SiouxSports.com Forum

Bakken Trophy

westsidesioux

You're joking right because the phrase "We've moved on" gets brought up bu su trolls everytime the mere mention of su playing UND comes up. Yah might jab at su once in awhile but It's hard not to mention it with so many trolls posting here every day.

You mean BisonDan? He is the only gung-ho person on here about trashing UND. I don't like UND. Never have, never will. I will always look at is as something idfferent, but you....always bring up this "we've moved on" thing, yet.....outside of a very select few, I hardly see anyone claim that. Maybe start basing your posts on what the majority is saying rather than what you actually choose to read.

Bison06 and JohnnyboyND7 are hardly trolls, they get a little pissy every once and a while like everyone else but I don't consider them trolls just because they like an inferior school. I like that we have at least two posters from NDSU who at least try to be realistic unlike most on bville

One of the few things I wil agree with geaux sioux on (outside of the inferior school comment, both are good schools, and most on bisonville are realistic.), Bison06 is the furthest from a troll i have seen on a board. I seem like Lakes compared to him.

Bison06 and JohnnyboyND7 are hardly trolls, they get a little pissy every once and a while like everyone else but I don't consider them trolls just because they like an inferior school. I like that we have at least two posters from NDSU who at least try to be realistic unlike most on bville

I am fine with anyone who wants to talk about Sioux sports. But, Johnnyboy looks for opportunities to posts about NDSU way too much - last weekend prefect example - we got a history lesson about NDSU option QBs and how no QB in UND could match them. I hesitate to even bring it up again. I am not interested in NDSU option QBs discussions in threads about UND 2012 football or starting a new travelling trophy. If he wants to start a thread about that he is more than welcome to so and in fact it would be helpful to me so I can ignore it.

• Upvote 3

I am fine with anyone who wants to talk about Sioux sports. But, Johnnyboy looks for opportunities to posts about NDSU way too much - last weekend prefect example - we got a history lesson about NDSU option QBs and how no QB in UND could match them. I hesitate to even bring it up again. I am not interested in NDSU option QBs discussions in threads about UND 2012 football or starting a new travelling trophy. If he wants to start a thread about that he is more than welcome to so and in fact it would be helpful to me so I can ignore it.

Fully agree!

Back on topic - I like the idea of a travelling trophy between UND and MSU. Anyone have any thoughts on a trophy with UNC since they are our other annual game in the Big Sky? Anyone know how do you go about getting this started?

If you don't have a problem with the Dakota Marker, why the disparaging nicknames on this board? Road Marker, Mile Marker? And my personal favorite that it resembles a turd?

I didn't mean any disrespect...I meant to type Dakota and road came out. But it is a road marker isn't it? Just like the UND-NDSU trophy was a nickel right?

I believe we have the most present history with unc, but they have little athletic talent on the field, and have a hard time finishing in the top half in football every year. I would like this, but for a rival game no.

The Bakken Trophy idea is very good.

Even though Montana is THE team (for now!) in the Big Sky, every year UND will play MSU or UNC. UNC..nah. MSU, much more tradition.

I remember when Bill McCartney, the former CU Buffs coach put Nebraska as THE rival of CU on the board. People laughed. Eventually, it was true, CU played at that level and beyond for the years he was there. UND has to do the same thing with schools like Montana, MSU, and *cough, cough* NDSU. Time to cowboy up!

The Bakken Trophy idea is very good.

Even though Montana is THE team (for now!) in the Big Sky, every year UND will play MSU or UNC. UNC..nah. MSU, much more tradition.

I remember when Bill McCartney, the former CU Buffs coach put Nebraska as THE rival of CU on the board. People laughed. Eventually, it was true, CU played at that level and beyond for the years he was there. UND has to do the same thing with schools like Montana, MSU, and *cough, cough* NDSU. Time to cowboy up!

As a Husker fan I hated CU. I looked forward to Nebraska playing them more than any other team in the Big 8 (12).

As a Husker fan I hated CU. I looked forward to Nebraska playing them more than any other team in the Big 8 (12).

It was a good rivalry for awhile. There were moments. I remember the sign, "Sal is dead, go Big Red" at the border. That was as nasty as it could get. However, in retrospect, the CU fans were jerks.

The point is that McCartney set the bar high. That is what needs to be done with UND.

I believe we have the most present history with unc, but they have little athletic talent on the field, and have a hard time finishing in the top half in football every year. I would like this, but for a rival game no.

I think UNC will get at least 3 conference wins this year.

Basketball team has had some success, I think the football team may start to turn the corner they have a couple of stud LBs/WRs and the QB looked OK last year. Plus, the largest nose guard I have ever seen play football and I believe that Denver has a large number of UND alumni in the area.

• Upvote 1