SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

What are some of the possible punishments these student-athletes might be facing?

No pudding for a week

Coaching staff will no longer shine their shoes

Reading of bed-time stories from President Bresciani suspended

Coach Bohl is going to scowl at them

Subscription to Fargo Forum cancelled

Other possibilities?

Their subscription to the Forum has already been cancelled to protect their delicate feelings.

To prove your point:

Mike McFeely ‏@MikeMcFeelyKFGO

Also clear by Bresciani's e-mail that blaming the media is a popular tactic at NDSU when things aren't going their way.

A while back a wise man told me, "Don't piss off people who buy ink by the truckload."

I think I'm going add to that with, "It's not smart to piss off people with high wattage transmitters either."

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't it be absolutely fitting and completely ironic if there was a petition started to oust Gene Taylor. A petition with actual names and signatures.

On a side note, they might want to check that AD office down in Fargo for lead paint...the athletic directors down there get a little goofy after a few years on the job.

Travis Beck Sentencing. With the ASPEN Program, looks like he'll be forced to miss class and practice, but not any games.

1. 1 Required Condition, 11 09/11/2012, Closed 09/11/2012

2. Attend ASPEN Program, . 09/11/2012 - 09/26/2012, Active 09/11/2012

3. City Work Program, Restore 40 hrs CWP - contact RESTORE by 9/18/12 09/11/2012 - 10/18/2012, Active 09/11/2012

Fee Totals: Fines/Fees $300.00 Victim-Witness Fee $25.00 Fee Totals $ $325.00

Confinement: Agency: Cass County Jail, 30 Days

Suspended: , 30 Days

See Howard Cosell and the heat he took. Sorry again Lakes other brother Darell

Do you mean when he said "Look at that little monkey run" or something similar to that? Not exactly the same thing. Howard was talking about a specific player, who was black. He had used the term before on the air without getting into trouble. Knuckle dragging is associated most closely with people of low intelligence who are crude and depend on physical intimidation. The term isn't associated with a person of color. The way it was used was referring to the TEAM, not to a specific person. The team has a mix of different races. Therefore it would be hard to use the term in a racist way since he was talking about the TEAM made up of different races, not an individual of a specific color. But way to go, trying to take the conversation down to a new low by injecting the race card.
  • Upvote 1

Do you mean when he said "Look at that little monkey run" or something similar to that? Not exactly the same thing. Howard was talking about a specific player, who was black. He had used the term before on the air without getting into trouble. Knuckle dragging is associated most closely with people of low intelligence who are crude and depend on physical intimidation. The term isn't associated with a person of color. The way it was used was referring to the TEAM, not to a specific person. The team has a mix of different races. Therefore it would be hard to use the term in a racist way since he was talking about the TEAM made up of different races, not an individual of a specific color. But way to go, trying to take the conversation down to a new low by injecting the race card.

As in Neanderthal-like, lower on the evolutionary scale and inferior intelligence = hence "knuckle dragging." Wow! I can't believe we constantly have to expain this stuff to these interlopers from down south. :sad:

What is strange is that I heard this line from a few NDSU faithful at the CSU game:

"Well, those kids didn't know better. You know how those people do things where they're from!"

Yeah, tell me what is racist, NDSU trolls...

Are all of the players from Chicago? ;) ;) ;):D

FARGO – Disciplinary decisions concerning the 10 North Dakota State University football players accused of petition fraud have not yet been decided, President Dean Bresciani said in a written statement Wednesday.

“I apologize for any confusion caused by our athletics department comments about the student disciplinary process,” he wrote. “Contrary to what has been suggested or implied, no decisions have been made.”

Head coach Craig Bohl said Monday the players could face discipline but won’t be suspended, echoing Athletic Director Gene Taylor’s statement after the team’s win over Colorado State that the accused players won’t be suspended.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/244844/

Is someone on campus at NDSU listening to the citizens of North Dakota?

There are 57 pages on the fashion aspects of new hockey jerseys. What's your point?

Get over it already. I read page 10 skipped to page 20 skipped to page 30 and it's the same stuff basically. What I'm getting at is thing is just going in circles. Let it go and let Bohl and the Bison live with the scrutiny that will follow them all year.
  • Upvote 1

Get over it already. I read page 10 skipped to page 20 skipped to page 30 and it's the same stuff basically. What I'm getting at is thing is just going in circles. Let it go and let Bohl and the Bison live with the scrutiny that will follow them all year.

Have you read the threads about jerseys? Is it the right shade? The stripes are too wide. It looks too generic. Or any of the other threads that go on and on about nothing? I think a topic talking about football players forging signatures on petitions is a little more important than the fashion merits of different jersey styles. If you don't like it, don't read it.
  • Upvote 1