSU.