SiouxSports.com Forum

Intro Music Review

UND-1

I am going to give my honest review of last nights intro music/production in hopes that it gets seen by somebody at UND. My thoughts have been echoed by a couple others. Not a large sample size but not just my thoughts either:

1. Loved the whole lead up to the walk-out, etc. Very good production of old highlites. Very good.

2. Picking "Back in Black" was a great call....but here is the problem. TURN UP THE VOLUME! Make people jump out of their seats. I could barely hear it.

3. "Back in Black" should be the main song and their should be a silent 5-10 seconds before it comes on. Then, everyone should hear the guitar rift louder than hell to get them off their seat. What they did is simply blend Back in Black into the other noise so it took me 10-15 seconds before I figured out what the song was. Needs to be the focus of the walk-out, not just a little part of it.

4. Need to show Mussman leading them out of the tunnel, not just some players after Mussman is already by the camera.

5. Have Mussman line up and get them ready. Stop the music. Camera on Mussman......then........BOOOM.....Back in Black louder than a mother-fuker! Need to build anticipation before Back in Black.

This is the way that every school does their walk-out and UND is very close but just some minor tweaks would make it perfect.

Like I said, very good overall production just some volume and timing issues could be easily tweaked.

• Upvote 3

I agree it was a nice concept, but I think they kind of botched it timing wise and with the sound system.

The new opening video was very good.

Was it just me, or did the PA sound terrible all night last night? I had trouble understanding the annoucnements most of the time. Don't remember it being that bad in years past.

I agree it was a nice concept, but I think they kind of botched it timing wise and with the sound system.

The new opening video was very good.

Was it just me, or did the PA sound terrible all night last night? I had trouble understanding the annoucnements most of the time. Don't remember it being that bad in years past.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking the PA system sounded horrible. I couldn't understand a lot of what was being said. It has never been that bad in the past.

As much as we all hate to give any credit to the school down the road, but their intro videos for games for the last few years have been great. Whoever is in charge of the in game production of games should look at what they do at NDSU. They do it right. Music selection, timing, camera shots of players coming out on the field, all that. I think the Alerus is on the right track. Like said before by someone else on here, some minor tweaks and it will be great.

Ah yes, the old word...acoustics. That is a tough one in that building. I found it incredibly hard to understand as well, but I'm not too sure it was because it wasn't loud enough or too loud. Too loud and you get indecipherable echo, too little and no one can hear it over the ambient noise. I thought the video and intro was a good concept. Two separate videos one based on legacy, then the shot of the team working they way from the locker room to the tunnel... then the other video set to launch our team onto the field. I very much liked the concept. I thought the music worked for the videos. But I'm old.

As much as we all hate to give any credit to the school down the road, but their intro videos for games for the last few years have been great. Whoever is in charge of the in game production of games should look at what they do at NDSU. They do it right. Music selection, timing, camera shots of players coming out on the field, all that. I think the Alerus is on the right track. Like said before by someone else on here, some minor tweaks and it will be great.

I haven't seen what NDSU does, but I've heard good things. I don't know if UND staff or Alerus staff handles the pre-game stuff at the Alerus, but one would think they could get some guidance from the team at REA, as they always do a fantastic job.

At any rate, the intro last night was much better than it has been the last couple seasons. 2010 and 2011 was covered with cheese.................

The PA system in the Al has been gradually getting worse the last few years. I don't know if the system is just starting to show its age or if they just need to adjust the settings. The last 2 years there was a speaker hanging over my section that had a constant high pitch squeal. By the end of a game you had a headache from the stupid thing.

I haven't seen what NDSU does, but I've heard good things. I don't know if UND staff or Alerus staff handles the pre-game stuff at the Alerus, but one would think they could get some guidance from the team at REA, as they always do a fantastic job.

At any rate, the intro last night was much better than it has been the last couple seasons. 2010 and 2011 was covered with cheese.................

We do have a great entrance and it gets everyone very excited. The one today, I hear will be different because of honoring the title team, we'll see. Cheese entrances are obvious and suck. Hopefully UND finds something that works.

Score prediction? Bison shouldn't have a problem winning, correct?

Shouldn't have any issues. Boys should win today by 30-40 but you never know. Football can be a weird game. Only thing we can learn today about our team is if the game is close. If we have any trouble on offense, I'll cry.

The intro is a real buzz-kill in my opinion.........................

It's too long, and the PA is so bad in the Alerus you can't hear anything the narrator is saying anyways.

I agree too long, you need a buildup like I said before. Probably 2 minutes and that is it. Back in black doesn't build excitement either. Think Enter Sandman or Welcome to the Jungle type songs. Build...build...build...TEAM EXPLODES ON FIELD!

• Upvote 2