SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

By far my favorite thing about him on film is his build. He's nice a lean. We've had a few too many guys with less than desirable body densities on our OL. Aka fat weak and slow.

Disagree with the body type thing because I have seen way to many guys that "Look like Tarzan, play like Jane" to buy into the body type argument. I have also watched a lot of fat bodies kick ass on the field. I am more concerned with movement, power (not strength) and attitude or aggressiveness.

Disagree with the body type thing because I have seen way to many guys that "Look like Tarzan, play like Jane" to buy into the body type argument. I have also watched a lot of fat bodies kick ass on the field. I am more concerned with movement, power (not strength) and attitude or aggressiveness.

That's why I said fat weak and slow. I had a few teammates that were just plain fat athletes. Looked like garbage but had the feet of a ballerina and were monsters on the field. I'm saying those fat weak and slow guys weren't dedicated. You can't change your body type but it's not like every lineman has to be fat. The bottom line is they are tough smart good players. If you look at Stockwell Miller and Bell they are all lean athletic linemen with a serious mean streak. We need more of that.

I really hope that we land Chris Carter but I am just curious why all the hype? He has an offer from Butler but no other known offers. Obviously we have had other players with little or no offers that have turned out but I am just wondering. Looks solid on his hudl film though.

Edit: Nevermind I see that he has offers from BUTLER, VALPO, KENT STATE, BOWLING GREEN and BUFFALO

I really hope that we land Chris Carter but I am just curious why all the hype? He has an offer from Butler but no other known offers. Obviously we have had other players with little or no offers that have turned out but I am just wondering. Looks solid on his hudl film though.

Edit: Nevermind I see that he has offers from BUTLER, VALPO, KENT STATE, BOWLING GREEN and BUFFALO

I don't think your right about those offers. Wrong guy maybe.

You may be correct - what is your source?

EDIT - I see your post - I would guess this is good info! Got Em Coach - does he have all these offers?

I know we need to land some of the said names above to truly round out this years class but I have to say how impressed I am with the new staff and the work Freund did through the uncertainty. I am thrilled to see all of this activity and I know it will pay off. Go Sioux!

Really? Cuz when the news of Bohl leaving leaked that place went bonkers. I do care what Bisonville thinks to a point. They assume they'll get every recruit they want and that we're an afterthought. Actually flipping a committed recruit would be a nice serving of humble pie and would be a big step in swaying the perception of the two schools from a recruiting standpoint.

Of course the place went bonkers. There were rumors that he was leaving with the entire staff in the middle of a playoff run. How would we react if Haskol left at the start of the Frozen 4? In reality the coaches stuck around and it didn't phase them. But how did they respond? They won the whole thing again, put together an impressive coaching staff with Bison roots, and are keeping all the same systems in place. I think they lost a few recruits but they have nearly 20 verbals right now with some great players and are closing things out with the few spots they have left. I would love to snag Ezra but lets face it, it's not going to change much at all just like getting Mollberg didn't change the course of either team. There are plenty of players out there. By parading a few victories here and there we just look like idiots. We're not even in the same league as FU right now and until we accept that and win a meaningful game we need to show some class

• Upvote 1

Along with his talent, I would guess that some of the hype for Carter is the position he plays... CB is a dire need for us. After graduation & transfers, I don't even know who we could trot out on the field at CB right now?? Chris Brown is the only CB remaining that I see on the roster, unless Ivery plays CB & the new Juco does. We need a lot of help at this position. As for Carter, kid has great film, is a heck of a talent & looks the part. Saw him at the bball game, while many HS recruits & incoming freshman look like exactly what they are - HS kids, he looks like a college football player already. He's a solid 190 lbs when we've had CBs playing at an overmatched 165 lbs the past few years. I'm no college football coach but it seems most on here & the SFI blog are impressed w/ his film. I have the utmost trust in Bubba & Schmidt to evaluate defensive players. If he signs, he could definitely come in & compete for a starting spot.