SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Hope you're right on this one. Given lack of offers, recruiters obviously see something I don't (speed?), but hard to imagine a down side to a 6'3", 235-pound running back who was good enough to put up big rushing numbers in the top class of Minnesota HS football. If he didn't work out at RB, seems there would be a lot of options on defense for this guy.

Anyone know anything more about late offeree Luke Elsner, DE from Wisc? Coming for a visit? Still in the mix?

i don't think the kids has good enough grades to get into school here unfortunately (Anthony Anderson)

He came in for a visit a couple weeks ago. I saw I think Harmston tweeting at him wanting to talk football with him.

I was just going to post about Elsner. He's got some decent offers, but still hasn't committed so I wonder if UND has a decent shot at him. I know he was at Air Force last weekend, but I don't recall the other trips he's made.

This is a UND fan thread we are going to post about UND, we are going to poke fun at FU - it's what we do here because we are UND fans.

With all due respect, FU's back-to-back-to-back national championships speak louder than our poking fun at anything Bison-related.

I was just going to post about Elsner. He's got some decent offers, but still hasn't committed so I wonder if UND has a decent shot at him. I know he was at Air Force last weekend, but I don't recall the other trips he's made.

My sources are telling me he is visiting UTEP this weekend (no idea why) and then will be making his decision. We are in his final 3-4 and have a shot. How good of one, no idea. Kid is good.

Also, about Ezra. UNI has had Bryce Paup (DL Coach - NFL player) recruiting him hard. At this point I feel like UNI is a bigger threat to us than NDSU. That may sound crazy but it is formulated from very good information.

If UND can somehow, someway, get Ezra and Elsner. Wow! The defensive line just started to look the part.

My sources are telling me he is visiting UTEP this weekend (no idea why) and then will be making his decision. We are in his final 3-4 and have a shot. How good of one, no idea. Kid is good.

Also, about Ezra. UNI has had Bryce Paup (DL Coach - NFL player) recruiting him hard. At this point I feel like UNI is a bigger threat to us than NDSU. That may sound crazy but it is formulated from very good information.

If UND can somehow, someway, get Ezra and Elsner. Wow! The defensive line just started to look the part.

I'm assuming in the event we were to get both of them that at least one would not redshirt, as there would be 4 DEs in this class.

And you do sound crazy about Ezra being a battle between UND and UNI :) But you never know.....

It was a respectful and we'll thought out post, sometimes the truth hurts. Ezra has money on the line hear, good for him to make an educated decision on this. I am sure it can't be easy.

Really - like we need to hear this over and over - even if it's true? ... from my perspective NDSU has won most of the recruiting battles with UND in the last few years ...Getting Ezra, even if it's a full ride offer compared to maybe a partial from the Bison, would be a great get for UND.

1. Personally even if it's true recently - do we really need FU fans posting this? Bring something constructive to the discussion

2. So FU fans need to comfort themselves by saying the only way UND could get a player that FU wants is that we offer a full-ride and they are only offering a partial (something they can't prove but need to feel is true).

What gets me is the masquarade as a "just stopping by to chat" when the reality is they are here to say "Oh and by the way if you haven't heard lately FU is better than UND."

With all due respect, FU's back-to-back-to-back national championships speak louder than our poking fun at anything Bison-related.

Yah but do we really need them commenting on and refuting everything that is posted? I realize we can't stop it. But FU isn't on our schedule, they have moved on and "left us behind", they get every recruit they want, our conference is weak, we are a hockey school, we'll never catch up to them - we hear it all just about everyday from one of them - so what's the point of trolling here?

Yah but do we really need them commenting on and refuting everything that is posted? FU isn't on our schedule, they have moved on, they get every recruit they want so what's the point of trolling here?

I agree most of them are awful, but Timmay didn't really refute anything that was being stated here.

Things have got to turn around eventually in that department (recruiting battles) and I think your new staff will surely help.

This guy is obviously the smartest bison fan there is ;) and we should encourage that.

I imagine Ezra is still a long shot to come to UND. I am sure the last thing Bison fans thought they would have to be worrying about would be the possibility of losing a recruit to UND that had already committed to NDSU . Even though he probably will still go to SU, it is fun watching the Bison fans squirm.

I don't think Bison fans are worried at all if you read Bisonville.. We've beaten them before but after losing battle after battle it would be nice to win one. Our biggest advantage besides more scholarships available is playing time. NDSU is stacked at D tackle and Ezra may not be the best at his positon in the current class. I don't think Ezra is a great fit in a 3-4 defense though. Either way I hope we get him.

I don't think Bison fans are worried at all if you read Bisonville.. We've beaten them before but after losing battle after battle it would be nice to win one. Our biggest advantage besides more scholarships available is playing time. NDSU is stacked at D tackle and Ezra may not be the best at his positon in the current class. I don't think Ezra is a great fit in a 3-4 defense though. Either way I hope we get him.

They are no more proven on the d line than we are.

He'd actually be a great fit as a DE in the 3-4.

Yah but do we really need them commenting on and refuting everything that is posted? I realize we can't stop it. But FU isn't on our schedule, they have moved on and "left us behind", they get every recruit they want, our conference is weak, we are a hockey school, we'll never catch up to them - we hear it all just about everyday from one of them - so what's the point of trolling here?

119 posts...been a SiouxSports.com member since 2004...it's not like he signed up five minutes ago and posted for the first time.

All are welcome, we come here to talk about UND. Usually when someone has to say "I'm not trolling" it's followed by something that could be taken as trolling. And cut the "gosh you sure are sensitive here" crap - glad to talk UND recruiting with anyone, not so interested in hearing "we win every recruiting battle" from another school ad nasium. 119 posts in 8 years not really that engaged in talking about UND.

Not sure who he is exactly, but a gentleman by the name of Tank Harris out of Chicago looks like he may be going to UND. Has UND football as his twitter background.

All Hail Tank @AllHailTank 54 mins

Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at the University of North Dakota